LDN Blue

The way the English constantly overrate their young players it just winds me up. You listen to the British Media and you would think they have our very own Marco Van Basten on their hands. I hope England never win anything..... One thing the whole world can agree on is an English victory in a major tournament would be a disaster you wouldn't hear the end of it they are just like Liverpool FC but on a macro level !

U mean like tottenham...

The clock stopped in 1966.

We have seen some terrible football since then but also some very good teams.

But no luck for England.

Between Italy 1990, England (euro) 1996, Japan 2002 they were surely entitled to win one ! But lost all three.

The English football Chelsea style is good.

Arsenal are the ones at the other end of the spectrum who usually think it is about who will kick the ball higher in the air.

Add Germany 2006 to that. England had Lampard, Gerrard in their prime Michael Owne when he still was good, Rooney, Bekcham, JT, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole most in or around their prime. Next to France 1998, Italy 2006, Brazil 2002 and Spain 2010 the individually greatest international squad I have seen in my lifetime.

The thing about England is they always underachieve in proportion. They needed the golden generation to narrowly exit in the quarters, so it is no surprise that the current side full of average footballers, most too young or too old won't make it out of the group stage.

Wow, surprised someone here remembers him.

It's gonna be awesome for Belgium, i agree.

Of course I remember him :) I followed the reserves team back then. Sahar, Cork, Stoch, Di Santo, Sinclair and Hutchinson were all born in '89, they played toghether, I thought they would make it here.

Israel started the qualifications pretty well(I know the opponents were not that strong), I hope they apply themselves. I expect a great game.

It's hard to tell which team would have deserved to win. Greek were dominating, posessing the ball. Also, they were playing a lot in our third of the pitch but didn't have big chances. We were poor but we had some great oppurtunities to score, especially in the 88th minute, our striker missed the goal from 4-5 meters. None of the the teams can be satisfied in my opinion, we both needed 3 points.

Did you hear about this? It's pretty sad: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/3-greek-soccer-players-slightly-hurt-hungary-taxi-131113807--sow.html

Yes. That's so unfortunate. The players are fine but the driver didn't make it.

Chellini's grapple on Kane was fucking criminal

Italian defenders are absolutely cynical. Its like an art form in Italy...

What is essentially Italy's second team is thoroughly outplaying and beating England.

:lol:

Yeah any team that plays Phil Jones, Fabian Delph and Theo Walcott deserves to get beat. How they are international footballers I'll never fucking know.

Wow Kompany is such a dick with that shot from long after bouncing the ball on his knee (like ten minutes in the game)... never seen anything like that. And he's the captain, thats Man City for you i guess.

Should have been 3-0. Hazard is doing whatever he wants.

To be fair this isn't by any means England's strongest XI. Kane, Jones, Smalling & Walcott aren't regulars.

Also doesn't help when you have a dinosaur with no tactical understanding as manager.