LDN Blue

There are loads of players out of form: Rooney, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Carroll etc etc etc, I named mainly Chelsea players because I couldn't care less how other club's players are doing. And yet only Torres getting the stick. I hate media, British media especially. They hype their own players to the skies (Ashley Young, who is good player, certainly not even close to being one of the best wingers in EPL, diver, arrogant twat) and yet feast on the likes of Torres because it brings in cash. I do like Torres' attitude though, instead of returning blows he just takes it and moves on,only way how to go on really. Hope he bags a few soon!<br><br>Love the way how pool fans ABSOLUTELY DESPERATELY defend themselves after buying Carroll for nearly 40mil (35+adds) That deal makes Torres for 50 sound like a bargain.<br>

Watched the France game. Once again Malouda was dreadful... I don't know whether he will last long in the starting XI. And I fear the altruistic Malouda is six feet deep.

Ominous for Chelsea. Maybe he's just burnt out? The selfishness is probably his desperation to try and force himself out of whatever slump he's currently in. But it's backfiring and not looking too good for him.

Yes, I had heard he's not been on form. Even the greatest Spanish striker can go through a bad patch. There's hope yet for the return of Torres' form.

Shame that Raul lost that title.

Seriously?

I think that Xavi and Xabi are better than him. He has a very good ball control, his shooting and finishing are great too. Just don't think that his vision isn't comparable with their.

Was he captain?

Didn't you guys have Ribery back for this one?

No he wasn't. The captain was Nasri.

Yeah Ribery, and Evra as well, were back and both started the game. We played in a 4-2-3-1 shape, Malouda was on the left wing and Ribery on the right. Well, it didn't really work for Ribery in the first half. In the second he switched his place with Malouda, he looked better on the left, though he was still quite mediocre ! And I think if he (Malouda) keeps performing like this, he will soon let his place to Ribery.

Overall this game was a reminiscence of Domenech era :lol: (i don't know whether I should cry or laugh).

Ominous for Chelsea. Maybe he's just burnt out? The selfishness is probably his desperation to try and force himself out of whatever slump he's currently in. But it's backfiring and not looking too good for him.

Well, I don't know whether he is just burnt out or he is definitely finished. All I know is that he is really in a poor form and he should fix it quickly. And believe me, if he still is a starting player for France, this is just because of his rep (I mean because he was good last year).

If he's benched both at Chelsea and France, I wonder what will be the effects on him...

Ribery looks out of it lately. Even in the Bayern games vs Inter Milan he looked quite average and not near what he was hyped. That under-age prostitution thing really has taken its toll on his football it seems. He's 26 though, so he's got time to improve on that.

Ribery looks out of it lately. Even in the Bayern games vs Inter Milan he looked quite average and not near what he was hyped. That under-age prostitution thing Constantly getting injured and never being 100% fit for over a year really has taken its toll on his football it seems. He's 26 though, so he's got time to improve on that.

Fixed that for you ;).

It's a shame really. He's such an amazing player when on form. It looks like he's slowly coming back though, he was great vs Hamburg two weeks ago and saved Bayern vs Freiburg I think last week.

We were bloody awful. The only player showing some commitment was Cech, made at least three good saves and almost saved a penalty. Felt sorry for him. And then I was angry with him! Nando's shot in the dying minutes should have gone in Petr!! :lol:

This video sums up our performance

Bit strange to see Lampard wearing number 7 shirt. Bloody Wilshere stole it from him.

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

Seriously ?! Can't believe it... What a little cunt without any kind of respect. When Gallas has critisized arsenal's youth because they don't respect the old players, I thought he was just a bitter man, but I see what he meant now...

I think that Xavi and Xabi are better than him. He has a very good ball control, his shooting and finishing are great too. Just don't think that his vision isn't comparable with their.

They are three different players and have their strengths and weaknesses. Iniesta is a great player and I don't see the point in comparing him to the other two.

I like Xabi very much but disagree with Del Bosque's usual 2 holding midfielders formation, especially against weak teams. It's too cautious and yes, they are World Champions, but the fluidity, speed and flair of the Euro winning team is in hibernation most of the time. I think Del Bosque should stick with Busquets and then go with Cazorla, Silva or Fabergas if he's willing to help out in the midlfield. Spain made the decision to go with tika-taka when they lost to France in WC2006 even though they had played brilliant exciting football. It was of course the right thing to do for Spain but not so great individually for Torres' game. You can see how he looks more and more awkward with the national team as the play becomes more and more pensive. In 2008 the tika taka was much faster and incisive. Del Bosque's version is so much slower. It worked well enough for the World Cup but Germany is going to be much better in 2012 and the Netherlands may be better too. I can see Del Bosque's cautious and slower approach failing if the rivals are improving rapidly.

Xavi says Nando's introduction at half-time won the game for Spain.

Where did you see this? I'm glad his teammates are backing him even if Del Bosque isn't. Xabi Alonso said a great player is still a great player even if he hasn't scored a goal in reference to Torres. He's getting slaughtered in Marca and AS after last night's performance.

Villa has said he loves playing with Torres. And demonstration of that was in the opening game of Euro 2008 when Torres unselfishly served up a sitter for Villa's first goal. Villa went on to get a hat-trick, with the 3rd after Torres had been subbed. After the 3rd goal, Villa ran by his teammates on the pitch and the ones on the bench to hug a slightly surprised Torres to thank him.

They are three different players and have their strengths and weaknesses. Iniesta is a great player and I don't see the point in comparing him to the other two.

I like Xabi very much but disagree with Del Bosque's usual 2 holding midfielders formation, especially against weak teams. It's too cautious and yes, they are World Champions, but the fluidity, speed and flair of the Euro winning team is in hibernation most of the time. I think Del Bosque should stick with Busquets and then go with Cazorla, Silva or Fabergas if he's willing to help out in the midlfield. Spain made the decision to go with tika-taka when they lost to France in WC2006 even though they had played brilliant exciting football. It was of course the right thing to do for Spain but not so great individually for Torres' game. You can see how he looks more and more awkward with the national team as the play becomes more and more pensive. In 2008 the tika taka was much faster and incisive. Del Bosque's version is so much slower. It worked well enough for the World Cup but Germany is going to be much better in 2012 and the Netherlands may be better too. I can see Del Bosque's cautious and slower approach failing if the rivals are improving rapidly.

Yeah agree, Germans are much more dangerous when they are on the attack, although they are a bit more defensive too. Silva, Cazorla and Navas played well against Columbia, they were much more direct.

I liked the Spain from Euro 08. They were rally an attacking minded team.

:lol: that bad huh?!

Even worse. We had two shots I think - one was that goal and the second when we gave them back the ball, as they had cleared it to treat some injured player. Have to say, they are sooo soft, after every tackle, they just fell down holding their feet etc.