Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Why is that?

Chelsea challenge for trophies.

Strong Spanish contingent.

Big pay check.

Just one of those transfer rumors that I cannot see happening, I imagine he'll stay at Napoli, anyway, that is just me

Pointless spending this whoping sum on a forward really is, when we've got Sturridge who deserves a chance, Torres who we have not yet seen in a good team. Okay yeah Torres looks useless but the fact still remains, he has not been playing in a GOOD chelsea team this season, that's a fact. Then Romeu Lukaku might be starting in 3-4 years time, by then we could of had Sturridge as our forward and maybe Torres might of done a bit of justice to his price tag before he left.

Pointless spending this whoping sum on a forward really is, when we've got Sturridge who deserves a chance, Torres who we have not yet seen in a good team. Okay yeah Torres looks useless but the fact still remains, he has not been playing in a GOOD chelsea team this season, that's a fact. Then Romeu Lukaku might be starting in 3-4 years time, by then we could of had Sturridge as our forward and maybe Torres might of done a bit of justice to his price tag before he left.

Briliant post mate, the first time we played with speed and flair (today) and he scores a hattrik.

If we lose Drogba then we either need to take our chance and say Lukaku is good enough or get a new striker who is a physical beast. Even if Torres now gets in form we need someone who can win duel after duel, something which neither he or Sturridge can.

Two different kind of players but they share a lot of the same abilities. One of them being strength, which Cavani, while not being as strong a beast as Drogba, is pretty damn strong. Having followed him since his early Palermo days I would like to think I know that much. If we are not willing to let Lukaku play fairly regularly next season we will lack a strong man in front we will need someone else. Cavani is not a target man but we won't get a better replacement for what Drogba can do for the club, imo. There's just no way we can go through a season with Torres and Sturridge as our main forwards, we will lack so much physical presence in the box.

We can't play Drogba-like forever, look at the other big teams Rooney,RVP,Dzeko,Aguero,Benzema,Higuain are they bigger or stronger then Torres?Definately not.They dont need big bully's to be succesful.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Although I would still like Cavani, not because of his strength but his goal scoring ability.

We can't play Drogba-like forever, look at the other big teams Rooney,RVP,Dzeko,Aguero,Benzema,Higuain are they bigger or stronger then Torres?Definately not.They dont need big bully's to be succesful.

Benzema and Dzeko? No doubt in my mind that they are. The point is not really that we should keep playing that style of football, but that it will be terrible once we don't have a plan b and can put in a more physical forward. Sturridge and Torres against a team like Stoke... Nope. We need to keep Lukaku and not loan him out then.

Cavani as a replacement for Drogba? Two different types of players. Cavani isn't a strong enough physical player to replace Didier

It means we need another striker to replace Didier, it doesnt mean it must be something that plays like him.

You just see what you are saying: we have Sturridge and Torres. Do you think two good strikers is enough for a club like Chelsea? I dont think so.

Another thing is: its clear that Sturridge will leave at the end of the season. I would do the same if I was the team top scorer, and then realize that Kalou was playing and not me.

Meh, I think he's overrated personally. He's the exact same player as Torres, but not as good when Torres is in form. Plus we have Sturridge, Lukaku and Torres even if Didier does end up going. Sturridge has barely been given a shot up front.

What we need is wingers.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You