La Liga Thread

Steve

This season sums Carlo as a manager in one, when thing's are going great everything is really really great, stick him in a crisis or a sticky situation however and he is clueless.

Look at the tactical tweak Jose made when losing to Leicester, Ancelotti would have done nothing and hoped it worked itself out (which was the story of our season in 10/11).

Im going to be controversial and say Ancelotti is on a similar level to Rafa, average league record but partial to pulling the rabbit out of the hat in cups, both are light years behind Jose, Pep, Fergie and all the other great manager's before them.

I would say, Ancelotti is just the more glamarous version of Benitez. :ph34r:

Really?

But couldn't you also make the argument that he took that side, unified them and got them playing a style of football which, lets be honest here, was arguable one of the best around. He has gone to sides with these individuals but he's managed to create a real team out of them, both at Bayern and Barcelona. I know people joke that even they would be able to do that, but he seems like he's got the commitment and patience to perfect every detail of his game.. Only high calibre managers can do that?

I still don't see what he's done for Bayern (other than sign Thiago, Bernat), they've only gone backwards under his guidance

If Pep was to take on the challenge of Man City and transform them into a dominant side in the UCL, then I would put him into the top-tier bracket of coaching

I still don't see what he's done for Bayern (other than sign Thiago, Bernat), they've only gone backwards under his guidance

If Pep was to take on the challenge of Man City and transform them into a dominant side in the UCL, then I would put him into the top-tier bracket of coaching

Pep won them a world cup, while as Spain couldn't advance pass teh group stages.

Pep won them a world cup, while as Spain couldn't advance pass teh group stages.

Low almost fucked up when he tried Pep tactic of sticking Lahm in midfield. Once he pushed him back to LB, Germany was much more dominant.

Dont give me crap that Germany won world cup because Pep came to bayern and inspired players or whatever.

Secondly, Bayern was a machine that destroyed everything before Pep. What he did to bayern is almost unacceptable. He can be lucky that he even won german titles because Bvb turned shit. Current bayern would stand no chance against 2012 Bvb.

Lastly, his work in barcelona gets all the respect from me. That side despite I disliked their style, was one of best teams ever. Thanks to players, but also big thanks to Pep for putting everything together. Partly that inspired Spain aswell.

But Bayern and Germany WC win, Pep has nothing to do with it. His tactics nowdays are ageing and he cant adopt to new ones.

Low almost fucked up when he tried Pep tactic of sticking Lahm in midfield. Once he pushed him back to LB, Germany was much more dominant.

Dont give me crap that Germany won world cup because Pep came to bayern and inspired players or whatever.

Secondly, Bayern was a machine that destroyed everything before Pep. What he did to bayern is almost unacceptable. He can be lucky that he even won german titles because Bvb turned shit. Current bayern would stand no chance against 2012 Bvb.

Lastly, his work in barcelona gets all the respect from me. That side despite I disliked their style, was one of best teams ever. Thanks to players, but also big thanks to Pep for putting everything together. Partly that inspired Spain aswell.

But Bayern and Germany WC win, Pep has nothing to do with it. His tactics nowdays are ageing and he cant adopt to new ones.

Germany winning the world cup had a lot to due with Pep as did Spain winning the world cup. Pep played Lahm as a midfield player due to default since Bastian took forever to heal and JAvi/Thiago was injured in the beginning....

Only healthy center midfielder on the squad was Kroos throughtout the season.

However, his intensity and possession football carried over to Germany and essentially improved their key players in Bastian, Boateng, Neuer, Kroos, Muller and Lahm.

People keep talking about how Pep ruined Munich and somehow Munich were going to keep winning the champs league after the retirement of their former manager. Yet, in reality no team won the champs leage in consecutive seasons. The team he acquired was over their peak and guys like Bastian, Ribery, and Robben eventually missed significant time with injuries...

Germany winning the world cup had a lot to due with Pep as did Spain winning the world cup. Pep played Lahm as a midfield player due to default since Bastian took forever to heal and JAvi/Thiago was injured in the beginning....

However, his intensity and possession football carried over to Germany and essentially improved their key players in Bastian, Boateng, Neuer, Kroos, Muller and Lahm.

People keep talking about how Pep ruined Munich and somehow Munich were going to keep winning the champs league after the retirement of their former manager. Yet, in reality no team won the champs leage in consecutive seasons. The team he acquired was over their peak and guys like Bastian, Ribery, and Robben eventually missed significant time with injuries...

