Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Good luck to him, staggering amount of money he will be earning, monstrous in fact. Wanted him badly here, think he is one of the best in the world but I am also very glad in a way we are not forking out such astronomical amounts but spreading over a few signings.

Of all the things you can criticise him for, the one thing you can't say is he has no ambition - PSG is one of the big projects in world football. Could potentially become the first French powerhouse of the modern era.

Of all the things you can criticise him for, the one thing you can't say is he has no ambition - PSG is one of the big projects in world football. Could potentially become the first French powerhouse of the modern era.

I do think a player who actually chooses to go to the French league like Falcao did lack ambition. Cavani pretty much went to PSG because it was his only option other than staying at Napoli. No one else was willing to pay his release clause.

At PSG, if they don't win the Champions League, no one cares because winning the French League is so meaningless these days. With the absolutely staggering amount of money their squad costs it makes their domestic league an afterthought. The standard there is low, so if they don't win the CL their season is really a failure.

If a player has the option to go to Real/Barca/United/Chelsea ect and chooses to go to the 5th best league in Europe, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I do think a player who actually chooses to go to the French league like Falcao did lack ambition. Cavani pretty much went to PSG because it was his only option other than staying at Napoli. No one else was willing to pay his release clause.

At PSG, if they don't win the Champions League, no one cares because winning the French League is so meaningless these days. With the absolutely staggering amount of money their squad costs it makes their domestic league an afterthought. The standard there is low, so if they don't win the CL their season is really a failure.

If a player has the option to go to Real/Barca/United/Chelsea ect and chooses to go to the 5th best league in Europe, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Paris is (hate saying this) a pretty cool place... So I don't blame him and he was left in an awkward position as his employers wanted the money!!!

So good luck to him - we didn't meet the clause, PSG did - end of story ;)

Now I know how the other club fans used to feel when we paid high transfer fees.

Anyways as for Cavani,I wish him well and hope he continues his good form.He's a really good football player and doesn't deserve harsh words about this move.

Bonne Chance Edision.

There is two ways to look at this, it shouldn't read "Leaves a bad taste in your mouth" yes it maybe strange he has chosen a some what weaker league over where he could of potentially ended up, but if teams where not able to stump up what Napoli wanted it becomes a moot point. You also have to appreciate that he might just be leaving Napoli to go to PSG to actually build something there, which is a fresh start where all parties receive exactly what they want.

This isn't just about the clause, but about the astronomical wages that go with it. The club have to stop somewhere, and maybe this is a step too far for us, and to be fair it isn't a bad thing. We all want the best players here, but I feel the club and board have made the right choice in this instance if we backed out of this.

Some of you lads are acting like spoilt brats. Almost as if you believe Chelsea is by right a bigger club than PSG. Chelsea were in the exact same position a decade ago. The only difference is that instead of bitter Chelsea fans whinging and whining, it was Liverpool fans or some shit.

Whenever a Chelsea fan says with bitter adorn 'he is just doing it for the money' I cringe and murder a small kitten. You are doing this to the world, not me.

Blah.

I dont remember us fighting to avoid relegation like Paris did with the Sochaux & Troyes under Lacombe, I remember a Chelsea that won cups, supercups, and was playing the Champions League, having players like Desailly, JT, Zola & JFH ... & co.We were a good side, and with Romans money we are now a top side.Our situation with Paris is absolutley not the same, we needed the money because of our financial situation, we were not a toy of a Qatarian Emir, promoting the 2022 WC.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You