Chelsea vs Fulham

BlueLion.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drogba has been suffering from malaria. However he starts the game tomorrow. Carlo has said that Alex and Anelka will miss the game.

Please, no Kalou !!!

So, i would like to see this lineup :

Cech

Bosingwa - Iva -JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Malouda

Sturridge - Drogba - Kakuta

or :

Mikel

Ramires - Josh

Danni - DD - Malouda

Please, no Kalou !!!

So, i would like to see this lineup :

Cech

Bosingwa - Iva -JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Malouda

Sturridge - Drogba - Kakuta

or :

Mikel

Ramires - Josh

Danni - DD - Malouda

You just know Kalou is going to start regardless of how badly he played against Liverpool. Carlo thinks those meaningless goals he scores count for something. I honestly think Sturridge should have never signed for Chelsea because he will not fulfill his potential here due to lack of playing time.

Question for the older fans/fans who have supported the club for a very long time:

You would think that two clubs so close to each other, i mean we're both located in Fulham, to have this huge rivalry/dislike of each other. Why isn't that the case ?

I can imagine that the rise of Chelsea FC to the top of Europe to have cause the rivalry to stagnate. But Man Utd and Man City always had a huge gap when it comes to the 'size' of the club, same with Arsenal and Tottenham these last 15 years or so. But you could feel they really disliked/hated each other.

You just know Kalou is going to start regardless of how badly he played against Liverpool. Carlo thinks those meaningless goals he scores count for something. I honestly think Sturridge should have never signed for Chelsea because he will not fulfill his potential here due to lack of playing time.

I hope Carlo proves you wrong then :)

So Carlo confirmed: Cech, Essien, Mikel, Kalou & Drogba.

Defence will probably be: Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole (in case he doesn't want to risk Alex)

And the midfield/attack replacement probably: Zhirkov & Sturridge

anyone know what my view will be like from MHL row T gate 16? i think its impaired view

Sounds like you probably won't be able to see the corner flag in the shed/east stand corner.

You would think that two clubs so close to each other, i mean we're both located in Fulham, to have this huge rivalry/dislike of each other. Why isn't that the case ?

I can imagine that the rise of Chelsea FC to the top of Europe to have cause the rivalry to stagnate. But Man Utd and Man City always had a huge gap when it comes to the 'size' of the club, same with Arsenal and Tottenham these last 15 years or so. But you could feel they really disliked/hated each other.

For a long time we were in seperate divisions and rarely played each other, as a result we formed much fiercer rivalries with other teams and not so much with Fulham. Those other clubs you mentioned have played each other regularly throughout their history. Also years ago many fans would watch Chelsea at home one week then Fulham the next if they didn't travel to away games.

Although Fulham fans do hate us and consider us their biggest game of the season the hatred is a bit one sided.

Please explain to me why his goals are meaningless? What a stupid thing to say...

ahh yeah 5 goals this season and each one of them meaningless. God feel sorry for Kalou even when he starts to show us what he can do he still gets slated.

As for the rivalry I actually quite like Fulham, I wanted them to win the europa league last year. Seems they're just frustrated being the smaller team in Fulham

Basically Fulham is like the little brother who tries to act like he hates you and wants to be an annoyance, buy you always have fun giving nuggies on his head and giving him the occasional wedgie

Ahh, understood.

Sounds like you probably won't be able to see the corner flag in the shed/east stand corner.

For a long time we were in seperate divisions and rarely played each other, as a result we formed much fiercer rivalries with other teams and not so much with Fulham. Those other clubs you mentioned have played each other regularly throughout their history. Also years ago many fans would watch Chelsea at home one week then Fulham the next if they didn't travel to away games.

Although Fulham fans do hate us and consider us their biggest game of the season the hatred is a bit one sided.

Got it, thanks.

Hmm. Most likely to see this :

Cech (confirmed)

Cole Ivan JT Ash

Mikel (confirmed)

Essien (confirmed) Zhirkov

Kalou (confirmed) Drogba (confirmed) Malouda (confimed)

Hopefully it wouldn't be difficult to put this one to bed by the hour. Then Gael, Josh and Studge could get some time. Would have liked Stu/Gael to start but meh.

Please explain to me why his goals are meaningless? What a stupid thing to say...

Kalou usually scores goals when the games are dead i.e. Wigan away this season when he came on to score the 4th and 5th goals in a rout. He says his aim is to score 20 goals this season but learning the basics such as controlling a ball seem irrelevant to him.

What Scolari said recently is very telling...

"All Salomon Kalou could do was run fast."

"He couldn't dribble very well, so we taught him to dribble round poles. Ok, I know they were only poles in the ground but it helped him to start dribbling round opponents.

Imagine that. Some players are the finished product at 23 (his age when Scolari was manager) and only need to add consistency to their game but here is Kalou being taught how to dribble around poles like a 7 year old. He is such a poor player it's unbelieavble at times. He is a glorified goal hanger, almost completely irrelevant to the general build up and it's as the team is playing with 10 men when he starts.

Had Scolari stayed long enough he would have been kicked out the club a long time.

Had Scolari stayed long enough he would have been kicked out the club a long time.

You're using the word of Scolari? This is the same manager who put Drogba on the bench for almost his entire tenure.

As for goals when games are dead, need I remind you of Inter Milan last season?

Kalou usually scores goals when the games are dead i.e. Wigan away this season when he came on to score the 4th and 5th goals in a rout. He says his aim is to score 20 goals this season but learning the basics such as controlling a ball seem irrelevant to him.

If I remember correctly, didn't he score the winner away at West Ham and Sunderland the season before last? That's just off the top of my head.

Also, don't tell me you didn't have your heart in your mouth till he scored that crucial second against Wolves a couple of weeks back. Did you see the assist for the opener against Spartak last week? Kalou provided the ball that Nico smashed in from an angle.

Sure he's incredibly frustrating at times and I was one of his biggest doubters, but you've got to give him credit where it's due.