Edinson Cavani

CFC58

sturridge had enough chance, surely he can run @ defenders with pace, but he doesnt have no where near the torres dribbling skill nordoes he gives 1 fuck about his team..self and unreliable @ best.

20 million sounds good.

Lol, when has Sturridge been given a prolonged run in the CF role? If Sturridge had the amount of games Torres or Drogba had at CF last season then you could say he's been given a chance, but he hasn't.

Lol, when has Sturridge been given a prolonged run in the CF role? If Sturridge had the amount of games Torres or Drogba had at CF last season then you could say he's been given a chance, but he hasn't.

Sturridge was given a chance at RW, he did well there and everyone was singing his praises, and i remember AVB talked about how he'd spoken to him and he has no problem playing there.

Then all of a sudden he starts playing badly and people say it's because he's playing on the wings - the same position he was very good at just a couple months ago lol.

Whatever though i can't wait to see him play as CF, he better be fucking great there to justify all the excuses - and hype - i have seen made in his defence.

Sturridge was given a chance at RW, he did well there and everyone was singing his praises, and i remember AVB talked about how he'd spoken to him and he has no problem playing there.

Then all of a sudden he starts playing badly and people say it's because he's playing on the wings - the same position he was very good at just a couple months ago lol.

Whatever though i can't wait to see him play as CF, he better be fucking great there to justify all the excuses - and hype - i have seen made in his defence.

This is because he was playing in the same position, but not the same role. AVB started the season off giving Sturridge freedom to act as an inside forward, with not a lot of defensive responsibility; it's why he scored a hatful of goals - he's a natural goalscorer. As soon as we started leaking goals AVB wanted Sturridge to help out quite a lot defensively - something not in his nature. He is a striker after all.

We saw the theme continue with RDM - it's why he didn't get picked a lot under him. RDM had to play with a defensive style as it was the best our players could manage. Playing Sturridge at the RW position would've only harmed the team more, we would've leaked so much more if he played Sturridge over Ramires for the majority of RDM's reign in the 2011/12 season. It just wouldn't have worked.

SkySports says:

Our sources in Italy say there will be some big news coming from Napoli in the next few minutes. They are expected to announce a contract extension with Edinson Cavani.

I would chose Danny over Torres any day of the week tho.

That would depend on whether Torres can keep scoring, but I do like Sturridge as a striker option. The point is that Di Matteo doesn't seem to like him and we don't want to let him leave for free.

Its not that RDM doesn't like Sturridge or anything.RDM is trying to give Torres as much as support he can so that he can be rewarded with goals.RDM could have subbed Torres in the Newcastle game but since the Spaniard had scored a great goal and contributed with the other,the manager felt that 90 minutes would show the faith he has in him.

As for yesterdays game,Torres really couldn't do anything by himself as the teams overall performance was below par.Danny will get his chances to play as a center forward because there are only 2 proven strikers in the team and we have more than 60 games(if advanced through later stages of cup competitions) this season.

Udinese gave Watford like 5 players yesterday. I wanna watch Watford more now, i'm sure all those players are Italian youngsters. See what happens when your team has a big name manager.

Good that Cavani is staying anyway at Napoli, think their fans were a bit worried not long ago.

ESPN understands Chelsea considered a move for Napoli forward Edinson Cavani but were priced out of a transfer.

Chelsea were thought to be in the market for a striker during the transfer window, and Cavani was mentioned as a potential target.

However, Napoli's asking price of around £40 million for the Uruguay international prevented a deal being struck, and ultimately he signed a new contract at Stadio San Paolo.

http://soccernet.esp...149364?&cc=4716

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He won't be more expensive...WTF.

Cavani would probably be more expensive than Falcao...cause Atletico Madrid have serious debt issues....and in Spain, unless you are Barcelona or Real Madrid, you gotta sell your best players.

• 3 weeks later...

Another very important fact is that Cavani is much better passer than Falcao and also has great vision for a striker. I could somehow compare him to Rvp from this point.

And also Falcao is much more selfish player, but sometimes that is also good thing for striker, however for harmony in team, striker should know how to pass aswell. That is another reason, why would Cavani fit so much better to us and understand with Hazard and Mata. After all, at Atletico there is falcao and the rest, at Napoli it was Cavani, Hamsik (Mata) and Lavezzi (Hazard). It would work here I think.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You