Birmingham Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Birmingham City versus Chelsea F.C.

Chelsea F.C. travel to Birmingham City to continue their quest for a third Premier League title in four seasons.

3_florent_393x320.jpg

Florent Malouda scored his first Chelsea league goal against Birmingham in August.

The last time these two teams met in the Premier League, Chelsea triumphed 3-2 thanks to Michael Essien's long-ranged winning goal. With both teams now under now management, a similar scoreline would be much welcomed by the neutral - although both managers would prefer a clean sheet with the two sides having kept just one clean sheet between them in their last four matches.

Match Chat here!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm 1-0.Think this could be a toughie esp with them on a high after Arsenal.They're in good form at the mo but think we can do it and hopfully if its anymore then 1-0 Analka to get one :D erm Pizzaro to score lol just cause we can dream and he scored last time against them...please lol gotta get another one eventully

Edited by Layla

nah, this could definitely be a game we slip up on, this will no way be easy. We don't tend to play well there and they are not a bad team atm. Yes, a win is imperative but i can see this being a very frustrating draw, either 0-0 or 1-1. On paper, yeah we should win, but it's not always as easy as that.

Birmingham held Arse away and got a great draw - it's always footballing sod's law that a bottom tier team who plays out of it's skin one week and gains a result that you weren't expecting promptly falls flat on it's face and gets whipped the next.

Arsenal were the victims this week but we will be the beneficiary next.

A comfortable 2-0 or 3-0 win to Chelsea.

A game we should definately be looking to walk away with all the points.

For the first time in ages we have a weeks game until this game which is a big boost, it will give the players a chance to rest and re-charge their batteries and also it will give us a chance to see if we can get some more players back to fitness.

The word on the street is that Fergie has been giving McCleish the low down on the other teams in the Prem. McCLeish mentioned in an interview that he had words with Fergie recently and the Arsenal game cropped up in conversation.

Now with Fergie and McCleish having ties with each other that go back to when Fergie was manager of Aberdeen, It wouldnt surprise me if Birmingham go out to stifle us as they done with the Gooners. Fergie has no doubt given him plenty of information on us and how to play against us, so I'm not expecting us to win this game so easily as others may expect.

We will need to hit them with an early goal to throw up in the air and plans Big Eck has of trying to get something from the game. To keep in contention with them other two......this is a must win game. The more points we pick up now the better position we will be in come the return of our missing players either from injury or ACON duty.

Pizarro is injured apparently so it looks like Anelka will be starting up front.

I'll be happy with a 1-0 win :thumbsup:

Now with Fergie and McCleish having ties with each other that go back to when Fergie was manager of Aberdeen, It wouldnt surprise me if Birmingham go out to stifle us as they done with the Gooners. Fergie has no doubt given him plenty of information on us and how to play against us, so I'm not expecting us to win this game so easily as others may expect.

Birmingham will of course try to stop us from playing and try to do us on the counter attack. But as for Fergie giving tips on us, he hasn't exactly had the most luck in stopping us from playing in recent years has he :)

Interesting Tri Blue about McCleish being Fergusons ally. Arsenals luck was against them with Brum, and West Ham won there as well.

Fairly certain Anelka will open his account this game, and 3 points bagged.

It's a big game for Anelka now, he will 100% start now that Pizarro has taken a knock and he will need to show that he can do it for us for 90 mins and be an asset to the team even if he doesn't score, although i believe he probably will.

2003/2004

Birmingham 0-0 Chelsea

2004/2005

Birmingham 0-1 Chelsea (and we were very lucky that day)

2005/2006

Birmingham 0-0 Chelsea

Tight games, will be close and will be tough. I think a draw but we could also win 1 or 2-0. Its a hard one to predict. Depends how lucky they get.

Can see this being a really tight game, they are gonna be hard to break-down.

With Pizzaro injured Anelka will be up front for the full 90, hopefully he will open his account in style.

I'll go for 1-0 Anelka to score midway through second half.