Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown

James

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i`m not as much a fan as i used to be..they still pretty good but for me the freakier they looked the better music they made...they aren`t the first band to lose their spark and won`t be the last ...i mourn the passing of the old K.O.L..songs like The Bucket,Four Kicks etc..just don`t seem to be in them now they have become stadium rockers,multi-millionaires etc...

i haven`t bought the new album yet but i haven`t been keen on what i`ve heard from it so far..tho K.O.L have never released the best songs off their albums as singles so maybe it`s better than the samples i`ve heard so far.

Actually I think this album is a huge step forward towards their old sound. Radioactive is the only equivalent of 'Sex on Fire' on this album, the rest are just KoL returning to making music like they used to. It may not be as commercially successful as the previous album, but I think that was the whole point.

Really enjoyed the album btw.

Loved their last album and love this one equally. Had it for three weeks as it leaked online but I went to get the CD today; support the band and all that. Good record, stand-out songs are 'The End' 'No Money' and 'Pickup Truck.'

Personally I think it's as good as either of their first two albums. Still some way behind Because of the Times though.

Return of the sellouts I havent heard this album yet but i saw a interview with them saying its going to be a grunge type of album which could be good. Im not holding my breath and expecting anything good though how can you go from making Red Morning Light and Holy Roller Novocaine to Use Somebody.

I really don't get the hate for their new stuff, I really don't. In all honesty I think some of their earlier stuff is so abysmally shite that I haven't listened to it in years. At the end of the day, Kings of Leon are following the Linkin Park formula. You might like their older music, but whether you like it or not, they are moving in a new direction. If they produced five straight albums like 'Youth and Young Manhood' then people would get bored.

You might call them "sell-outs" but I love songs like Closer as much as I do Molly's Chambers, and I'll certainly enjoy listening to the likes of Use Somebody and Sex on Fire when I see them in December. I love the band for their diversity in music.

My favourite KOL songs are King of the Rodeo, The Bucket, Four Kicks, Molly's Chambers, On Call, Fans, Arizona, Black Thumbnail, Closer, Crawl, Notion, as well as The End from the new record. What my point is, is I like the band's music over their whole career and don't get the hate for their 'new sound.' If you don't like the fact they've gone towards a more mainstream musical approach then I don't see how you can like any band because the point of becoming a recording artist is to ultimately make money and gain commercial success.

All good points but from a personal point of view i cant accept a band changing their style as much as they have, i havent heard the album yet only the new single so to soon for me to judge but i have a feeling what its going to be like and its really not my cup of tea. I understand the aim of the game is for success and money but i just think that they completely changed their style that little bit to much. My personal favorite band (MandoDiao) started off a bit like KoL and they to are changing their style which im not impressed with but its still not poppy as KoLs last couple of singles.

A majority of the hate towards the last album came from the band themselves. Remember Reading Fest 09? They stormed off, angry that a large number of fairweather fans came to hear 'Sex on fire' and 'Use somebody'. Caleb said 'We know you're sick of Kings of Leon, and so are we' and then they left. IMO that really shows that they care about their music and how it's received. As far as the last album goes, It was good don't get me wrong (Cold Desert was easily the best song on it), but it felt it was a bit 'easy' for them to make. For example, 'Mary' on the new track is so different and in such a different direction to their old stuff, it really shows that the band is experimenting with a new sound.