Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I thought there was a talk about Villas Boas trying to implant a new phylosophy, and that he need right players to do so, and then when there is a transfer rumour, people keep saying a striker is not good for Chelsea because he doesnt play like Drogba, or doesntt fit the Mourinho's 4-3-3 system.

Comic.

Comic.

Not saying he's not good enough. Doing the opposite, asking if he posses the qualities the squad needs in a striker.

Edited by RZA

Not saying he's not good enough. Doing the opposite, asking if he posses the qualities the squad needs in a striker.

"For Cavani to be a Chelsea type player he must be able to retain possession as Drogba used to do."

"For Cavani to be a Chelsea type player he must be able to retain possession as Drogba used to do."

Which is a true of what we need. Our players lose the ball too easily, what Drogba did well was hold the ball till support arrived. Torres can not do this.

Which is a true of what we need. Our players lose the ball too easily, what Drogba did well was hold the ball till support arrived. Torres can not do this.

I totally agree. This is why I've been saying that I would much rather have Cavani than Pato play at chelsea.

Only if we go back to lumping the ball forward to the big centre forward! This is not the way AVB wants to play - he wants pass and move, pass, pass, pass, but quickly

That would suit Torres

Only if we go back to lumping the ball forward to the big centre forward! This is not the way AVB wants to play - he wants pass and move, pass, pass, pass, but quickly

That would suit Torres

True. What type of player is Cavani though, is his physical appearance a charade of his main attributes?

That would suit Torres

Exactly. That's a reason why we don't need Mikel. Sorry for going off topic, I know this is gonna spark a frenzy....OFF TO THE MIKEL THREAD! Lol.

True. What type of player is Cavani though, is his physical appearance a charade of his main attributes?

He's like a Slightly Quicker and more Versatile Version of Drogba, and Stronger and Better Finisher than Torres. So he is a Really good option for us.

I'd love to see Cavani leading the Chelsea line, hes got aerial strength, clinical finishing, hes strong and quick, reminds me of the Drog in his prime.

It'd be a bit of a worry that hes used to playing at a pretty high tempo, since Napoli tend to play on the counter attack and our tempo lately has been really slow with alot of sideways and back passes combining him with a playmaker (Like Hamsik) would be bloody effective.

To the people saying we can't have him, I think come the summer AVB and Roman are going to make one last big push in the transfer market bring in some young top name, world class players before FFT takes place and everyone's got their price so I can't see why this COULDNT happen.

• 3 weeks later...

He's like a Slightly Quicker and more Versatile Version of Drogba, and Stronger and Better Finisher than Torres. So he is a Really good option for us.

http://www.soccercli...er-milan-cavani

^ Cavani's second goal against Inter.. this guy is World Class.

Dread to think how many he'll slot past us in the CL.

When Torres is firing on all cylinders he is easily as good if not better finisher than anyone in the game! Cavani's second goal vs Inter reminds me of the old Torres when wearing Red! If only we could get him back to his old self then we wouldn't need to keep speculating weather we are going to shell out another 40 + million quid for yet another striker!

When Torres is firing on all cylinders he is easily as good if not better finisher than anyone in the game! Cavani's second goal vs Inter reminds me of the old Torres when wearing Red! If only we could get him back to his old self then we wouldn't need to keep speculating weather we are going to shell out another 40 + million quid for yet another striker!

It took Berbatov some time to get it going for United, and he would have continue if it wasn't for Hernandez that took his spot last season.

After this season Torres at least deserves another season, and I will say without Drogba, Malouda and Kalou in the team. Giving space to some hungry passing wingers.

After this season Torres at least deserves another season, and I will say without Drogba, Malouda and Kalou in the team. Giving space to some hungry passing wingers.

Just NO. If he doesn't make at least four world class performances (by this, I mean like Drogba did against Valencia), then we have to give him the boot. We have no time to waste on a big flop, we have much more important things to fix.

Just NO. If he doesn't make at least four world class performances (by this, I mean like Drogba did against Valencia), then we have to give him the boot. We have no time to waste on a big flop, we have much more important things to fix.

Berbatov, and Sheva where giving time. At least two season. This is his first full season. If by next he ain't no good, then he can move on.

Berbatov, and Sheva where giving time. At least two season. This is his first full season. If by next he ain't no good, then he can move on.

During Shevchenko's time we had plenty of quality players in our side so we didn't suffer that much when he flopped in a goalscoring sense. Drogba took charge. Now we only have a bunch of old players. We simply cannot afford to give him more time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You