Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Do you reckon the £50 we spent on Torres has put Roman off doing that again? I think it might've done. If Cavani doesn't do well here which isn't impossible, it will be pretty devastating. I don't think we'll offer anything over £40m

Do you reckon the £50 we spent on Torres has put Roman off doing that again? I think it might've done. If Cavani doesn't do well here which isn't impossible, it will be pretty devastating. I don't think we'll offer anything over £40m

If that was the case the £30 million we spent of Sheva would've put him off I think. £32 million for Hazard as well is quite substantial. I think it's safe to say Roman isn't worried about what he spends..

De Laurentis will be the most happy person in the world. Same fucking saga like Hulk, Falcao, Modric.

nothing bad in it (if we'll eventually sign Rooney/Lewa this summer). Im glad we havent paid 40m for Modric, 60m for hulk and even 60m for Falcao. Falcao is the only player i would want in Chelsea from those 3 and i would have prefer to spend it on Cavani. This is football nowdays, sometimes you get them and sometimes its too much.

PSG will give ADL exactly what he wants, I have a feeling this is the point where we exit this deal and move on. We might be attractive, but what is attractive to ADL is all the dosh, not short of it, but the lot. PSG will meet anything Napoli and Cavani want and get their man, no doubt about that.

PSG have to do that because their league is so shit.

Well it's simple in his eyes really, pay up the lot or off ya pop. Can't blame PSG if they get their man, it means they will have come up with what ADL wants, fair enough really. Us, City, PSG and Real all knew what was required to get Cavani, that was the clause, we haven't met it and so we don't have the player.

And where does Cavani's preference fit into all of this? ADL can hardly say "ok, these people paid the release clause, off you pop son!". No, Cavani has to agree to go there and if he does, he's an hypocritical idiot in my eyes. He's always said "leave for a bigger club". PSG are hardly bigger than Napoli, maybe in bank balance but that's it. In fact, Cavani probably has a better chance of winning the CL with Napoli.

If he goes to us or Real, yeah sure. But PSG are simply the overcompensating new boys on the block; they have next to no European credentials whatsoever. I know I'd rather go to the team that won two European trophies in two years than a mega-rich team who had to scrap to win one of the shittiest leagues in Europe....

Washed up at 27? 12 goals and 10 assists in a similar role to Juan Mata (and in fewer games)....what does that say about Mata?

Torres was washed up at 26. Rooney last season reminded me of Torres in 09/10 and we all know what happened to him that summer on.

Torres was washed up at 25. Rooney last season reminded me of Torres in 09/10 and we all know what happened to him that summer on.

Rooney doesn't look like that at all. Torres's issues arose from physical injuries which robbed him of his most potent threat - his pace.

Rooney hasn't lost anything except a bit of motivation in my opinion. Him under Mourinho is something exciting.

He will be worth every penny of the £53m, if we choose a washed up Rooney over him were idiots.

Oh lord, since when the more expensive the better? When Rooney dominated the EPL you haven't even heard of Cavani yet for god sake. Now Cavani with ridiculous overpriced release clause and gets all the media attentions he suddenly becomes the best player on the planet? Jesus Christ.

Compares to 53m Cavani, half priced Rooney is an absolute steal.

p.s. I'm not saying Cavani is no good, definitely the contrary, I would love to see him in Chelsea, just not for that ridiculous price.

Oh lord, since when the more expensive the better? When Rooney dominated the EPL you haven't even heard of Cavani yet for god sake. Now Cavani with ridiculous overpriced release clause and gets all the media attentions he suddenly becomes the best player on the planet? Jesus Christ.

Compares to 53m Cavani, half priced Rooney is an absolute steal.

Torres was dominating the premier league when Aguero was a raw teenager, reckon City fancy a swap? Infact Roy Keane was dominating the PL before we heard of Lampard, sign him up i say!!!!!

This is about who's better out of Rooney and Cavani now, not in 2008.

Rooney doesn't look like that at all. Torres's issues arose from physical injuries which robbed him of his most potent threat - his pace.

Rooney hasn't lost anything except a bit of motivation in my opinion. Him under Mourinho is something exciting.

On paper so was Kaka under Mourinho.

You say like motivation loss is easy to switch back on by a mere move, when you lose motivation for your job it's hard to just switch the light back on, even if you want too.

Torres was dominating the premier league when Aguero was a raw teenager, reckon City fancy a swap? Infact Roy Keane was dominating the PL before we heard of Lampard, sign him up i say!!!!!

This is about who's better out of Rooney and Cavani now, not in 2008.

See my post, I added a line.

Like I said, Cavani would be a great signing for us no doubt, but since Napoli requests a stupid amount of sum a half priced Rooney would a bargain.

And to say Cavani is definitely better than Rooney, especially in EPL, is naive and jump to conclusion.

See my post, I added a line.

Like I said, Cavani would be a great signing for us no doubt, but since Napoli requests a stupid amount of sum a half priced Rooney would a bargain.

And to say Cavani is definitely better than Rooney, especially in EPL, is naive and jump to conclusion.

This EPL proven thing is over-rated, we could have got Aguero in 2011 but got PL proven Torres instead :rolleyes:

This EPL proven thing is over-rated, we could have got Aguero in 2011 but got PL proven Torres instead :rolleyes:

Who talked about EPL proven thing?

It's simply wrong to compare two quality players from different leagues and to say who WILL be better to play for us. It's real life football not FM to see whose stats is better.

You are that certain to say Cavani WILL be better than Rooney to play for us? Based on what? And how do you define "better", purely on goal tally?

Who talked about EPL proven thing?

It's simply wrong to compare two quality players from different leagues and to say who WILL be better to play for us. It's real life football not FM to see whose stats is better.

You are that certain to say Cavani WILL be better than Rooney to play for us? Based on what? And how do you define "better", purely on goal tally?

You are right that this whole comparison is very subjective. However, one could point to what they do internationally.

By mere observation, Cavani seems like a far more determined player, with much higher workrate, which results in higher consistency (my biggest problem with Rooney) and his better international record. Rooney vanishes from matches, whereas Cavani performs more consistently, for club and country.

I disagree that Rooney hasn't lost pace; I think he as and it shows. He looks heavier too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You