Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Sturridge is not good enough to compete against Torres?

He was our joint top scorer in the league btw.

He is good but we comparing him in a season where Frank didnt have is usual 20goals plus and Drogba didn't seem like he gave a shit about the smaller teams...I also do not believe Robbie actually sees him as a genuine competition for Torres, and also remember there is a huge price tagged attached to Nando that is not on Danny, there is also the case of he is young and inexperienced....That been said, having him as a 3rd choice CF with Lukaku going on loan would be ideal in my opinion, and if Nando continues the horror show the manager will have more confidence to use him as second choice when there is a good first choice striker that can score....So getting a proven goal scoring threat should be on the shopping list; Cavani or Falcao are on the top of my wishlist...

Yeah lets spend a whopping 35 million on him.

Does anyone here think?, we cannot get a forward. We have Sturridge and Torres, Torres gets on my tits but i still haven't seen him week in week out with creativity eversince his arrival to Chelsea. When he did get creativity he scored, and when he missed chances he got that pass out of nowhere because our team was shite most of the game.

I'm not saying he isn't a cabbage, but we still need to test him in a new team, getting Cavani, fucking up the rest of our transfer money (FFP). Having our wingless team. Get Hulk, world class winger with flair. Marin has to be rotation, if he turns out good then that's great, then we can start him a lot. Hazard said wants to play behind the forward, Mata will probably be pushed left wing again, or if not Hazard still wont play wide completely.

We need that wide player, and just having Marin there is not good enough, who can we have on the bench if that's the case?, i really want to let go of Malouda also, he's a bad bad bad backup. And getting Hulk will definitley mean we will be getting rid of him. But no you people want to get Cavani even though we have two strikers in our team, untested forwards, and a team what still needs that width and a quality winger.

.And big name striker have work well competing for their places else where Real (Benzema and Higuain), Man City(theirs is ridiculous though)

Man City and Real Madrid situation is not ordinary with the rich of strikers they have, btw there are rumors of Higuain possibly leaving.

City have Tevez, Aguero, Balo, Dzeko, and Ade( loan). Oh and they have John Guidetti who was superb for Feyenoord on loan. Using City as a benchmark is bad example, better example would be United, Arsenal, Inter, Barcelona, Milan, etc.

Having two world class expensive strikers is unfeasible, if Cavani or Falcao comes Torres should be sold.

He is good but we comparing him in a season where Frank didnt have is usual 20goals plus and Drogba didn't seem like he gave a shit about the smaller teams

Lampard only scored 3 times more then 12 goals in the league. But you could imagine he would have scored more in a more balanced teams like in the past, and played his preferred position(CF). It becomes what if scenerios, but what is a fact is his goal record and his impact in his first half of the season.

It is not like Drogba didn't care against smaller teams, it is more due to his age and it is increasingly harder to be consistent at age 34. Same with Lampard, people accused of him not caring at times under AVB. Which is hard to believe knowing the professional Lampard is.

Guessing by your username you are a Kobe Bryant fan, look at him in the past two seasons who inconsistent he has been. He is not the same player on a regular basis he used to be. Age does that to you.

But i digress, so back on topic(somewhat)

I also do not believe Robbie actually sees him as a genuine competition for Torres

Gourlay said Sturridge will see more time as a ST, so it is positive news for him. I think over the season RDM will play the best player, if Sturridge proves that then he will play. RDM job is to play the better player and win, if he doesn't he will regret it and lose his job.

Sturridge is on his last year of his contract, i am sure the club wants to test him as a CF and know his quality.

I don't know what will happen, i would like to go into next season with Torres and Sturridge as our main strikers, i think it would be the best to test the players we have before spending big in the market. Also having Hulk as an emergency striker.

If worst happens, January is not that far away. We can manage until then, Hulk and Hazard have goals in them too.

Knowing our history of buying strikers it wouldn't surprise me if we buy Cavani or Falcao this summer. I just hope if that happens Torres is sold.

Man City and Real Madrid situation is not ordinary with the rich of strikers they have, btw there are rumors of Higuain possibly leaving.

