Edinson Cavani

CFC58

He can and has played wide, but I wouldn't trust him on the wings. He is very much a CF and if we wish to elaborate further he would be best described as a Target Man.

So that just about rules out a move for him, then with Nando still here, right?

A player this expensive wouldn't come here to share playing time.

Jesus titty fucking Christ since when was Chelsea every man's dream team?

What more can you want?

Euro champs

Nice pay packet

Youth prodigy

Eva

If we are getting a frontman, would rather falcao, ready made partnership with hulk.

Cavani is the perfect striker, will be cheaper than Falcao and has a proven record and has already scored 2 goals against us this season. Juventus seem to be in pole position for his signature but we were linked with him although those rumours have calmed down recently. He is much better than Torres IMO though, and would be a brilliant investment for us

As an avid watcher of Serie A, me and many others have noted that Cavani only ever works well when his team counter-attacks (same goes for when he's in the national team.)

We're evolving from a counter-attacking team into an attacking team. He really is just like Drogba, only with a higher work-rate.

He would have been perfect 5 years ago. Not now.

Another striker? If the team has made the choice to put their trust in Fernando then I am completely against us getting another striker. We do have danny as a back up plan.

After Torres, I don't think there is any other striker we got. The season is long, and we cannot just rely on one top striker who can also get injured.

Villa at Barcelona, anyone???

Sturridge is selfish and if we get Cavani he can easily be sold....or continue his role in the RW!

After Torres, I don't think there is any other striker we got. The season is long, and we cannot just rely on one top striker who can also get injured.

Villa at Barcelona, anyone???

Sturridge is selfish and if we get Cavani he can easily be sold....or continue his role in the RW!

Sturidge will not play on the wings this season, I'm sure of it. Yes he is frustrating at times, but all STRIKERS are selfish. He is the first youngster to force himself into the starting 11, that says something. I think he has earned his shot at CF more than Torres has. Both of them can fill the lone striker role this season and Hulk can fill in in case both are unavailable.

Sturidge will not play on the wings this season, I'm sure of it. Yes he is frustrating at times, but all STRIKERS are selfish. He is the first youngster to force himself into the starting 11, that says something. I think he has earned his shot at CF more than Torres has. Both of them can fill the lone striker role this season and Hulk can fill in in case both are unavailable.

We had Drogba, Anelka, and Kalou who could play as a striker or winger.

Need at least 3 strikers. One pure striker which was Drogba, one back up striker that can link up well with the main striker and sometimes play on the wing, and one who can do everything like Kalou.

All 3 are out, in Torres and Sturridge. We are short of one.

I don't think we can count Lukaku as he won't be ready for 3 season at least. And even then we don't know if he will live up to his expectation.

At best you can say Hulk will be the third striker/winger....but his main role will continue to be a RW. Cause what happens if Torres gets injured? Just rely on Sturridge?

I think for a big club we need to have two good strikers.

United with Hernandez, and Rooney.

Madrid with Benzema and Higuian.

I am sure Barcelona would have wish they had another striker after Villa.

Chelsea having money, should not have such a problem.

Why? We have never relied soley on our striker to get us goals. Worst case senario would be playing hulk as CF.

Well we haven't got Hulk yet and Lukaku will probably go on loan! Sturridge may even be sold as well before the end of the transfer window. IMO we will sign another striker before Aug 31st.

As an avid watcher of Serie A, me and many others have noted that Cavani only ever works well when his team counter-attacks (same goes for when he's in the national team.)

We're evolving from a counter-attacking team into an attacking team. He really is just like Drogba, only with a higher work-rate.

He would have been perfect 5 years ago. Not now.

It's hard to know because Napoli ever only play counter-attack. It's not like he played in a different system and failed there. For me, I think he'd be good in any system. He really doesn't have a weakness in his game. He's a great finisher, he's strong, he's great in the air, he's even an excellent defender and passer for a target man. Would vastly prefer him to Hulk as I think striker is Chelsea's biggest weakness and unlike Hulk, Cavani is proven in a top league and against top competition including Premiership sides (In Hulk's 10 games against English clubs, he has 0 goals. Cavani had 4 goals in 4 games this season against Man City and Chelsea).

Signing another striker, especially a pricey one, will only be trouble for the manager and will be a repeat of the Drogba vs Torres saga which we can all agree that neither the players nor the club benefited from. If we don't get Hulk, then we should get a new striker.

Whats everyones problem with another quality striker coming in? he can play out wide as well if need be, theirs over 60+ games to be played this season coming Torres cannot play all these games, sturridge is piss poor at the best of times, he wastes so many chances even if he eventually scores, no team play, no passing, wrong attitude he's not a chelsea player, and lukaku is far too young and inexperienced, now look if we get cavani the spread of age of the strikers Torres 28, Cavani 25, lukaku 18/sturridge 23 (depending on either loan kaku or sell sturridge which i would personaly do) thats a perfect range of strikers at prime and coming of age, cavani can play at least half the games and get enough time on the ball to keep anyone happy plus they can play together some days if the need be, he dosent cancel out torres like drogba did, even tho i think it was more ego's classhing then anything eles. Send sturridge to spurs or liverpool where shooting everytime your own the ball and no passing is a tactic, or everton for fellani if theirs truth to the rumours, He not a chelsea player and never will be, Cavani can be a future legend.

So many people forgetting that Sturridge almost carried us for the first half of the season. So many forgetting he wasn't playing in his natural position. So many forgetting that when he did i.e. at Bolton he flourished.

Danny is more than good enough to be back up to Torres IMO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You