LDN Blue

Just absolutely incredible! All through this tournament I've had a Munich feeling about this u-21 side. Winning the whole thing against the odds with a fantastic fighting spirit and impressive tactical discipline!

Couldn't agree more with you! I have to hand it to Sweden for keeping their wits about them and forming a resilient defence throughout!

Very Mourinho-esque isn't it? I wonder if he was watching anywhere ;)

Very Mourinho-esque isn't it? I wonder if he was watching anywhere ;)

Hah, Id assume so. I guess he's pissed that Portugal lost, altough now perhaps he feels the pain of facing his own tactics :P.

Hah, Id assume so. I guess he's pissed that Portugal lost, altough now perhaps he feels the pain of facing his own tactics :P.

Maybe he was also impressed that Sweden beat his native team, and wouldn't mind signing some players up, most notably, Lindelöf, who plays in Portugal! ;)

Tbh before the tournament I wasn't very updated how swedens youth players were doing, since most are playing for half decent sides in the 2nd or 3rd 'tier' leagues of europe. But the one whos impressed me the most is definetly Oscar Lewicki, what an engine that guy is! Hopefully he'll get a move to a bigger league soon.

Lindelöf wasn't even in the original team if I remember correctly. Only got called up when Krafth got injured, so he has suprised alot of people.

None of them are obviously good enough for a top PL side yet (or prob never will be) imo, let alone Chelsea. But hey, one can hope! :)

None of them are obviously good enough for a top PL side yet (or prob never will be) imo, let alone Chelsea. But hey, one can hope! :)

Yeah that's the reality of it really.. I would love it if one day Chelsea signed a Swedish player, even if it did end up being Ibrahimovic (which is unlikely because of Falcao's imminent arrival).. the best we've been able to muster in the last few years are Magnus Hedman (who never played a single game) and Amin Affane!

At least there's Hedvig Lindahl for the ladies I suppose! :P

Yeah that's the reality of it really.. I would love it if one day Chelsea signed a Swedish player, even if it did end up being Ibrahimovic (which is unlikely because of Falcao's imminent arrival).. the best we've been able to muster in the last few years are Magnus Hedman (who never played a single game) and Amin Affane!

At least there's Hedvig Lindahl for the ladies I suppose! :P

What happend to Guidetti? He looked promising few years ago at Feyenoord.

What happend to Guidetti? He looked promising few years ago at Feyenoord.

He got ill after eating some bad chicken and was basically out for more than a year and had trouble recovering. This season he was on loan at Celtic and did quite well untill he decided not to sign for them permanently and got benched. He is now a bosman after city releasing him.

Lately there's been talk of Lazio, Sevilla and Sporting, hopefully he'll end up at one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...