test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LDN Blue

Adam Phillip

Started by LDN Blue,

Yeovil Town have signed striker Adam Phillip from Premier League champions Chelsea on a month-long loan deal.

_49988000_adamphilipweb.jpg

The 19-year-old revealed he spoke to former Glovers player Paul Terry and his England international brother, John, before moving to Huish Park.

"Paul is doing physio at [Chelsea's training ground] Cobham at the moment," Phillip told BBC Somerset.

"Both he and John Terry told me Yeovil was a good club to come to so I took their advice."

Phillip was discovered playing Sunday league football as a 15-year-old in Surrey.

He helped Chelsea reach the 2008 FA Youth Cup final, scoring three goals along the way.

This season he has bagged two goals in four games for Chelsea reserves.

"Yeovil said after a reserve-team match last week that they would like me to come down and I jumped at the chance," said Phillip.

"I want to help them get up the table and at the same time improve all aspects of my game."

And the former England Under-17 international is hoping to make his league debut when Yeovil face Charlton at the Valley on Saturday.

"Obviously I would love to start but I'm not sure how the manager [Terry Skiverton] sees it," he said.

"It's a very big game but having seen the boys train, there is a lot of talent and I'm sure we can get a result."

Yeovil are second from bottom of League One with 15 points from 16 games.

Was important to get Adam a loan move. He needed regular football and he is a good goalscorer. Hope he does his tuff there..

I head Clifford's loan will be extended at Oldham? I hope he gets a push into the Chelsea senior squad soon, seems the shine of McEachran he has taken some light of Clifford.

I head Clifford's loan will be extended at Oldham? I hope he gets a push into the Chelsea senior squad soon, seems the shine of McEachran he has taken some light of Clifford.

Clifford is on loan at Plymouth and yes it looks like it could be extended. Josh is a rare player a loan in the lower leagues will do him little good. Whereas for Conner who is more physical, time spent in the lower leagues will make more well rounded, i am sure he will continue to impress and one day get his shot at the first team.

Adam is a strange one, always scored goals but joined academy football very late as a 15 year old, suffered a couple of serious injuries too, but i hope this will push him nicely forward.

Confirmed on Twitter that he's signed a contract extension. His banter on twitter is priceless, loves riling up the Liverpool fans. Like Jody Morris who was destroying Millwall today :lol:

Today I left Chelsea’s training ground for the final time a free agent, I feel a little sad as it’s been such a big part of my life, I’ll miss my boys and the banter we had, but I am also really looking forward & am very excited for the future & the new possibilities out there for me.

Although I had 6 months left on my contract I made the decision to leave earlier to get ahead of the game so to speak. This way it gives me the opportunity to move on with my career and find a new home for the next few years.

I’d like to take this moment to thank Chelsea and all the personnel for the support I have received over the past 6 years, especially the medical & physio team and all my team mates I’ve had the pleasure to play with & other’s that I have looked up to over the years. I have learnt so much from some of the best players in the world and been lucky enough to have spent my time at one of the best clubs in the world, with the best facilities.

I’d also like to say a massive thank you to all the Chelsea fans that have been behind me – you guys have been the best and shown me great support.

It may be the end of this chapter but not the end of this book just yet!!!

Goodbye and good luck Coombes.

It is a shame his injuries were so bad, for me he is in the same boat as Danny Pappoe and Michael Woods in that they would be much more of a serious prospect for Chelsea if not for injuries.

Bosnian Blue likes this

He's signed for Notts today, very interesting player but very little is known about the lad.

Can I ask some of you guys some questions via PM? I'm writing a feature for my fan site, which is related to the team who's signed this young lad. It will help me and the site out no end!

He's done well from what I've seen of him, watched all the home friendlies and he scored against Ipswich. Very sharp player but I heard he had a bad injury and lost a lot of pace, although he still seems pretty fast and skillful.

He's signed for Notts today, very interesting player but very little is known about the lad.

Can I ask some of you guys some questions via PM? I'm writing a feature for my fan site, which is related to the team who's signed this young lad. It will help me and the site out no end!

He's done well from what I've seen of him, watched all the home friendlies and he scored against Ipswich. Very sharp player but I heard he had a bad injury and lost a lot of pace, although he still seems pretty fast and skillful.

Hi, all the times I've seen Phillip(or Coombes as he should be technically called now), has been at youth level, having said that I think he'll make a smooth transition go first team.

When he was younger he had a very good scoring record, with Frank Nouble who's also in the Football League now. Like you said he's fast, skilful, can play wide (probably wide left) and through the centre, even with his injury problems as he grew older when he was fit he still always used to score goals. I remember one game and I thought he had a similar style to Sturridge but opposite sided.

It has been a while since I saw him though, a his contract cancellation and injury problems meant he got less and less appearances as he entered his 20s. Real shame about his injury problems, as without them (like Woods, Hutchinson and Pappoe) I think they would be making a much bigger impact on the Chelsea team.

notts-joe likes this