Edinson Cavani

CFC58

The thing is with Napoli, there squad is set up so accurately that it's easy for a player like Cavani to be part of them. Not only are they a growing challenge in Serie A, they're also the club that gave Cavani a real chance. Napoli in a season or 2 could easily go on to win the Italian league and every season they can look stronger in progressing in the Champions League.

They have an array of stars from Maggio to Inler to the deadly front 3 of Cavani, Lavezzi & Hamsik. While you could argue Napoli aren't a "big club" per se, they're definitely on the way of becoming on. They're signing future stars like Inler & Vargas so they're always progressing. Unlike Borussia Dortmund (who you could argue are the German equivalents) they don't look like a selling club, unless a heavy offer comes in.

So considering we did spend £50m on Torres, Cavani would cost around the same. He's young, his contract isn't running out any time soon and he's on hot form for Napoli. He doesn't seem like he'd put in a transfer request either.

Edited by RZA

The thing is with Napoli, there squad is set up so accurately that it's easy for a player like Cavani to be part of them. Not only are they a growing challenge in Serie A, they're also the club that gave Cavani a real chance. Napoli in a season or 2 could easily go on to win the Italian league and every season they can look stronger in progressing in the Champions League.

They have an array of stars from Maggio to Inler to the deadly front 3 of Cavani, Lavezzi & Hamsik. While you could argue Napoli aren't a "big club" per se, they're definitely on the way of becoming on. They're signing future stars like Inler & Vargas so they're always progressing. Unlike Borussia Dortmund (who you could argue are the German equivalents) they don't look like a selling club, unless a heavy offer comes in.

So considering we did spend £50m on Torres, Cavani would cost around the same. He's young, his contract isn't running out any time soon and he's on hot form for Napoli. He doesn't seem like he'd put in a transfer request either.

napoli is a historical club with lots of supporters. from they signings they dont seem with many financial problems so of course cavani would be expensive.

napoli is a historical club with lots of supporters. from they signings they dont seem with many financial problems so of course cavani would be expensive.

That's what I mean, there's no need to sell.. They're well within their rights to demand as much as possible. Their books are fine & are in a strong position at the moment.

And one thing I like to point out is that Cavani is perfect in Napoli's system. He fits like a glove in the 3-4-3 "Counter-Attack" and chances are he will struggle in our 4-3-3 "Possesion" style football.

And one thing I like to point out is that Cavani is perfect in Napoli's system. He fits like a glove in the 3-4-3 "Counter-Attack" and chances are he will struggle in our 4-3-3 "Possesion" style football.

is order to play a possesion style you need a creative playmaker to make that last decisive pass which we are missing at the moment aside from mata

Seriously why are people getting excited about him. He's a pretty good target man, he's not world class and his price tag is way, way too high for a player of his calibre. He doesn't suit our style of play at all.

If we are going for a forward (which I doubt) then it should definately not be a player like Cavani.

This is a very interesting post to be honest.

For Cavani to be a Chelsea type player he must be able to retain possession as Drogba used to do. We know he is a physical presence, but I haven't seen enough of him to describe his specific style of play, maybe others can help here. The 3-4-3 formation helps Cavani because the midfield backs him up tremendously, while having the class of Lavezzi & Hamsik next to him.

He won't get that here, he'll also be closed down very quickly and not have much space because we're not a solely counter-attack team. We come through as a unit and that means space isn't a variable Cavani will have. Can he handle this?

Cavani is Very good, People here are a bit Harsh on him but for the most part I agree, with our Setup even he would Struggle. Although for the Right price, 35 Million-ish we should get him. Other Options are Pato and Higuain, but IMO Cavani is the best of that Lot, although I would Like Pato, he is Still Quite young and Can be our Aguero

realistically speaking why are we considering cavani if we cant use him for the UCL, same case with pato/higuain(by the way real wont sell the kid for almost any price), the cl is our only big title to win this year, we can get these guys cheaper over the summer. for right now solidfy the defense

However if the asking

Cavani is Very good, People here are a bit Harsh on him but for the most part I agree, with our Setup even he would Struggle. Although for the Right price, 35 Million-ish we should get him. Other Options are Pato and Higuain, but IMO Cavani is the best of that Lot, although I would Like Pato, he is Still Quite young and Can be our Aguero

however if we get him for 35 mill now, it is definitely a catch, I just dont see napoli letting him budge for that amount, especially since he has no problem staying in naples.

However if the asking

however if we get him for 35 mill now, it is definitely a catch, I just dont see napoli letting him budge for that amount, especially since he has no problem staying in naples.

He said he was happy to stay at Palermo too and then left for Napoli soon after. Then in Napoli he demanded a new better contract less than a year after he signed with them. I'm sure if a bigger club makes a serious offer he will want to go and turn his back on Napoli, just not sure if he would want to come here.

He said he was happy to stay at Palermo too and then left for Napoli soon after. Then in Napoli he demanded a new better contract less than a year after he signed with them. I'm sure if a bigger club makes a serious offer he will want to go and turn his back on Napoli, just not sure if he would want to come here.

I'm led to believe he will be our man to replace drogba Wetherby it be Jan or the summer! Let's hope drog leaves this Jan hey!

This is a very interesting post to be honest.

For Cavani to be a Chelsea type player he must be able to retain possession as Drogba used to do. We know he is a physical presence, but I haven't seen enough of him to describe his specific style of play, maybe others can help here. The 3-4-3 formation helps Cavani because the midfield backs him up tremendously, while having the class of Lavezzi & Hamsik next to him.

He won't get that here, he'll also be closed down very quickly and not have much space because we're not a solely counter-attack team. We come through as a unit and that means space isn't a variable Cavani will have. Can he handle this?

I thought there was a talk about Villas Boas trying to implant a new phylosophy, and that he need right players to do so, and then when there is a transfer rumour, people keep saying a striker is not good for Chelsea because he doesnt play like Drogba, or doesntt fit the Mourinho's 4-3-3 system.

Comic.

Comic.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You