LDN Blue

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Australia not racist

How many times ahve you visited Australia?

How many Australians do you know?

How many Australians of different cultures, religions and ethnicities do you know?

How much time have spent absorbing Australian culture?

Do you have a steeped knowledge of Australian history?

Have you spent time within Aboriginal communities in rural areas?

Thanks for your judgement.

Rich coming from an American. How is the Martin incident and Ferguson riots treating race relations in America? Rate your own country before talking about others.

All valid points, it's the same here. I was just getting caught up in the stereotype.

My mate works up in Kununurra flying aboriginals to and from town, apparently it's real bad for racism etc up there.

That is probably due to local incidents, it's not like the entirety of Indigenous Australian hates the immigrated and vice versa. A tension between the Indigenous peoples of North-Western Australia and everyone else. Insular issues not caused by institutionalised racism. The Indigenous peoples are probably mad that their ancestor's land was taken from them and the everyone else is probably mad that the Indigenous people are living off goverment handouts, and they just coast through life drinking, smoking weed and sniffing petrol. I've seen it a hundred times in many different towns. It's sad but there are many programs run by Indigenous people that trying to turn this destructive culture many Indigenous people have adopted by helping them integrate into modern society whilst maintaining many cultures and history.

There are some pretty bad role models in the media for Indigenous youth. People like Greg Inglis get off with throwing a bottle at a woman, that doesn't preach very well to all the youngsters that look up to him. And I'll tell you this Indigenous youth in Queensland worship rugby players.

In the end some communites are fucking terrible, that have almost no hope of recovery. They are so far gone it's incredibly sad. But at the very least there is effort from the Indigenous people themselves and the government to make a difference. At the end of the day, some people are willing to work for an honest life and other are content wasting away on government hand outs just to drink bleach and petrol.

@Kieran.,

are you going to answer my questions mate, or are just wanking me around? Really curious to know your opinions on Australian race relations. You have the gall to call an entire nation racist, with each person in it's entirety. I can't wait to know why I fucking hate people that aren't white. While, I'm at it, I'll go tell the s/o I hate her ethnicity and heritage.

MY first sporting heroes .. Don Bradman and Tony Paskins ... :D

Sir Don was apparently a bit of a sook but you can't deny that 99.94 ba. :worship2: When I was a boy, I really like Gilespie, Waugh, Gilchrist and Oooh Ahhh Glen McGragh. Cricket in general missed those Aussies that played in the 80s and 90s.

I miss playing cricket in school. Shame they don't appreciate where I live now. :(

Sir Don was apparently a bit of a sook but you can't deny that 99.94 ba. :worship2: When I was a boy, I really like Gilespie, Waugh, Gilchrist and Oooh Ahhh Glen McGragh. Cricket in general missed those Aussies that played in the 80s and 90s.

I miss playing cricket in school. Shame they don't appreciate where I live now. :(

this world cup is amazing .. the scoring rates are out of this world ,, BUT i lost big when the Windies lost to the Paddies and not bet on the WC since ..

HOPE you stuff those birds that cant fly tho ... Read your heroes but where was WARNE .. I thought he was fantastic

Besides the UK and Australia, cricket is only popular in Asia, isn't it? I have many friends in Europe but I've literally never heard anyone mention cricket or seen people playing it. Maybe I should learn the rules and give it a try. Is it any good? :D

Besides the UK and Australia, cricket is only popular in Asia, isn't it? I have many friends in Europe but I've literally never heard anyone mention cricket or seen people playing it. Maybe I should learn the rules and give it a try. Is it any good? :D

No try golf instead ,,, You need to be born into cricket

this world cup is amazing .. the scoring rates are out of this world ,, BUT i lost big when the Windies lost to the Paddies and not bet on the WC since ..

HOPE you stuff those birds that cant fly tho ... Read your heroes but where was WARNE .. I thought he was fantastic

Love Warney now but when I was a boy was around the time he was getting into all sorts of trouble. Sexually haressing women and what not. Hard for a youngster to look up to a player when the player is up to all sorts of mischief. Always really liked Brett Lee, too. I thought he always came through in the ODIs a little better.

I'm gutted I've missed so much of the world cup. It's hard when the matches start at 11am. I will have to watch the final . Mustn't forget.

It's very popular in the carribean, southern Africa and don't forget Australia's brother across the sea; New Zealand. Brian Lara one of the best batsmen came from Trinidad and Tobago.

If you can find someone to play with try it. All you really need is someone to bowl and bat with one set of wickets. Just take turns at hitting the ball.

My friends and I used to use a rubbish bin and a tennis racquet as wickets and a bat respectively. :D

No try golf instead ,,, You need to be born into cricket

I meant watch it, not play it :) I don't believe there is one single cricket team here.

If you can find someone to play with try it. All you really need is someone to bowl and bat with one set of wickets. Just take turns at hitting the ball.

My friends and I used to use a rubbish bin and a tennis racquet as wickets and a bat respectively. :D

I was thinking about watching it, sorry if I wasn't clear. I like getting to know new sports. In the last few years a became a huge baseball and american football fan. I hardly ever sleep since then. :)

Love Warney now but when I was a boy was around the time he was getting into all sorts of trouble. Sexually haressing women and what not. Hard for a youngster to look up to a player when the player is up to all sorts of mischief. Always really liked Brett Lee, too. I thought he always came through in the ODIs a little better.

I'm gutted I've missed so much of the world cup. It's hard when the matches start at 11am. I will have to watch the final . Mustn't forget.

It's very popular in the carribean, southern Africa and don't forget Australia's brother across the sea; New Zealand. Brian Lara one of the best batsmen came from Trinidad and Tobago.

When I was a boy England had the best Footballers and team in the world and The Aussies had the best cricketers ...

this is from memory Australia to England 1948

Barnes Morris Bradman Hasset ... Harvey Miller Tallon Johnston Johnson Toshack ..... FUCK Ive lost one ... google him

watch the 20 .. 20 games they are like penalty shoot outs

When I was a boy England had the best Footballers and team in the world and The Aussies had the best cricketers ...

this is from memory Australia to England 1948

Barnes Morris Bradman Hasset ... Harvey Miller Tallon Johnston Johnson Toshack ..... FUCK Ive lost one ... google him

FFS Ray LINDWALL think he battted at 9 possibly one of the all the all time great fast bowlers