LDN Blue

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but I really don't understand why Thiago Silva is so highly rated. Yeah, he's a good defender but the way majority of the world rate him as the unanimous best in the world doesn't make sense to me. Apart from that one penalty Luiz gave away he was miles better than him the entire tournament, even so in that same game Silva made an even worse mistake.

I've watched a lot of PSG games too and even in Paris he's been good but not as dominant as people make him out to be. And, really it's hard to rate a CB best in the world, I really think people should rate partnerships instead. Look at Dante, no one even knew who he was and one season at Bayern and suddenly he's world class?

Because of his positioning, leadership, reading of the game, and most importantly because of his quality and composure on the ball under pressure. Sure you can bring up the pass to Marcelo that resulted in Uruguay's goal, but apart from that he had a perfect tournament. Every player makes mistakes against the world's best, it's just that when you are in defense they are there for all of the world to see. Look at Hummels, Pique, Ramos, and Kompany in major tournaments and league games, who make them much more often, and are still considered the best in the world. Thiago is head and shoulders above them.

And Dante was world class before his one season at Bayern (the reason they bought him), as anyone who follows German football can tell you.

The problem is that Belgium have no tradition compared to Argentina and Italy. Something that really counts in the World Cup...

I think Belgium will be a very, very top contender in Euro 2016; but they are too young and lack experience to get far (semi-final or higher) in 2014. (IMO)

Also. You have an elephant penis.

:Goober:

No team can be considered best in the world if you dont beat Brazil motherfuckers...

Teams to look out in 2014, in order of favoritism:

1) Germany

2) Brazil

3) Spain

4) Argentina

5) Italy

6) Belgium

7) England

8) France

9) Colombia

10) Russia

11) Uruguay

Netherlands+v+Brazil+2010+FIFA+World+Cup

You never know..

Holland may have got to the final last time but look at them in the Euro's and they didn't even look that great getting to the world cup final in truth. I personally believe the list is not that inaccurate. I'd maybe swap Russia with Holland because there's no way Russia will do anything but i fancy the South American teams to flourish the most. I'd back Brazil followed by Argentina. I also don't fancy Italy. Colombia are a great shout, they have some serious players. I'd back Colombia for the semi's.

I'd even fancy Portugal ahead of us, Italy and Holland.

Holland may have got to the final last time but look at them in the Euro's and they didn't even look that great getting to the world cup final in truth. I personally believe the list is not that inaccurate. I'd maybe swap Russia with Holland because there's no way Russia will do anything but i fancy the South American teams to flourish the most. I'd back Brazil followed by Argentina. I also don't fancy Italy. Colombia are a great shout, they have some serious players. I'd back Colombia for the semi's.

In terms of quality of the players, Netherlands is one of the best NTs. If they can find the right system, they can beat anyone. You seriously think that England have a better chance at winning the WC than Holland?

England and Holland both equally have no chance. Holland used to be the Spain of European football but they could never put it together on the big stage. Only Germany and Spain will challenge from Europe.

England and Holland both equally have no chance. Holland used to be the Spain of European football but they could never put it together on the big stage. Only Germany and Spain will challenge from Europe.

I do not think either is going to win it, but if I had to chose who has a better chance at doing so, I'd say Holland without hesitation simply because the quality of players they have is better.

Netherlands?

I will be honest and admit I forgot about them! :lol:

However, I dont fancy them at all. They are rebuilding and I dont think they will go far at all...

I will be honest and admit I forgot about them! :lol:

However, I dont fancy them at all. They are rebuilding and I dont think they will go far at all...

I don't think they'll go far either, but I also think that logically, you have to give them more chance of than Russia and Colombia at least.

I don't think they'll go far either, but I also think that logically, you have to give them more chance of than Russia and Colombia at least.

Then I think you are vastly underestimating both teams...

Here is the thing, those are my top10 (which ended up being 11) teams for 2014. I dont claim to be right, neither I want to, but that is just a little excercise I did in the morning with some friends!

I agree nations like Holland or Portugal can pull out an upset, but this is just my own opinion!

:)

Then I think you are vastly underestimating both teams...

Here is the thing, those are my top10 (which ended up being 11) teams for 2014. I dont claim to be right, neither I want to, but that is just a little excercise I did in the morning with some friends!

I agree nations like Holland or Portugal can pull out an upset, but this is just my own opinion!

:)

I fully realize that, but I was just trying to debate with you why you think those two have a better chance than Holland. I think when you look at player quality alone, especially in attack, you have to put Holland ahead of them, for me at least.

Netherlands+v+Brazil+2010+FIFA+World+Cup

You never know..

I really hope that the Oranje will be a force to be reckoned with in a years time - always been my favourite team apart from Estonia of course. Will surely go watch them play when Estonia and Holland meet this year 6th September.

You're an Englishman and I'd hate to have a dig, but England can't be even compared to Holland. Sorry, mate.