Blackburn vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka really slows the play down sometimes. He dwells on the ball a bit too much when he should be looking to run at defenders. Even against Wolves, his only meaningful contribution was the pass to Zhirkov in the build up to the first goal. Was a passenger for the rest of the time. But I'm pretty sure Carlo will start him over Kalou so meh ...

Agree with you about Anelka. If that guy isn't on his best, he's really frustating to watch. He's one of our fastest players off the bal but simply refuses to use that pace on the ball. But Ancelotti absolutely loves the guy and will always start when fit..

Fair point, but I'd personally start with Ivanovic at right-back and bring Bosingwa and possibly Kalou on to inject some pace into the game if necessary...

Why would you want that, i would rather we played fast full backs to start with we have enough power in the middle.

Malouda's pace is decent, Zhirkov is a lot faster than him. On and off the ball.

Yes but malouda is better technically and he can score in difficult situations, yuri just scores blinders. I would start both of them with yuri down the right wing !

Edited by Badboy

Why would you want that, i would rather we played fast full backs to start with we have enough power in the middle.

Because this is going to be a physical game and Blackburn will be unsettled by pace injected part-way through the game.

Yes but malouda is better technically and he can score in difficult situations, yuri just scores blinders. I would start both of them with yuri down the right wing !

Haha what are you talking about ? We weren't talking about who has more qualities or who should start.

I said Zhirkov is the only player we have with real pace combined with great ball control and Madmax mentioned Malouda. That's when i said Malouda's pace is decent.

Btw, i don't agree with Malouda being better technically. They're on the same level if you ask me.

My lineup would have Ivan at RB, we need his physicality and his crosses ain't too bad either whistling.gif

up front I would have Malouda - Drogba - Kalou / Anelka

midfield with the usual suspects of zhirkov, mikel and essien

that's probably what we'll see today

Difficult game at Ewood park for Chelsea, but we should come out winners may b a narrow 2-1 victory.

Catch all the team news, match preview, pre match interviews and analysis right here.

Yes, right here on TalkChelsea. You've advertised without asking. Ooops!

The formation that would make sense:

Cech
Bosingwa - Alex - Terry - Cole
Essien - Mikel - Zhirkov
Anelka - Drogba - Kalou

Perhaps

Kalou - Drogba - Malouda

giving one or the other a break. I think Zhirkov deserves a start because I think with Ramires back for Wednesday, Zhirkov will be benched.

Yuri has been our best player the last couple of games and certainly deserves to maintain his place in the side. Ancelotti does tend to pick who is playing to form but he does also have his favourites, ie. Lampard, Malouda and Drogba, and they always tend to play when fit.