Chelsea vs Spartak

BlueLion.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge changed the game in my opinion. Okay, maybe the most he did in direct attacking terms was that rasping drive as soon as he came on, but his pace, speed and intelligence was key to us winning. He's very mature in terms of his positioning and took up some great positions on the pitch on Saturday. He also had an integral role in the goal as he helped 'suck' the Blackburn players to the ball by peeling off Zhirkov. Very clever player, hope he plays Wednesday.

No Borini in the reserves either... perhaps he will get some minutes?

Ancelotti is really making me worried. Not one game this season has Danny played in the striker role.. I'm really getting Kalou vibes.

Ancelotti is really making me worried. Not one game this season has Danny played in the striker role.. I'm really getting Kalou vibes.

Same. But i think Carlo likes his forwards to be able to play anywhere in a front 3. Look at how everyone keeps popping up on either side during a match. None of them actually hold a position. So it could improve Stu's versatility.

Same. But i think Carlo likes his forwards to be able to play anywhere in a front 3. Look at how everyone keeps popping up on either side during a match. None of them actually hold a position. So it could improve Stu's versatility.

It's true that our forwards switch positions a lot but still, not one match. He needs to improve as an striker first since he's still a very raw talent.

Agreed, but I also agree with the point about versatility. It's the ability of our front three to rotate about the pitch that makes us very unpredictable and hard to defend against. I believe Ancelotti is trying to mould Sturridge into another Anelka, which, with his pace and power would not be a bad move in my view.

Agreed, but I also agree with the point about versatility. It's the ability of our front three to rotate about the pitch that makes us very unpredictable and hard to defend against. I believe Ancelotti is trying to mould Sturridge into another Anelka, which, with his pace and power would not be a bad move in my view.

exactly

I really think he has the potential to score bags of goals for us. Anelka/Eto's they are the 2 players i would like him to look up to and follow, he will learn lots from these 2 great off the ball movers. The goal against zilna away was the type of goal i think he is capable of for us making a fast run then finishing with aplomb. Also with josh coming through he will have a young English player to grow with and develope their skills together, it worked wonders for sneijder and van der vaart !

Edited by Badboy

he has to fit INTO the team ...not fit the team round him

What does that mean? He's a striker and i was making a point about him being played in the striker role. How does that not make him into the team?

I really think he has the potential to score bags of goals for us. Anelka/Eto's they are the 2 players i would like him to look up to and follow, he will learn lots from these 2 great off the ball movers. The goal against zilna away was the type of goal i think he is capable of for us making a fast run then finishing with aplomb. Also with josh coming through he will have a young English player to grow with and develope their skills together, it worked wonders for sneijder and van der vaart !

Anelka has changed completely as a player. While he still shows flashes of his great off the ball runs, like you mentioned with his goal vs Zilina, he's now the type of player that prefers to drop deep, rather than go deep. He also had games in the striker role where he drove me crazy since he was everywhere except in the main striker role.

But you are right about him being the right player to become that type of striker. Josh providing him the deadly through balls. But he'll really need to improve his finishing skills.

That is Carlo's old Christmas tree.

It's not just Ancelotti's system. Anelka actually prefers to drop deep and get involved in build up play, he said so himself. He doesn't prefer the striker role anymore.