test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The Primera Liga Thread

Started by Steve,

2,840 posts in this topic

My goodness what a finish that was...

The amount of quality in that game is insane, definitely highlights why they are the two best teams in the world...

communicate likes this

12 minutes ago, Adnane said:

My goodness what a finish that was...

The amount of quality in that game is insane, definitely highlights why they are the two best teams in the world...

Except for the lack of defending. 

what a game it was between Barca and Madrid, Real clearly the much better team, Suarez is a fucking cheat, and as usual the referees need to aid Barca against Real Madrid, but Madrid had the last laugh, that red card for Ronaldo was so stupid, he didnt cover himself in glory by pushing the ref afterwards, Ronaldo and Asensio goals were beauties.

Barcelona is in decline. Awful board,terrible signings,Valverde has no idea what he is doing. In the last 10 years of watching Barcelona probably the best team in history of football. The team that played the best football,the philosophy that Cruijff,Rijkaard and Guardiola have builded. It's all getting lost now,i saw this coming in the second season of Enrique. There was no pressing,no running for the ball,the didn't play as fluid as they use to but the results were there so no one was questioning him. Barcelona lost 2-0 to Real last night and they lost before and that's nothing new but the fact is that for the first time in how many years you could actually see that Real was superior to Barcelona this hasn't happend in the last 10 years. This was Barca's team last night:

DHYC6PyW0AAR0vK.jpg

There is absolutely no creativity,no tehnical ability in that midfield but Valverde want's more phisical players that's the reason for the signing of Paulinho which is absolutely wrong. Real Outplayed them yesterday with a midfield of: Kovacic,Kroos,Modric all tehnical players who are not strong phisically. Kroos,Kovacic,Modric,Isco,Ceballos are all great in posession and Zidane knows/understands that this is the way how Barcelona used to dominated football and that's having a great midfield.

Johnnyeye, Peace. and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Barcelona is in decline. Awful board,terrible signings,Valverde has no idea what he is doing. In the last 10 years of watching Barcelona probably the best team in history of football. The team that played the best football,the philosophy that Cruijff,Rijkaard and Guardiola have builded. It's all getting lost now,i saw this coming in the second season of Enrique. There was no pressing,no running for the ball,the didn't play as fluid as they use to but the results were there so no one was questioning him. Barcelona lost 2-0 to Real last night and they lost before and that's nothing new but the fact is that for the first time in how many years you could actually see that Real was superior to Barcelona this hasn't happend in the last 10 years. This was Barca's team last night:

DHYC6PyW0AAR0vK.jpg

There is absolutely no creativity,no tehnical ability in that midfield but Valverde want's more phisical players that's the reason for the signing of Paulinho which is absolutely wrong. Real Outplayed them yesterday with a midfield of: Kovacic,Kroos,Modric all tehnical players who are not strong phisically. Kroos,Kovacic,Modric,Isco,Ceballos are all great in posession and Zidane knows/understands that this is the way how Barcelona used to dominated football and that's having a great midfield.

Barcelona shows how not to rebuild a great team. They need to find replacement for xavi N Iniesta. So far they haven't replaced either. Instead they have Andre gomes and now Paulinho. I don't understand why play with physical midfield where your philosophy is on ball retention. 

Valverde lineup vs madrid also did not make sense, it is literally the same as Argentina where messi has to be creator, goalscorer, ball bringer, he is 30, there is no way he can do that. 

Compare this Barca team to RM who has Kroos modric plus Isco. These 3 + casemiro are the one that make this team so special. I will play Isco over any of the bbc

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

It's all getting lost now,i saw this coming in the second season of Enrique. There was no pressing,no running for the ball,the didn't play as fluid as they use to but the results were there so no one was questioning him. 

Funny I watched Barca last season once last season at 1st El clasico and I felt the same way. This team felt very2 imbalance, and have 0 clue how to build up an attack. It is like there is MSN for attack + everybody for defence. They only played well once Iniesta came in and link the "others" with MSN and suddenly they looks like a Barcelona team but if your key player is a 33 years old, you are screwed. He will not be able to perform at high level every game, you need the other midfield to help him. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Funny I watched Barca last season once last season at 1st El clasico and I felt the same way. This team felt very2 imbalance, and have 0 clue how to build up an attack. It is like there is MSN for attack + everybody for defence. They only played well once Iniesta came in and link the "others" with MSN and suddenly they looks like a Barcelona team but if your key player is a 33 years old, you are screwed. He will not be able to perform at high level every game, you need the other midfield to help him. 

They rely on Messi and other players instead of there philosophy which has been builded for years. This is what Cruijff said in July 2014:

DGHllQqVYAA6sfQ.thumb.jpg.3d703654ed5e546de948fba85d55f6a6.jpg

All great individuals but they can't carry like this,they did in 2015/2016 but that was the end of it. If Messi or Suarez or any other player don't perform they won't win but before Barcelona relyed on there philosophy even if Messi,Xavi,Iniesta etc didn't play well they would still win and there bad performances wouldn't get noticied because of there philosophy.

DHG-4D1XoAEk_mP.thumb.jpg.6864326287d4340838a107d2ff7fd63f.jpg

It's sad that this is happening :(

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

They rely on Messi and other players instead of there philosophy which has been builded for years. This is what Cruijff said in July 2014:

DGHllQqVYAA6sfQ.thumb.jpg.3d703654ed5e546de948fba85d55f6a6.jpg

All great individuals but they can't carry like this,they did in 2015/2016 but that was the end of it. If Messi or Suarez or any other player don't perform they won't win but before Barcelona relyed on there philosophy even if Messi,Xavi,Iniesta etc didn't play well they would still win and there bad performances wouldn't get noticied because of there philosophy.

DHG-4D1XoAEk_mP.thumb.jpg.6864326287d4340838a107d2ff7fd63f.jpg

It's sad that this is happening :(

I love team with philosophy and i really respect cruyff opinion but there are tons of politic involve in barca hierarchy so i cannot say wether he said it sincerely or to attack barca president.

For me I agree and disagree. Your player dictate your philosophy not the other way aorund. If you want to focus on ball retention and technical ability sign technical player, you can't force team to play certain way if their personnel does not fit the model.

MSN imo is not really the biggest problem, those three are deadly because they actually combine very well and very unselfish. The key is the midfield trio.

Gomes - Rakitic

Busquet

Not sure how gomes fit that mid, unless the left winger is iniesta. If they really can sign both coutinho and dembele it wil help them big time. Play coutinho on iniesta role and dembele on neymar role. Problem solved.

I am not a barca fan, but I watch some of their game from time to time because I just love the way Messi play. By far the best player I have ever seen.