Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Ashley Cole :halo:

:rolleyes: Good point, sir. However, on his day, I've never seen any player in the world being so dominant as Drogba. Messi? Yes, he's a decent footballer, but if you cut the support from his team, there is absolutely possible to stop him. Drogba however, not so much. In form he has technical abilities beyond normal and physical abilities beyond a gorilla.

There are players in each generations you couldn't stop. Pele was arguably 20 years into the feature in terms of abilites. Maradona had the same "issue". Fat Ronaldo was immense and one of the all time greatest. And then there's Drogba. Drogba Drogba Drogba. Unplayable on his day, very playable when not motivated.

Everybody knows that Drogba never wanted to come to Chelsea and didnt hide that fact, but that doesnt mean he didnt score more goals in 18months or wasnt injured for a good 2months or so....I dont care how many goals Torres misses, but the number he score...How many has he scored in 18months compared to Drogba, out team might not be as good, but the excuse that we dont create chances is a myth that Mata alone debunk last season....

You want us to go for an A STRONG ENGLISH MAN like Mr. Carroll right?....Big strong and confident.....Cavani was played out of position and you are giving him hell, yet you are making excuses for the last 18months of Torres?

Okay. I wasn't here on the forum when Torres made his comments after the CL final, but I'm guessing that he was heavily criticized. Drogba was much worse in his comments, much worse. There was no "thank you" for us supporters who paid his wages, not anything.

You're saying that you don't care how many chances a player misses, only how much they scores? Well, I don't know what the math teachers teach youngsters nowadays, but you can't score three goals if you have two opportunites, that's beyond 100% efficiency (if you didn't know...). Even you must admit that it's easier to score 16 goals a season if you're having four clear cut chances per game and not one clear cut chance per game, right? That's what Drogba got his first 18 months here, regularly three-four clear goal scoring opportunities every single game.

As for the Beer Can that is Carroll, he's not anywhere near Lambert, and I'm sorry if you fail to see that. Silly season after silly season I'm always wondering what our scouts does in their job hours. Hulk, Cavani, Llorente, Torres, all well known stars before they became targets. And yes, I'm giving Cavani hell. He was one of the overaged players who you would expect to take responsability when it got tough, even though he played out wide. Mata played for an absolutely garbage Spainish side, and he was constantly their best performer.

If Cavani in means Sturridge out, then I'm sorry for our club. If Sturridge isn't better already then he certainly has the potential to become just that. I would be much more worried that our team struggles to keep a clean sheet against bottom league teams, and Cavani won't help with that, nor will he help with us creating more than three chances per game.

Okay. I wasn't here on the forum when Torres made his comments after the CL final, but I'm guessing that he was heavily criticized. Drogba was much worse in his comments, much worse. There was no "thank you" for us supporters who paid his wages, not anything.

You're saying that you don't care how many chances a player misses, only how much they scores? Well, I don't know what the math teachers teach youngsters nowadays, but you can't score three goals if you have two opportunites, that's beyond 100% efficiency (if you didn't know...). Even you must admit that it's easier to score 16 goals a season if you're having four clear cut chances per game and not one clear cut chance per game, right? That's what Drogba got his first 18 months here, regularly three-four clear goal scoring opportunities every single game.

As for the Beer Can that is Carroll, he's not anywhere near Lambert, and I'm sorry if you fail to see that. Silly season after silly season I'm always wondering what our scouts does in their job hours. Hulk, Cavani, Llorente, Torres, all well known stars before they became targets. And yes, I'm giving Cavani hell. He was one of the overaged players who you would expect to take responsability when it got tough, even though he played out wide. Mata played for an absolutely garbage Spainish side, and he was constantly their best performer.

If Cavani in means Sturridge out, then I'm sorry for our club. If Sturridge isn't better already then he certainly has the potential to become just that. I would be much more worried that our team struggles to keep a clean sheet against bottom league teams, and Cavani won't help with that, nor will he help with us creating more than three chances per game.

Chelsea fans punished Drogba according for his screw up, he was booed by the fans at one point...Even with all the Drogba missed chances and what not, he fought for his spot against some of the best of that time....Jimmy was pretty good back then, so also was Gudjohnsen and Crespo....What is wrong with Torres doing the same?..Well if you are judging Cavani based on the olympics, i am based on the Serie A and Champions league where he scored 30plus goals...

