Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Well...he is actually a striker worth 50mil unlike our blondie :toke:

Ok, so here's a scenario. We pay 50m and he scores 5 goals in roughly 30apps, and we have two out of form crap strikers on us

At this point there is a 50/50 chance of it happening. We must avoid marquee expensive signings at all cost. We won't even be able to break even for the ffp

Ps, he ain't worth 50m unless we are going by "Kenny Dalglish guide to buying" in which case he is roughly 180m. Even Torres in his prime wasn't worth that, and Torres was a better player

get over it !!! stop comparing him ... its a deal that is done

Stop asking people to stop saying Torres was overpaid, and that his current form isnt even worth 5m.

That deal was one of the supidiest things in football history and you cant hide such a thing.

Well...he is actually a striker worth 50mil unlike our blondie :toke:

Torres was a better player then Cavani before he joined Chelsea, i would even say the Liverpool Torres was superior to Cavani in almost every aspect.

I don't see the logic for Chelsea to pursue a player who is similar to the player that we spend 50m less then a year ago.

Torres was a better player then Cavani before he joined Chelsea, i would even say the Liverpool Torres was superior to Cavani in almost every aspect.

I don't see the logic for Chelsea to pursue a player who is similar to the player that we spend 50m less then a year ago.

I don't want to get dragged into a Torres discussion, but I highlighted a key word you said - was.

We don't need to pay monstrous wages for a mediocre player. If he starts performing in january and does well then it's fine, but if he doesn't then we will be without a striker (clearly Danny will be on the wing, and Romelu is too young) when Drogba leaves.

Enough excuses. He has been here for almost a year.

Cavani is one of the best strikers in the world and at 24 he can only get better.

But honestly, I don't think we really need him. I would stick with DD and FT and take Lukaku in slowly. Throw those 50m on Modric and a winger as those are more important.

Ok, so here's a scenario. We pay 50m and he scores 5 goals in roughly 30apps, and we have two out of form crap strikers on us

At this point there is a 50/50 chance of it happening. We must avoid marquee expensive signings at all cost. We won't even be able to break even for the ffp

Ps, he ain't worth 50m unless we are going by "Kenny Dalglish guide to buying" in which case he is roughly 180m. Even Torres in his prime wasn't worth that, and Torres was a better player

If Torres was playing at Liverpool before bought him like Cavanni is now at Napoli he would've scored more, trust me :toke:

There is no way we should pay £50million for him.

Put it this way.. Napoli found the likes of Cavani from somewhere else. They scouted him. That's what we must do, to find such players than we can see the potential of and take a risk with them, for a relatively low price.

To be honest, I think we should sign Lavezzi over Cavani. The former would probably cost £30million.

Put it this way.. Napoli found the likes of Cavani from somewhere else. They scouted him. That's what we must do, to find such players than we can see the potential of and take a risk with them, for a relatively low price.

To be honest, I think we should sign Lavezzi over Cavani. The former would probably cost £30million.

You got a great point there! If we want players that does everything for our club, we must scout unknown players and take a risk to get em' good. In the end they will do everything for us because we made everything for them. Or atleast sign players that performs well in other lower-ranking teams. Yes, Napoli could be a team that fits the lower-ranking, but signing an £50 million player from a club of thier size isn't reliable. The Didier Drogba signing is an great example of just doing that. Roman needs to end the "I want Torres to play in our team for any cost" and try to take some more risks, but at a lower price. Otherwise we won't build our own team.

I don't want to get dragged into a Torres discussion, but I highlighted a key word you said - was.

We don't need to pay monstrous wages for a mediocre player. If he starts performing in january and does well then it's fine, but if he doesn't then we will be without a striker (clearly Danny will be on the wing, and Romelu is too young) when Drogba leaves.

Enough excuses. He has been here for almost a year.

Cavani is one of the best strikers in the world and at 24 he can only get better.

But honestly, I don't think we really need him. I would stick with DD and FT and take Lukaku in slowly. Throw those 50m on Modric and a winger as those are more important.

If Torres was playing at Liverpool before bought him like Cavanni is now at Napoli he would've scored more, trust me :toke:

Torres was a better striker in his first Liverpool years than Cavani is now and was not worth 50m. That's what I'm trying to say.

Torres had a dip in form before we bought him. Or maybe it wasn't a "dip" rather. More like his form found the sharpest, tallest peak of a very tall, tall mountain and then decided to jump off and splatter into the ground some 7 km below.

We must avoid signings of 50m there is too much risk involved. What are scouts paid to do anyway? Anyone and his mother can say "yeah cavani is a great player maybe we should buy him". It's like FM all over again where you pay your scout roughly 4k a week to go to Spain, and all he comes up with is Ronaldo and Messi. :P

We have signed Romelu, but some armchair scouts...

Stop asking people to stop saying Torres was overpaid, and that his current form isnt even worth 5m.

That deal was one of the supidiest things in football history and you cant hide such a thing.

However no-one complained at the time... hindsight is a terrible thing.

However no-one complained at the time... hindsight is a terrible thing.

I did. Always said he wasnt worth that price, even If he could emulate his Liverpool form.

http://m.givemefootball.com/view.aspx?edid=163150&path=/premier-league/exclusive-chelsea-fans-want-cavani

I really didn't want Torres either. Especially for 50m. But the main reason was because of Aguero, at 22-23 years of age and everybody knew he wouldn't stay at Atletico for long.

No doubt we will probably buy Aguero in 5 years for 120m when he's off form and shite.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You