Chelsea vs Spartak

BlueLion.

Anelka has changed completely as a player. While he still shows flashes of his great off the ball runs, like you mentioned with his goal vs Zilina, he's now the type of player that prefers to drop deep, rather than go deep. He also had games in the striker role where he drove me crazy since he was everywhere except in the main striker role.

But you are right about him being the right player to become that type of striker. Josh providing him the deadly through balls. But he'll really need to improve his finishing skills.

Yes which i think is really sad i would like him to stay up front, he has the ability to easily play that role but something tells him to drop deep. Also i think sturridge is ok in the finishing department he has an awesome left foot on him !

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal scenario tonight would see us have this wrapped up by half time and then look to rest players for Sunday when we take on the Scouse Shite. Tbh I'm more focused on that game than matters in hand tonight.

Heaping more misery on them while their down would give me a great deal of pleasure. :getin:

Chelsea are expected to start in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech

19 Paulo Ferreira

2 Branislav Ivanovic

33 Alex

3 Ashley Cole

7 Ramires

12 John Mikel Obi

18 Yury Zhirkov

21 Salomon Kalou

11 Didier Drogba ©

39 Nicolas Anelka

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 26 John Terry, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 46 Josh McEachran, 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Ramires returns after three games out with an ankle injury and with Yury Zhirkov also selected, Carlo Ancelotti is able to give a rest to Michael Essien.

Terry is rested too. He starts on the bench with Alex and Branislav Ivanovic in the centre and Paulo Ferreira in at right back.

Up front, Salomon Kalou replaces injured Florent Malouda and makes his 150th start in a blue shirt. Didier Drogba captains.

Spartak make two changes from the game in Moscow. Andrei Ivanov comes in at right back and fit-again skipper Alex replaces injured Ari as the player behind lone striker Welliton.

Chelsea are expected to start in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech

19 Paulo Ferreira

2 Branislav Ivanovic

33 Alex

3 Ashley Cole

7 Ramires

12 John Mikel Obi

18 Yury Zhirkov

21 Salomon Kalou

11 Didier Drogba ©

39 Nicolas Anelka

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 26 John Terry, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 46 Josh McEachran, 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge.