Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Even Torres could be flop and Danny and Lukaku are not yet top players, we need to be patient with them. Buying Cavani will bench either Torre or Cavani. Stupid to keeping Torres on bench, while he could be sold or buying Cavani if he will be bench player. And last We can forget about Danny and Lukaku if Cavani comes. They wouldnt play now and they would never be starters considering Cavani is only 23 and already top player.

The only thing would be then to sell Torres and buy Cavani, but Gourlay said already Torres will start matches.

As much I would like to see Cavani here, I dont want him realy because Danny and Lukaku are strikers we have and we need to trust in them.

Getting Cavani is like saying goodbye to Lukaku and Danny.

First of all, i'll say that if we arent going to sign Hulk, this player is the next in line for me as an attacing option. He is a striker which we dont realy need for the starting line up if we play the expected 4-2-3-1, but just think of the options we'll have with him and with Oscar:

Hazard/Oscar-----------Mata/Marin

-------------Torres---Cavani-----------

It can be just deadly. Please Roman!

BlueLyon,

Lukaku should go on loan, and Sturridge will be 3rd choise when you already have the first 2 in the starting line up. Not sure if he'll like it, but you cant think about does thing ALL the time.

First of all, i'll say that if we arent going to sign Hulk, this player is the next in line for me as an attacing option. He is a striker which we dont realy need for the starting line up if we play the expected 4-2-3-1, but just think of the options we'll have with him and with Oscar:

Hazard/Oscar-----------Mata/Marin

-------------Torres---Cavani-----------

It can be just deadly. Please Roman!

BlueLyon,

Lukaku should go on loan, and Sturridge will be 3rd choise when you already have the first 2 in the starting line up. Not sure if he'll like it, but you cant think about does thing ALL the time.

First playing with two strikers takes one midfielder of. That means at same time Oscar, Hazard and Mata wont play.

Second, next season Cavani will be starter, Torres will be replaced by Danny and Lukaku will return. How will he ever get starting position then? Having him on bench wont make him any better either.

third, he is nearly 40mio and 150,000 p/week wages. Plus I dont want we ever spend so much for striker unless he is Falcao.

I take Hulk or Bale anytime for that money.

First playing with two strikers takes one midfielder of. That means at same time Oscar, Hazard and Mata wont play.

Second, next season Cavani will be starter, Torres will be replaced by Danny and Lukaku will return. How will he ever get starting position then? Having him on bench wont make him any better either.

third, he is nearly 40mio and 150,000 p/week wages. Plus I dont want we ever spend so much for striker unless he is Falcao.

I take Hulk or Bale anytime for that money.

Cavani and Falcao are on the same level. At least thats what most people think. So what if Oscar, Mata and Hazard wont play together regulary? whats your point?

I'll take Hulk over anyone, but if it wont happen, i think Cavani will be amazing signing. Bale? god no... imo.

If Torres is not scoring by December, we will end up paying over 60 mill to get Cavani.

So either way we still take a risk by playing with Torres as our main striker.

Is it really that big a risk?

He's shown what he can do in the Euros, if he gets the service...

Even if he doesn't score, as long as he assists other players.

However, I expect Mata to be busting a gut to play Torres in this year, especially after Torres put it on a plate for him in the Euro Final...

Torres 20 goals and 10 assists next year is my prediction and that'll do nicely ;)

Anyone who does not want Cavani at Chelsea must be on drugs, i will pay for his flight here.

He is 26 so he will give us his peak years, the best forward in world football and has a decent defensive side to his game, the massive void left by Didier will go along way to being filled by Edison's arrival.

Relying on Torres and Danny is too risky, The jury is still out on Torres yes there is hope he can return to his best but there was last year and Danny is a talent but has little big game experience so relying on those 2 is risky and Lukaku is no where near ready.

If its true that we can get him for £35m and 150k a week then as far as im concerned, bargain and by the time he has left (like with Drogba although not to the same extreme) it will look like peanuts.

Anyone who does not want Cavani at Chelsea must be on drugs, i will pay for his flight here.

He is 26 so he will give us his peak years, the best forward in world football and has a decent defensive side to his game, the massive void left by Didier will go along way to being filled by Edison's arrival.

Relying on Torres and Danny is too risky, The jury is still out on Torres yes there is hope he can return to his best but there was last year and Danny is a talent but has little big game experience so relying on those 2 is risky and Lukaku is no where near ready.

If its true that we can get him for £35m and 150k a week then as far as im concerned, bargain and by the time he has left (like with Drogba although not to the same extreme) it will look like peanuts.

Hmmm still convinced a Striker is only as good as the midfield behind him...

The problem is we had no idea how to play to Sheva or Torres strengths.

Granted with the new signings this will improve, but you cannot simply just add a striker and expects goals - especially if Chelsea! Newcastle and Cisse managed it, not the norm :)

Even Droggy took a bit of time to settle in :)

The service excuse is a year too old, when you look at the top of this chart.

425408_343312739078929_663085382_n.jpg

Jesus - stats boys!

Next you will be telling me possession wins games :) :) :)

If you don't get the service you stop making runs and then drop deeper trying to get the ball - you can have all the stats in the world, but last season Torres got frustrated and then lost his confidence.

Night and day difference to the guy in the Spain squad, who got into the box and wanted the ball...

Stats are what keep commentators employed - don't believe them!

Hasn't Moneyball taught you anything -lol :) :) :)

Cavani and Falcao are on the same level. At least thats what most people think. So what if Oscar, Mata and Hazard wont play together regulary? whats your point?

I'll take Hulk over anyone, but if it wont happen, i think Cavani will be amazing signing. Bale? god no... imo.

They (Hazard, Mata, Oscar) will eventualy become world class and they wont sit on bench. That is why they must play together. With Cavani, we get this then;

Iva-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Hazard-Mikel-Oscar-Mata

Torres-Cavani

Looks class, but Hazard play on wrong wing, Mata not in Cam, Oscar too deep, Cavani and Torres are used to be lone strikers with good support. If Cavani comes, Torres will be on bench. And speaking of world class, RW is still necessary. We should buy striker once we find proper Rb and Rw.

And what is wrong with bale? 10 goals, 14 assists, decent in defence, fast and good crosser. But over expensive.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You