Why does the coming in of Cavani have to lead to the end of Sturridge?...Rather i see an under performing Torres doing that, because if the striker is performing and we are winning games there will always be opportunity for the younger ones...But when he is not scoring, then there is always maybe he will find his form in the next game or a striker need 90mins and a run of games or whatever excuses....

I have never heard of Lambert until on sunday, so i am not going to comment on that...Our scouts found "your son Bamford" and also Feruz, so they are doing something...lol

Chelsea fans punished Drogba according for his screw up, he was booed by the fans at one point...Even with all the Drogba missed chances and what not, he fought for his spot against some of the best of that time....Jimmy was pretty good back then, so also was Gudjohnsen and Crespo....What is wrong with Torres doing the same?..Well if you are judging Cavani based on the olympics, i am based on the Serie A and Champions league where he scored 30plus goals...

Why does the coming in of Cavani have to lead to the end of Sturridge?...Rather i see an under performing Torres doing that, because if the striker is performing and we are winning games there will always be opportunity for the younger ones...But when he is not scoring, then there is always maybe he will find his form in the next game or a striker need 90mins and a run of games or whatever excuses....

I have never heard of Lambert until on sunday, so i am not going to comment on that...Our scouts found "your son Bamford" and also Feruz, so they are doing something...lol

If you hadn't heard about Lambart until Sunday, then I'm sorry. He alone has shot the Saints up two divisions already, and will be a close call for the top scorer of the Premiership. Reminds me alot of King Kerry.

However, there are some serious facts you've got wrong. Firstly, Drogba was Mourinho's goldenboy, just as the stupid decision of placing Gallas (because of Carvalho) out wide (and therefor losing him later on). Gallas and Terry had a far better connection and was the best centre back pairing we've had in this club. Secondly, Jimmy had left the club when Drogba came in. Last but not least, Gudjohnsen were preferred in the midfield under Mourinho, probably because of his preferance of having Drogba up front. Drogba didn't fight for his place at our club in his first two years, he had it no matter how many people he punched, coins he tossed or dives he made.

Sturridge won't sit on the bench for another 5-6 years (the amount of years Cavani probably has in him). Two years with 30-ish games (and maybe more) behind Torres however, that's a scenario I think he would cope with.

Yes, every club picks up loads of talents every year. The problem is what you're doing with them. Right now we have two absolute gems in Feruz and Bamford. I can see Bamford lead a PL team in a couple of years, that means week in and week out. Feruz is absolutely brilliant with so much potential. We also have Piazon, a pretty talented guy coming up who's been played as a striker under RDM's reign. If we buy another big name striker now, then I think that we'll struggle to bring up those gems we already have.

Torres has underperformed, yes, but not to the degree many "supporters" are making it to be. His assist and goal tally last season proves that. His performances towards the end of the last season, Euro's and these two matches so far in the season has shown a massive improvement. He takes his chances (in the ratio you would expect a world class striker to do) and he's making his runs. Hell, even Lawrenson, a filthy little scouser, pointed that out in MOTD.

Oh man would have to pinch myself if this was truex I do think we need two gun strikers, all good epl teams have them Rooney,rvp,welbeck,chicarito, city tevez,balotwlli,dzeko and aguero, we just can't risk going into a season with so many games and expect no injuries

Rather be save than sorry

He is probably the only player we've ever had who's been the best player in the world (in his position),

Ash probably the best LB for a long time now.

Essien was considered best defensive mid in the world for some time.

Lampard was kind a "voted" the best midfielder in 2005 when finished 2nd in ballon d'or, and was at least in the top 3 in a couple of more seasons imo.

Terry and Carvalho, i think there were times that you couldnt say there is a CB who is definitely better than them.

And Maka off course...

Cech was considered as one of best gk around, Ballack was fantastic too, so was Deco and ferreira and...in 2009/10, our squad and style was world class, personaly I wouldnt trade that season and players with either RM, Barca or anyone else. We won against others in big four, making wins 6:0 with ease and had attractive style.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You