La Liga Thread

Steve

Joke of a decision.

Now valencia lose a great player for 3 games, because of incompetence

Valencia are only 1 point ahead of Sevilla now. 2 of the 3 games which Otamendi will miss are at home where Valencia are very strong so I think they should be okay without him there. They will struggle to get anything out of the Barca away game without their best defender though.

Oh and Mustafi's not holding back:

I think people here seriously overrate Isco. He is great dribbler and flair player; but thats it.

He isnt real playmaker, tries too much on his own and too hard. Dribbles dribbles that lead into nowhere.

Wont even go into that he cant dictate tempo in big matches.

Thats why James and Modric who are better playmakers play ahead of Isco and Madrid actualy wins the games.

Isco is nice to watch, but I would prefer someone who actualy does things and not just attempts them with million of dribbles. Koke would suit is much more.

Isco IMO is like Cesc 2.0 in big games. If you want another such player, ok.

I think people here seriously overrate Isco. He is great dribbler and flair player; but thats it.

He isnt real playmaker, tries too much on his own and too hard. Dribbles dribbles that lead into nowhere.

Wont even go into that he cant dictate tempo in big matches.

Thats why James and Modric who are better playmakers play ahead of Isco and Madrid actualy wins the games.

Isco is nice to watch, but I would prefer someone who actualy does things and not just attempts them with million of dribbles. Koke would suit is much more.

Isco IMO is like Cesc 2.0 in big games. If you want another such player, ok.

His main flaw is he doesn't have Koke vision to see people's runs and send vertical through passes. This means not a lot of chances created with all his skill. But he has technique, strength to hold the ball under pressure, dribbling, shot power, and ball control.

He's still good but not Koke quality because he's not as creative in keypasses.

I do not understand how some people say that La Liga is the best league in the world ... Real Madrid and Barcelona win their matches walking 90% of the time.

La Liga does not have the excitement of Premier League even close.

Regards.

I do not understand how some people say that La Liga is the best league in the world ... Real Madrid and Barcelona win their matches walking 90% of the time.

Regards.

It's inconcievable imo that some clubs in the Spanish top flight have lower attendances than League One clubs...

Having said that though they know how to knock up a midfielder!

Regards.

While i agree PL is more fun to watch, excitement doesnt mean good fotball. A lot of the excitement in the PL is a result of poor tactics by the managers, most of them know very little about ball pressing or about not allowing space. The game is very open and "fun" compared with La Liga because of that. 13 of the PL managers are British, and most of them are old-fashioned who stuck in the "old game", the problem starts there.

The second reason the La Liga is superior is that.. they have better footballers. The Spanish player is just a lot more talented and technical than the English player. In the PL, players from the bottom table are really hard to look at imo. Horrible skills on the ball, sometimes i think i could play in the PL when i watch those players play, i just need to really work hard and grow some muscle. Off course La Liga have bad players too, and bad teams, but the standart is just more, in case of skill (for the player), and in case of smart-modern tactics (managers). When PL teams will get even richer (all 20 teams), maybe we'll see a change there, because teams would continue to buy talented foreign players.

Real and Barcelona would have walked PL also given the chance. Since Real and Barcelona really took control on European football (with Bayern), there wasnt any PL team who was as strong as them, not a chance. PL strong teams allow their games to be an "excitement" time after time because of their vulnerabilities, they allow teams to control the ball, and their defensive setup is not good enough... they allow the game to get away from them pretty easily because of that. Actually, Chelsea this season didnt allow it too much, we are going in the right direction, and thats because we have skilfull players, but we need a couple of more to be really dominant in games, and we have a fantstic manager.

While i agree PL is more fun to watch, excitement doesnt mean good fotball. A lot of the excitement in the PL is a result of poor tactics by the managers, most of them know very little about ball pressing or about not allowing space. The game is very open and "fun" compared with La Liga because of that. 13 of the PL managers are British, and most of them are old-fashioned who stuck in the "old game", the problem starts there.

The second reason the La Liga is superior is that.. they have better footballers. The Spanish player is just a lot more talented and technical than the English player. In the PL, players from the bottom table are really hard to look at imo. Horrible skills on the ball, sometimes i think i could play in the PL when i watch those players play, i just need to really work hard and grow some muscle. Off course La Liga have bad players too, and bad teams, but the standart is just more, in case of skill (for the player), and in case of smart-modern tactics (managers). When PL teams will get even richer (all 20 teams), maybe we'll see a change there, because teams would continue to buy talented foreign players.

Real and Barcelona would have walked PL also given the chance. Since Real and Barcelona really took control on European football (with Bayern), there wasnt any PL team who was as strong as them, not a chance. PL strong teams allow their games to be an "excitement" time after time because of their vulnerabilities, they allow teams to control the ball, and their defensive setup is not good enough... they allow the game to get away from them pretty easily because of that. Actually, Chelsea this season didnt allow it too much, we are going in the right direction, and thats because we have skilfull players, but we need a couple of more to be really dominant in games, and we have a fantstic manager.

Hi friend!

I agree with you. In global terms La Liga is better tactically and their teams have a higher level in technical quality.

What I wanted to say is that against Real Madrid and Barcelona many teams in Spain play as if they were surrendered / loss before starting the game because many teams in Spain rather lose against Real Madrid and Barcelona and save some energy for other games against more affordable rivals .

I believe that La Liga has more quality and strategy experience and Premier League has more emotion and competitiveness because all teams want to win every game, even against big team.

But I agree in what you say.

Regards.

Hi friend!

I agree with you. In global terms La Liga is better tactically and their teams have a higher level in technical quality.

What I wanted to say is that against Real Madrid and Barcelona many teams in Spain play as if they were surrendered / loss before starting the game because many teams in Spain rather lose against Real Madrid and Barcelona and save some energy for other games against more affordable rivals .

I believe that La Liga has more quality and strategy experience and Premier League has more emotion and competitiveness because all teams want to win every game, even against big team.

But I agree in what you say.

Regards.

I agree with your points as well. There is this feel about some teams who go to play against Real/Barca, like not enough emotion to give a real fight like the English teams.

Another thing, the reasons PL is still more fun to watch for most people are imo those:

1) Better stadiums

2) More crowed, helps for the atmosphere significantly imo.

3) The "international feel" the PL has, compared with the spanish feel in La Liga, is just more intresting and intriguing for most people. La Liga has far less foreign players, in PL you can see players from everywhere...

4) English speaking league

5) That emotion we talked about

• 2 weeks later...

The quality of finishing from Barcelonas frontline is frightening. Just watched 6 quality goals against Getafe. Suarez is a beast, unreal quality.

The best pure striker I've seen since prime henry imo.

Sack Mourinho :ph34r: