La Liga Thread

Steve

A lot of technical quality, which is not surprising, but the defending as a team is sub-par. That is if you count defending as "quality"

Sub-par? You can't compare this kind of defending to defending deep with layers and layers of protection. I've seen some fine defending. We will have to disagree on this.

Real could regret this. So much better.

Football is about one thing more than anything else - Midfield. Off course the team with the better midfield not always win, the tactical aspects and the manager set up are also huge part, but to have the better midfield gets you to 50% of your goal. In terms of pure quality, Real Madrid's trio Modric-Kroos-Isco is head and shoulders above Barca's Iniesta-Mascherano-Rakitic.

I wonder how different the world would be now if Levy would have just given us Modric.

Wouldnt have changed a lot if we didnt have Cesc. We need both. We need another Cesc/Hazard. It could be Koke or an healty Thiago. Although Modric is really wonderfull i agree.

Sub-par? You can't compare this kind of defending to defending deep with layers and layers of protection. I've seen some fine defending. We will have to disagree on this.

There has been a lot of space that both sides have failed to exploit, especially Barcelona. Of course, neither side is used to being attacked so I guess it's understandable.

Wouldnt have changed a lot if we didnt have Cesc. We need both. We need another Cesc/Hazard.

I mean on the real/atletico front. No way they are in the finals last year if he isn't there. Courtois/Costa/Luis might be champions league winners right now :D

On our front his influence might have turned the tide in the league race last season. We still needed a striker though.

What was that about the quality of defending again? Atrocious goal to concede. Laughable amount of space for Suarez. For all the technical quality on display, that's something neither of these sides learn can do properly. Still, a great finish from the Cannibal.