City have Tevez, Aguero, Balo, Dzeko, and Ade( loan). Oh and they have John Guidetti who was superb for Feyenoord on loan. Using City as a benchmark is bad example, better example would be United, Arsenal, Inter, Barcelona, Milan, etc.

Having two world class strikers is unfeasible, if Cavani or Falcao comes Torres should be sold.

I said City's case ridiculous earlier...lol....When Arsenal were winning trophies they had Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry and Kanu who were all top strikers back then, Inter's Mourhino UCL winning team had Eto and Milito, Barca has Messi/Villa, when MIlan dominated Europe they had Inzaghi and the real Shevchencko....

Lampard only scored 3 times more then 12 goals in the league. But you could imagine he would have scored more in a more balanced teams like in the past, and played his preferred position(CF). It becomes what if scenerios, but what is a fact is his goal record and his impact in his first half of the season.

It is not like Drogba didn't care against smaller teams, it is more due to his age and it is increasingly harder to be consistent at age 34. Same with Lampard, people accused of him not caring at times under AVB. Which is hard to believe knowing the professional Lampard is.

Guessing by your username you are a Kobe Bryant fan, look at him in the past two seasons who inconsistent he has been. He is not the same player on a regular basis he used to be. Age does that to you.

But i digress, so back on topic(somewhat)

Gourlay said Sturridge will see more time as a ST, so it is positive news for him. I think over the season RDM will play the best player, if Sturridge proves that then he will play. RDM job is to play the better player and win, if he doesn't he will regret it and lose his job.

Sturridge is on his last year of his contract, i am sure the club wants to test him as a CF and know his quality.

I don't know what will happen, i would like to go into next season with Torres and Sturridge as our main strikers, i think it would be the best to test the players we have before spending big in the market. Also having Hulk as an emergency striker.

If worst happens, January is not that far away. We can manage until then, Hulk and Hazard have goals in them too.

Knowing our history of buying strikers it wouldn't surprise me if we buy Cavani or Falcao this summer. I just hope if that happens Torres is sold.

I understand that age part (on Kobe he has been more than frustrating to watch alot of times :mouthclosed:, age has really done a number on him ), with Drogba and Lampard which is why we need a some that can score a lot of goals to take the work load off Frank and also do what neither of our striker last season could do (score goals) and not continue hoping and praying Torres comes good...I really hope that last part is true, i think Torres should stay until Jan to see if he comes good or not, but that doesnt mean either Cavani or Falcao should not be bought...We should also make playing people in their most effective role top priority, mean if we get Hulk/RW, Mata/Hazard(switch all day between the middle and left wing)...

I was expecting to see a rush of Torres-has-bad-game-let's-get-Cavani posts but this is actually quite civil.

Did you see Torres yesterday ! BUY CAVANI NOW loooool ... meh

Let's get real, we are 99% not selling Torres or buying another striker. Luckily we have Danny as plan B, and even more importantly we have never in the last 10 years relied solely on our striker for goals. Though I expect us Roman to panic in Jan and splash 50mil for Cavani.

If we're talking Napoli players, Lavezzi isn't a bad though. Although he would probably not sign for us, he would be a great addition.

Lavezzi is going to PSG, nearly confirmed already.

edit: My god was I slow. :blush:

I personally believe that, IF we keep Torres (which we are it would seem), Sturridge + Lukaku are fine.

If we buy Cavani, all I'll hear on here is -

"Y LUKAKU NO GIVEN CHANCE!? :(".

Also, people don't seem to realise that this was Sturridge's 1st season of regular senior football of his career - and even then, he was dropped for most of the tail end of the season when Di 'sexy' Matteo came in.

If given another full season as a rotation option as a STRIKER and not an inside forward on the right, I'm sure that the following season everyone will want Sturridge to be the main man.

"Y LUKAKU NO GIVEN CHANCE!? :(".

Personally, I don't think he is ready to step up and be the man up front for us.

So if people are going to come back with that, I would gladly step up and ask exactly why they think he is the right man for the job as appose to signing an established striker.

I mean, people can sit here and say "We need to give the youngsters are go because they are the future of the club", this and that...HOWEVER

Why would we throw Lukaku in the deep end, which is what I think it would be for him, just like that after the season we just had? We really don't even need to play him at all!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You