Newcastle vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

So before the game began, you wanted a draw? I didn't. Not a desirable result for me, no complaints about performance.

It's not about what I wanted it's about what is achievable with the current squad. A 1-1 draw with Newcastle is not surpising. Not sure if you remember but we were battered at home 3-0 by Sunderland just a few weeks ago. This is a step in the right direction. We actually scored a goal for one.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about what I wanted it's about what is achievable with the current squad. A 1-1 draw with Newcastle is not surpising. Not sure if you remember but we were battered at home 3-0 by Sunderland just a few weeks ago. This is a step in the right direction. We actually scored a goal for one.

Why I do remember the loss. I actually sat through all of it, instead of studying for a crucial exam that was to take place 8 hours later. Could've switched off the tv, or flipped channels, but no...

It is not normal for us to pick up 4 points out of 15 and considering the performance today the 1-1 draw was indeed surprising, even taking into account all the absentees. The problem is underperformance by some and being luckless, even if you make our squad sound like Stoke's.

Why I do remember the loss. I actually sat through all of it, instead of studying for a crucial exam that was to take place 8 hours later. Could've switched off the tv, or flipped channels, but no...

It is not normal for us to pick up 4 points out of 15 and considering the performance today the 1-1 draw was indeed surprising, even taking into account all the absentees. The problem is underperformance by some and being luckless, even if you make our squad sound like Stoke's.

Tell you what we could actually do with a few Stoke players. Fuller over Kalou for starters. A few of their first team players would make out bench no problem. Did you see our bench today? Full of players Carlo simply doesn't want to play. We may as well not have had a bench and just went there with the first 11. Since we're cost cutting we may have saved some money on plane tickets for those 7 players.

We're not Stoke but we do not have a sufficient squad. We have the smallest squad in the league and are expected to compete with a Utd team that have about 30+ players. It's simply not possible. We have a striker with malaria that can't get a rest. We have a centre back that needs an operation urgently but has to wait until we patch up the other centre back with a serious nerve problem in his leeg. This 1-1 is not suprising despite what you think.

Tell you what we could actually do with a few Stoke players. Fuller over Kalou for starters. A few of their first team players would make out bench no problem. Did you see our bench today? Full of players Carlo simply doesn't want to play. We may as well not have had a bench and just went there with the first 11. Since we're cost cutting we may have saved some money on plane tickets for those 7 players.

We're not Stoke but we do not have a sufficient squad. We have the smallest squad in the league and are expected to compete with a Utd team that have about 30+ players. It's simply not possible. We have a striker with malaria that can't get a rest. We have a centre back that needs an operation urgently but has to wait until we patch up the other centre back with a serious nerve problem in his leeg. This 1-1 is not suprising despite what you think.

You make some fair points. I'm as annoyed as the next person with the delay in Alex's surgery. It might end up costing us a whole lot more in the long run. There's no point in having an academy if we're having to play a crocked Alex instead of Bruma. Doesn't do his confidence any help. Ditto with prefering Kalou/Anelka over Studge. The 1-1 is surprising to me only because we didn't convert chances (or were not allowed to by that incompetent ref). Sigh. Don't fight with me blue%20scalf.gif

You make some fair points. I'm as annoyed as the next person with the delay in Alex's surgery. It might end up costing us a whole lot more in the long run. There's no point in having an academy if we're having to play a crocked Alex instead of Bruma. Doesn't do his confidence any help. Ditto with prefering Kalou/Anelka over Studge. The 1-1 is surprising to me only because we didn't convert chances (or were not allowed to by that incompetent ref). Sigh. Don't fight with me blue%20scalf.gif

I prefered it before Roman came to be honest. I

I prefered it before Roman came to be honest. I was a lot happier because I didn't have such high expectations lol.

:lol: the great life of a pessimist ey?

^_^

The sad thing is Roman is doing everything right but we're just not getting the results. All that money spunked on the youth system and their training facilities yet we don't have one that can step in and cover for an injured player or is good enough to swap with an underperforming senior. I really feel sorry for us as a club at the moment.

Things can only get better eh? :)

^_^

The sad thing is Roman is doing everything right but we're just not getting the results. All that money spunked on the youth system and their training facilities yet we don't have one that can step in and cover for an injured player or is good enough to swap with an underperforming senior. I really feel sorry for us as a club at the moment.

They are all from 17 to 19 years old. What do you expect them to be starters over night? You do have big expetations.

^_^

:o who are you and what've you done with Styles?! LOL

But you're right Roman is doing the right things, though one can argue the Wilkins affair wasn't one of his best moved, but he has poured millions into the youth system. Perhaps Arnesen wasn't the man to organise the youth development properly. His resignation could be a blessing-in-disguise as we can find someone who really believes in bringing youth talent into the team, youth talent that will breakthrough and be a homegrown superstar..

They are all from 17 to 19 years old. What do you expect them to be starters over night? You do have big expetations.

If the kids are not serious alternatives then why did we go into the season with such a small squad? Somebody must have thought these kids were adequate cover. That somebody clearly isn't Carlo as he wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. He has no faith in them whatsoever.

If the kids are not serious alternatives then why did we go into the season with such a small squad? Somebody must have thought these kids were adequate cover. That somebody clearly isn't Carlo as he wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. He has no faith in them whatsoever.

Who cares why. It is the only way they can get some playing time. And you are wrong that Carlo doesn't even want to sniff them. Who were playing against Zilina?

Not all of them are ready yet. But they will grow with games.

Who cares why. It is the only way they can get some playing time. And you are wrong that Carlo doesn't even want to sniff them. Who were playing against Zilina?

A meaningless game against the worst team in this year's CL can't be the best example one can come up with.

Carlo playing Ferreira instead of Bruma sealed the case for me.

We are fighting for a place in next Champions League...im not thinking about title anymore. Its really optimistic to think about title with this squad and poor football. Im afraid we will struggle to even get a champions league place.

A meaningless game against the worst team in this year's CL can't be the best example one can come up with.

Carlo playing Ferreira instead of Bruma sealed the case for me.

A game is a game. You may call it dead rubber, but it is far from dead rubber.

Oh sorry you are always right. No one can say anything against your opinions.