Edinson Cavani

CFC58

so u just made our whole team a pack of bad-asses because zlatan came in and had a blow-off. well that seems very highly likely and very tough to argue against. in fact anything with so many "what ifs" and "what then" is hard to argue..... that is a scary thought, but i would still say, he would be a good option for a year or 2 specially if we dont get cavani/rooney. because starting the season with torres/ba as our main strikers is inviting trouble.

Sorry, that doesn't even start to make sense. Please, look at the original post. Maybe you mistranslated. Yes.

I don't realy think that's a problem.Lukaku is not a world class player right now but he can develop into one.What about the other guys who wheren't world class and didn't had EPL experience?When Oscar,Mata,Hazard,Azpi,Ramires came they weren't world class players (and don't tell me that Hazard was because of a good season with Lille) but they all settled in well and proved their worth.Why something like that can't happen with the kraken?

I found out why I didn't have problem putting faith in Hazard Oscar or Mata but have problems with Lukaku. Problem is, I can't really put it into words..

Its just that Lukaku is a STRIKER and I kinda expect more from him I guess. Like if Oscar plays pretty well, give some assists and score here and there then its great. But, if Lukaku doesn't score a lot or miss I'll find it hard... Its like when a midfielder has an OK game its usually fine, we'll let it slip.. but when its a striker he has to score, I mean he's our man upfront.

Hope you understand... I know how I feel about it but can't really bring sense to it.

Sorry, that doesn't even start to make sense. Please, look at the original post. Maybe you mistranslated. Yes.

i get what u r saying about all the squad - psychology and harmony and how zlatan can have an important role to play in messing up the psych of youth, but we also have to understand that despite mou saying about staying here for a "long time" , nothing is still assured. what if we start with torres/ba and and the season trophyless and then mou is fired, that would probably be the single worst thing that could happen ti all our investment in youth because their will be no one to use that talent.

again zlatan is a back option in case we dont get cavani/rooney. i for one cant see any other world-class striker coming to chelsea in this transfer window,i.e., if u still consider higuain and villa as world-class.

Lukaku is a great young forward with a huge future, but isn't ready to be number 1 forward at a club looking to win the title.

Some think he will hand in a transfer request if we ring in Cavani :lol:

i get what u r saying about all the squad - psychology and harmony and how zlatan can have an important role to play in messing up the psych of youth, but we also have to understand that despite mou saying about staying here for a "long time" , nothing is still assured. what if we start with torres/ba and and the season trophyless and then mou is fired, that would probably be the single worst thing that could happen ti all our investment in youth because their will be no one to use that talent.

again zlatan is a back option in case we dont get cavani/rooney. i for one cant see any other world-class striker coming to chelsea in this transfer window,i.e., if u still consider higuain and villa as world-class.

Yes , you are right. And I do get that.

But fear would be a bad advisor in this, I think mate. Lets not get into a situation where an individual gets more than our whole.

I found out why I didn't have problem putting faith in Hazard Oscar or Mata but have problems with Lukaku. Problem is, I can't really put it into words..

Its just that Lukaku is a STRIKER and I kinda expect more from him I guess. Like if Oscar plays pretty well, give some assists and score here and there then its great. But, if Lukaku doesn't score a lot or miss I'll find it hard... Its like when a midfielder has an OK game its usually fine, we'll let it slip.. but when its a striker he has to score, I mean he's our man upfront.

Hope you understand... I know how I feel about it but can't really bring sense to it.

You voiced a common bias. It is why strikers are mostly slated. Don't do it!

Actually I do understand because I have the exact same feeling but I put my faith on Romelu because he proved last year that he is not goal shy and he always tries his best when on the pitch.

The problem we had with Torres was that he was missing from most part of the game and when he had his chances he missed them.I can't really see that as a problem with Lukaku because his movement is great and he is a great presence on the pitch.

On the chances now that he will get,that's another story.I know that he has to work on his finishing but at least he tries a lot when he has the ball.I remember games that Torres didn't even had made a shot. :wank2:

All this talking about a world class striker is because we want our striker to be a game changer when we need him.OK Lukaku is not for now but I really believe that he has what it takes

Yes , you are right. And I do get that.

But fear would be a bad advisor in this, I think mate. Lets not get into a situation where an individual gets more than our whole.

believe me i am not. if it comes down to it , it would be a very hard decision to make. but losing jose in 2 years would probably be the worst thing to happen to CFC than anything in my opinion. so zlatan just edges it for me.

We sent out Lukaku on loan to prove himself.

He did that. Murdered top 6 teams, scored hattricks against united and so much more in a mid table team.

He also became a good finisher, taking chance after chance.

Now you dont want to give him a chance ?

So what if we dont win the premier league this season. Y2K aint gonna happen if we come second.

Ambition is one thing, but doing it at the cost of having no identity is not worth it.

We can buy success no doubt, but do we have to?

He did that. Murdered top 6 teams, scored hattricks against united and so much more in a mid table team.

So what if we dont win the premier league this season. Y2K aint gonna happen if we come second.

Ambition is one thing, but doing it at the cost of having no identity is not worth it.

he proved himself in the best possible way. but to give him the role of the no.1 striker for chelsea would be suicidal. to throw him into the deep against the big teams in title deciding matches and big matches would not be advisable. i wont blame him if he chokes. no one here is saying that he should be loaned out or relegated to even the 3rd striker role, but directly making him no.1 is far worse and that is the reason our board desperately wants a WC striker.

he proved himself in the best possible way. but to give him the role of the no.1 striker for chelsea would be suicidal. to throw him into the deep against the big teams in title deciding matches and big matches would not be advisable. i wont blame him if he chokes. no one here is saying that he should be loaned out or relegated to even the 3rd striker role, but directly making him no.1 is far worse and that is the reason our board desperately wants a WC striker.

Come on! We have been playing Torres as our No. 1. Lukaku is 5 times the player he is. He was leading the charge to get West brom European football and doing it with style.

He has already terrorised top 6 teams and i cant see him choking playing with Hazard Mata Oscar etc with him.

I personally only see it ending well, but if you think its a risk, then lets take it!

It all depends what formation Jose plays,,,, a 442 will suit Lukaku perfectly and 433 as well. 4231 I hope we dont play at all ever again.

Ot being suicidal is a very relative thing. How suicidal were we with Torres?

Lukaku will perform. Subtop at first. But very, very ok . And lay so much for the future.

Well. . Its a vision 'choice'. Im sure Mou has one .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Come on! We have been playing Torres as our No. 1. Lukaku is 5 times the player he is. He was leading the charge to get West brom European football and doing it with style.

He has already terrorised top 6 teams and i cant see him choking playing with Hazard Mata Oscar etc with him.

I personally only see it ending well, but if you think its a risk, then lets take it!

It all depends what formation Jose plays,,,, a 442 will suit Lukaku perfectly and 433 as well. 4231 I hope we dont play at all ever again.

its a big risk!!!! you will probably be creating a monster or he ll become some1 like walcott, all potential but no execution due to poor use.

on the other hand, the best manager in the world can use lukaku the way he should be used at the moment and we will have our world class player in a season or 2.

really don't understand how ppl can compare a player who's reaching his absolutely best, Cavani (or Lewa) with others who are either reaching the twilight of their careers(ibra) or have shown early signs of being past their peek (Rooney).

Cavani is 26, Lewa is 24...

Get Damiao then, for about 20m euros... hes injured, depressed, perfect of the picking.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You