Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Despite our dominating of possession for parts of the game yesterday, in my opinion, it looks clear that we're going to remain a counter-attacking team - which fits Cavani perfectly.

I fell in love with Cavani when we beat Napoli at home last season.

His work rate, surprising pace, passion on the pitch; everything was perfect. He's a real team player, too.

I highly doubt we'll get him at this point, but I really would love him here.

Look at the awareness for the goal at around 0:25 seconds.

He and a teammate are both chasing the ball.

I have no doubt that if Cavani was Torres in that situation, he would have just continued chasing the ball, been right beside his teammate, then made an awkward pass to his teammate beside him and THEN make a run into the box while the opposition all get back into position.

I absolutely loved that piece of awareness, movement, whatever you want to call it, from Cavani -

He had big support in Hamšik and Lavezzi. The point is how will he do it now, with Lavezzi gone. I still think Falcao is even better, EL final speaks for itself. But sure Levezzi is another great striker that plays in similar system, we are having now, with 3 players behind, no wingers. Hamšik and Lavezzi are similar to possible Hazard and Hulk. But then again, Cavani and Hulk would never join us in this 8 days.

This is not FIFA. Every transfer changes people's lives. They have to move, put children in a new school and so on. It isn't as easy as you think.

Lol I think you need to take a chill pill mate. I was joking.

What a really dont understand is chelsea have bought many strikers and the most expensive ones (torres,shev) have not turned out the way we wanted up to now. I am still believe in torres but would happily take another striker.. So there is always a high risk in buying strikers especially the ones that cost lots of money. So what makes you people so sure that cavani will be a class striker for us? I have seen a couple of napoli games and i have to say that he will have to adapt to how we play and the league and i am not that sure he will.. I just think that we have 2 good strikers and I think that we can have a good season with them and I am not sure that spending over the odds for him will help us. We can surely become world class cavani i just think the italien league suits him the best. So i would rather have a RW that can play as CF!

I just don't understand how people can say this deal is 'impossible' or could 'never happen'.

Have they forgotten which club they support?

It's not that Roman couldn't buy Cavani if he wanted to, the deal just seems illogical to me. That's why I'm saying people are deluding themselves if they're hoping for Cavani to come this summer.

Nothing illogical about a big club without a great striker adding one. United have RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov (for now) and all of them would do just as well here as Torres and Sturridge have been. That's how weak we are upfront compared to other title contenders. Same thing goes for City and Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko

Nothing illogical about a big club without a great striker adding one. United have RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov (for now) and all of them would do just as well here as Torres and Sturridge have been. That's how weak we are upfront compared to other title contenders. Same thing goes for City and Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko

Again like I said, these clubs play TWO of these at the SAME time, so they can afford that luxury.

Dzeko is rumoured to be leaving, Berbatov is practically on his way out. It's important for squad balance.

We've always played with one striker, and before we had Drogba, Anelka and Kalou vying for that spot. Anelka still played with regardless in an unnatural position, so essentially the only striker on the bench was Kalou usually. Anelka didn't complain because he still played.

Like I've said, perhaps we need to fill up on that Kalou spot in the squad, but getting Cavani in for that spot is illogical to me. Someone like Moses would be more logical. I seriously can't see us having Torres or Cavani on the bench regularly. I can't see them constantly rotating either. What if either hit a rich vein of goal scoring form? Do we drop them from the team? Of course not. Waste of money to me.

Torres has enough competition in Sturridge, he knows Danny is good enough to take over if he fucks up, so he'll need to stay on his toes and perform well regularly. Signing Cavani would stunt Sturridge's potential too.

I believe the club aren't really looking into it either. Cavani is a good player but he wouldn't be a good signing for us IMO.

I don't see it, way more likely that we sign a player capable of playing in multiple positions or a back up player for squad depth.

Besides Im 100% convinced that Torres is going I improve as the team gel. Take time to understand what positions to take up based on the formation and the new players. Also going to take time for them to understand Torres movement. Finally Cech is going to need to learn that pumping the ball upfield is not exactly playing to Torres strengths, he is not Drogba.

Look at the awareness for the goal at around 0:25 seconds.

He and a teammate are both chasing the ball.

I have no doubt that if Cavani was Torres in that situation, he would have just continued chasing the ball, been right beside his teammate, then made an awkward pass to his teammate beside him and THEN make a run into the box while the opposition all get back into position.

I absolutely loved that piece of awareness, movement, whatever you want to call it, from Cavani -

That's barely awareness, just common sense. Anyone could notice someone else was going to the ball and would then do what Cavani did and left it, then run in to the box. Torres may be shit but hes not fucking retarded haha

That's barely awareness, just common sense. Anyone could notice someone else was going to the ball and would then do what Cavani did and left it, then run in to the box. Torres may be shit but hes not fucking retarded haha

Agreed, he isn't a nine year old chasing the ball!!

Also noticed that half the goals scored just so happened to have bounced into his general direction of someones arse. Obviously Torres needs to work on his bouncing of a defenders arse positioning. Something I felt would improve his game for a long time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You