La Liga Thread

Steve

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32877349

Perez is an idiot. For those lacking self-awareness, how Real Madrid is perceived now is very much how people used to (perhaps some still do) perceive Chelsea. A rich idiot for an owner with an itchy firing finger and a club that overpays and buys success.

Meh. As long as Perez dictates what profile of transfer he wants to his managers (how Abramovich did in Mou's first spell w/Shevchenko ) then the manager will never achieve maximum success. Last season it was Spanish "talent". Carvajal, who probably wouldn't play ahead of Bellerin at Arsenal and certainly not Ivanovic/Dave here at CFC, Nacho who is average for a defender (although I'm sure City would still cough up £30m for him), Illarramendi who is so poor that the club prefer to start Sergio Ramos in midfield, and Isco who is certainly good enough for a top team but somehow still starts behind Bale who is having one of the worst seasons he's had since he was a left back for Southampton.

Not to mention how the fans turn against a player or even you the moment a mistake is made. I still distinctly remember the press announcing when his children were training or whatever so people could turn up and abuse them. Sickening, fickle club and I hope that we have the honour of drawing them in next season's Champions League.

Meh. As long as Perez dictates what profile of transfer he wants to his managers (how Abramovich did in Mou's first spell w/Shevchenko ) then the manager will never achieve maximum success. Last season it was Spanish "talent". Carvajal, who probably wouldn't play ahead of Bellerin at Arsenal and certainly not Ivanovic/Dave here at CFC, Nacho who is average for a defender (although I'm sure City would still cough up £30m for him), Illarramendi who is so poor that the club prefer to start Sergio Ramos in midfield, and Isco who is certainly good enough for a top team but somehow still starts behind Bale who is having one of the worst seasons he's had since he was a left back for Southampton.

Not to mention how the fans turn against a player or even you the moment a mistake is made. I still distinctly remember the press announcing when his children were training or whatever so people could turn up and abuse them. Sickening, fickle club and I hope that we have the honour of drawing them in next season's Champions League.

I disagree with your assessment of Carvajal, Nacho and Illaramendi. The three are all very talented and very promising players. I think they could be fantastic players but only if provided with stability and trust that Real Madrid can't offer them. Two of the three are alumni from the Real Castilla, so I can see why some faithful to Real would be fond of them. They have direct roots to the city and the club and it most be heartbreaking to see them casually tossed to the side in favour of Galacticos.

Real Madrid needs to sack Perez, not coaches all the time.

I cant believe people still vote for Perez after he makes a new ''project'' every year and all of them fail.

Barca and Atletico fans are probably cheering because Real gifted them a trophy next year.

We can expect another summer of real crazy buys (that rumour about Aguero for 90m :lol: ) and Perez excuse will be; new coach wants new players that suit him blah blah...

Seriously a cheeky bid for Modric wouldnt be out of place right now. Perez wanting Pogba and Modric certainly unhappy about things would make potential move much much easier.

Perez is a great businessman. He sold Di Maria at the right time and with the sales of Özil and Higuain he did a good job too.
James Rodrigues was one of the best transfers of the season, perhaps only Luis Suarez was more successful.
Ancelotti made some mistakes:
Firstly, his refusal to rest some of his most important players was pretty bad.
Secondly, why didn't he play a defensive minded midfielder?! Maybe Perez did not like such a player, but why the hell did he buy Illarramendi in the first place? I can't make my mind up to such nonsense....

All in all the sacking of Ancelotti is a sad thing, he is a great coach and he deserves so much better.
In the dressing room he was well respected, for example Cristiano took a photo with him two days ago.
I heard that he has health issues, get well soon, Carlo.
Where will he go?!

Perez is a great businessman. He sold Di Maria at the right time and with the sales of Özil and Higuain he did a good job too.

James Rodrigues was one of the best transfers of the season, perhaps only Luis Suarez was more successful.

Ancelotti made some mistakes:

Firstly, his refusal to rest some of his most important players was pretty bad.

Secondly, why didn't he play a defensive minded midfielder?! Maybe Perez did not like such a player, but why the hell did he buy Illarramendi in the first place? I can't make my mind up to such nonsense....

All in all the sacking of Ancelotti is a sad thing, he is a great coach and he deserves so much better.

In the dressing room he was well respected, for example Cristiano took a photo with him two days ago.

I heard that he has health issues, get well soon, Carlo.

Where will he go?!

Like you said. Great bussines man but terrible football club president.

Messi was magnificent. His first goal will be replayed for many years to come. Outrageous skill and vision.

Barca should've scored a few more goals, total dominance. Now to complete the treble. Juve is tough, but if they play like they did today they will win.

Dani Alves is the most ridiculous character in football. Laughed all night because of his hair.