Sorry mate, but saying Pep had anything to do with our world cup win is utter crap. Whenever Löw tried some pep-style BS like Lahm in midfield or 3 man defence, it got punished like how we almost crashed out to Algeria with Lahm getting completely overrun in midfield or the Ghana debacle. We won the world cup because of a ten year evolution to create a cohesive unit of technically educated players for modern, tactically mature system. If there had bee a world cup in 2013 we'd won it much more dominant, before Pep wore out the Bayern players with his brainfart tactics that are completely knee-jerk in big games.

Sure Bayern players were at their peak under Jupp more or less, but also players in their best age were better under Heynckes e.g. Boateng, Müller, Lahm have become worse under the Spaniard. Peps tactics are antiquated and temporarily dwelling on its remants cost Bayern dearly and almost cost us the World Cup.

Through both legs Pep lost with bayern against real 5:0 and against barca 5:3. With two heavy defeats. Just a year earlier Bayern won against barca 7:0. I dont think Bayern was guaranteed to win another CL under Heynckess (like you said no team won twice in row). They might even lose in semis or whatever. BUT they wouldnt lose the way Pep did in last two semis.

Bayern had Dante-Boateng pairing and they had generaly superb defence. Pep turned that defense into a joke, despite bringing Benatia. He decided to use Javi as CB while he was beast DM (he eventualy got injured though). He bought Thiago and sold Kroos who was IMO future of pre Pep Bayern.

He improved their passing and perhaps mentality. But he also ruined their speed, their defense, their pressing, their efficiency, their ruthless counter attacks. In short, he turned winning bayern in keep the possession bayern. Winning buli was expected. Even more after Bvb turned shit. If he didnt win that league with team he had, he would be fired before he could say hi.

He brought cosmetic additions to that team, but took everything they needed to win titles; balance.

Not to mention they completely fell apart in recent weeks, and interestingly, Bayern (apart from Robben) had no significant injury crisis before, now under Pep players are injured all the time.

Trust me, everyone will say pre Pep Bayern was better. It was more ''german'' and with Pep, he brought spanish players, spanish philosophy and zero ability to adopt to different tactics. No thanks.

And Pep had nothing to do with German WC. He was instrumental in spain WC, but not german WC win. Since 2010, Germany was guaranteed to win at least one title sooner or later and they did. Almost fucked up when Low tried some Pep ''tactics''.

Heynkess bayern was no perfection either, they lost to basel among others in CL few years ago, but eventualy they became killing machine, adaptable and improving. Pep has yet to do something great with bayern in first place to even discuss which side was better.

Congrats to Barca on a well-deserved league victory.

It's interesting how Real Madrid will likely end up on 92 points even though they took only 4/18 points against Barca, Atleti and Valencia (compared to Barca's 15/18 for the equivalent fixtures). Some unbelievable flat track bullying that in any other league would probably be enough to compensate for such a poor big-game record.

Congrats to Barca on a well-deserved league victory.

It's interesting how Real Madrid will likely end up on 92 points even though they took only 4/18 points against Barca, Atleti and Valencia (compared to Barca's 15/18 for the equivalent fixtures). Some unbelievable flat track bullying that in any other league would probably be enough to compensate for such a poor big-game record.

It's a bit similar with Arsenal, their record vs the bottom half is absolutely insane, thankfully Wenger is clueless in the big games so it don't get them a shot at the title.

It's a bit similar with Arsenal, their record vs the bottom half is absolutely insane, thankfully Wenger is clueless in the big games so it don't get them a shot at the title.

Real's flat track bullying is basically Arsenal on drugs. They've lost only 3 points against teams outside the top 7 this season.

Real's flat track bullying is basically Arsenal on drugs. They've lost only 3 points against teams outside the top 7 this season.

For sure which surprised me a bit because we weren't great at flat track bullying on the whole under Carlo, we had such a good big game record to help us to the title.

Interesting to see who Barcelona brings in with xavi leaving and Iniesta a year older... Under Enrique, Busquets isn't that good as well...

From a football perspective, I would love to see them bring a healthy Gundogan/Verrati/Vidal... I don't think roberto or rafinha will cut it out in barcelona.

Ancelotti sacked :fainthv9:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32877349

Perez is an idiot. For those lacking self-awareness, how Real Madrid is perceived now is very much how people used to (perhaps some still do) perceive Chelsea. A rich idiot for an owner with an itchy firing finger and a club that overpays and buys success.