Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Cavani also manages to score virtually alone against all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CN0v7vLxHc

With he, counterattack is deadly.. but I do not think he goes away this year , very very difficult, because it's already gone Lavezzi. Also likely to renew until 2017 with increment of money

Cavani cannot be added to our ranks. It's either one or the other, Cavani or Torres. Torres cannot co-exist with another big name striker. That's why Cavani won't play wide or nonsense like that. If he is brought in, it's as Torres's replacement which won't happen as they just told the man himself that he will be the main CF.

Which one sounds better?

---------------Torres-----------

--Hazard----Mata-----Hulk--

Or

--------------Cavani-----------

--Hazard----Mata-----Marin--

Cavani obviously. It's possible Torres regains his old form, but it's possible he doesn't and Cavani is right now one of the best strikers in the world. Last two seasons: Torres: 93 games: 21 goals. Cavani 94 games, 66 goals. And this is not some tiny sample size in some second-rate league. This is Seria a. He also scored 12 goals in 18 European games including against us. And with Cavani, it's not just scoring in one-sided games against poor sides, he scored a hat-trick to beat Milan. he scored both goals to beat man City 2-1. He scored 2 goals to come from 2 down to tie Udinese 2-2. He scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Inter to knock them out of the Coppa Italia. He scored the winner against Juventus to win the Coppa Italia. To me, he is everything you would want in a striker. He scores regularly, he scores big goals, he can create his own chances, he has a great work rate, great in the air, he's an excellent defensive player, etc.... I don't think anyone in the world would take Torres over him right now. Of course, Cavani would probably cost 50M or so which is a whole different argument.

Full agree, he is only 25 as well and has many years ahead of him to be a hit. Cavani has scored goals in every angle and there is nothing about him I would criticize him. Scores against big teams, big games, brilliant work rate and most importantly gets goals. What happens next season if Torres is going on a goalscoring drought "again"? We want to reach the top again and this is a signing that should be snapped up, if we got the chance, considering he is apparently cheaper than Falcao as well

Cavani obviously. It's possible Torres regains his old form, but it's possible he doesn't and Cavani is right now one of the best strikers in the world. Last two seasons: Torres: 93 games: 21 goals. Cavani 94 games, 66 goals. And this is not some tiny sample size in some second-rate league. This is Seria a. He also scored 12 goals in 18 European games including against us. And with Cavani, it's not just scoring in one-sided games against poor sides, he scored a hat-trick to beat Milan. he scored both goals to beat man City 2-1. He scored 2 goals to come from 2 down to tie Udinese 2-2. He scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Inter to knock them out of the Coppa Italia. He scored the winner against Juventus to win the Coppa Italia. To me, he is everything you would want in a striker. He scores regularly, he scores big goals, he can create his own chances, he has a great work rate, great in the air, he's an excellent defensive player, etc.... I don't think anyone in the world would take Torres over him right now. Of course, Cavani would probably cost 50M or so which is a whole different argument.

Quite frustrating when I see people pointing out goal stats/games etc. as lets just all agree that Napoli are considerably better at creating chances for their strikers, where as we are not, our strikers a lot of the time have to fashion chances for themselves, which is why we are investing in the creative type of player now instead of the bulldoze method we've previously used.

I'd love to see Cavani on the scraps that Torres has been working on pop in with 66 goals in 94 games, it simply wouldn't happen.

If Torres were missing 1 on 1 chances on a consistent basis after we've made the chance by a through ball or something, again on a consistent basis then fine however its just not the case.

Torres showed at the last third of the season that the work rate has now been added to his game, chasing CBs, coming back into midfield to win a ball for the team, he had a crazy amount of assists for the season as well let alone when he started to play well.

I'm very confident that next season with Sturridge as CF back up Torres will come good.

Quite frustrating when I see people pointing out goal stats/games etc. as lets just all agree that Napoli are considerably better at creating chances for their strikers, where as we are not, our strikers a lot of the time have to fashion chances for themselves, which is why we are investing in the creative type of player now instead of the bulldoze method we've previously used.

I'd love to see Cavani on the scraps that Torres has been working on pop in with 66 goals in 94 games, it simply wouldn't happen.

He wouldn't score 66 goals goals in 94 games with this Chelsea team, but he'd have done a hell of a lot better than Torres did. Torres basically contributed nothing in the last year and a half. 12 goals and 9 of them were against crap teams in games that weren't close. It drives me crazy the number of excuses people make for Torres. One of the reason Torres didn't get more opportunities (and he got enough where he should have scored significantly more than he did) is that his positioning was poor. He has this natural inclination to go out wide. He tries to use his speed to get around defenders and that just hasn't worked against decent defences so instead he just carries out wide and tries to cross. Yes, that led to some very nice crosses into the box, but he's a striker, he should be in front of the net. The other thing is that Torres' first touch has lacked any confidence in front of net. Instead of getting the ball on his foot and blasting it in, how many times did Torres try to make one move then a second and then end up either making a mess of it or getting the shot blocked.

