Edinson Cavani

CFC58

nothing on SSN

There is.

Leave them to it I say, love Cavani but this is astronomical money. Lukaku back, Torres here, sell Ba and buy Rooney. Rooney can play up top or drop into midfield, we get the best of both worlds and versatility is a huge thing.

Good luck to him in Paris if he goes, we will move on.

Leave them to it I say, love Cavani but this is astronomical money. Lukaku back, Torres here, sell Ba and buy Rooney. Rooney can play up top or drop into midfield, we get the best of both worlds and versatility is a huge thing.

No, just no!

I didn't think Cavani had third party ownership. I think Napoli is just keeping the price high because they know they can in today's football wage climate. It's a win win for the club. They figure either Chelsea, City, PSG, or Real will eventually crack and pay the required buyout clause. If not they keep him. I don't know that i'd be happy with Gomez or Soldado. Not that I think they are bad by any means, but they would be obvious last choice picks the same as Ba was. Whilst they could realistically do better than Ba, I think it will just send the wrong message about the club. Regardless of winning back to back European trophies I think many of our supporters and organization need to accept that fact that we have become a bit of a joke with all the insanity and instability in the past few years. I myself don't always mind being hated, it only makes the victories more sweet. But at the same time I think Roman realized we needed a morale boost. BIG TIME. And to send a message that the games are over and we are a serious club and a serious threat in any tournament or league we enter. Bringing back Mourinho was step one, I think the purchase of a world class striker to lead our attack will only reassure the supporters even more. Roman is a Chelsea fan and he'll want to see us win and be taken more seriously.

Plenty of written here, but basically we all read it before. Just one thing, I am not sure of. How does one know, whether Cavani has no hidden clauses in his contract ?

As for Roman, he has no trouble paying for Cavani. I believe, FFP is playing a big role here. Therefore, even pay installments were mentioned in this deal.

Thanks for the debate, it was average while it lasted. :rant:

LOL, it is actually because I am in class and I cant keep my head down - staring at the phone - for 10-15 min to write the text I want to! :P

However, it is basically because you want to keep Torres and buy Rooney.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You