A striker finds ways to score.You think Norwich is a hub of creativity? Holt scores 17 goals. Stoke City almost play rugby instead of football and Crouch had 14 goals. Here are the regular strikers (playing regularly) who had better scoring rates in the Premiership: RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Adabayor, Aiyegbeni, Ba, Holt, Dzek, Balotelli, Cisse, Fletcher, Graham, Defoe, Suarez, Crouch, Odemwingie, Drogba, Morison, Jelavic, Welbeck, Bendtner, Shane Long, Bent, Jamie Mackie, Klasnic, Kevin Davies

The regular strikers with worse scoring rates: Doyle, Carroll,,Walters, Di Santo, Agbanlahor, and N'Gog, .

You have to have a lot of gall to claim that that's all because Chelsea isn't creative enough. I'm absolutely sick of people blaming Torres' awfulness on other players, on hurt feelings, on poor service, on a system he doesn't get, on his hair band, on anything other than Torres being in poor form. I'm also sick of the "Torres showed that he's back" stuff. Why? In Torres, last 12 Premiership games, he scored in 2 of them, in games against QPR and Villa where we outscored those teams 10-3. In that time, he started against Liverpool Newcastle, Man City, Fulham, and Arsenal-all key games in Chelsea's hope to make the top-4 and didn't get a single goal or even an assist. Yes, maybe he'll go back to Liverpool form, but to deny that Torres has been terrible is just a flat out lie.

What if Torres comes good?

It's a big if though. Even if he gets 20 chances, there's a good chance he will fuck up at least 10 of those.

His finishing has just been really pathetic in the last couple seasons.

It would be great imo if we can get Cavani for around 35m.

What if Torres comes good?

What is wrong in some competition if he does come good...Drogba fought for his place constantly against the some of the best strikers of our time (Shevchenko, Kezman, Crespo, Torres) and eat them up, why does Torres have to be any different?...Drogba was bought for a lot of money too, if he comes good then it would be interesting watching him and someone like Cavani fighting for starting spot and banging in goals everywhere...If he continues like he has done the past 18months then we no we are not gonna be left hanging, remember there is no more Didier Drogba to save us...

What is wrong in some competition if he does come good...Drogba fought for his place constantly against the some of the best strikers of our time (Shevchenko, Kezman, Crespo, Torres) and eat them up, why does Torres have to be any different?...Drogba was bought for a lot of money too, if he comes good then it would be interesting watching him and someone like Cavani fighting for starting spot and banging in goals everywhere...If he continues like he has done the past 18months then we no we are not gonna be left hanging, remember there is no more Didier Drogba to save us...

But haven't we learnt from the whole Shevchenko and Torres thing? Having two big name, world class strikers hardly ever works out. Drogba was just something different. He could handle the pressure of the competition but Drogba was one of a kind. We can't expect our strikers to be like him. The bottom line is though, that Torres will be the one we're sticking with for this upcoming season. I think he will come good with the team full of creativity and it truly built around him. A new striker (if needed) will be bought next summer. Torres is getting a FULL season to prove himself with no excuses.

But haven't we learnt from the whole Shevchenko and Torres thing? Having two big name, world class strikers hardly ever works out. Drogba was just something different. He could handle the pressure of the competition but Drogba was one of a kind. We can't expect our strikers to be like him. The bottom line is though, that Torres will be the one we're sticking with for this upcoming season. I think he will come good with the team full of creativity and it truly built around him. A new striker (if needed) will be bought next summer. Torres is getting a FULL season to prove himself with no excuses.

Football is a sport and everybody should always be ready to compete for their places and be ready to challenge the best in the world for their spot on the field, no exceptions....I am not expecting everyone to be like Drogba but if he wants to be first choice striker he should be ready to compete with the best for his spot, he came to a big club to come win trophies and fighting for your spot with big names is one of them...The whole Torres and Shevy thing didnt work out because there was a winner in those battles (Drogba), why should Nando be scared of battles....And big name striker have work well competing for their places else where Real (Benzema and Higuain), Man City(theirs is ridiculous though), a full season a just Torres is a huge risk that i would not want the club to take in my opinion, if he comes good it will be fantastic for us and if he doesnt we need someone that can win us games...

Football is a sport and everybody should always be ready to compete for their places and be ready to challenge the best in the world for their spot on the field, no exceptions....I am not expecting everyone to be like Drogba but that if he wants to be first choice striker he should be ready to compete with the best for his spot, he came to a big club to come win trophies and fighting for your spot with big names is one of them...The whole Torres and Shevy thing didnt work out because there was a winner in those battles (Drogba), why should Nando be scared of battles....And big name striker have work well competing for their places else where Real (Benzema and Higuain), Man City(theirs is ridiculous though), a full season a just Torres is a huge risk that i would not want the club to take in my opinion, if he comes good it will be fantastic for us and if he doesnt we need someone that can win us games...

Sturridge is not good enough to compete against Torres?

He was our joint top scorer in the league btw.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You