Neymar

the wes

Yes, my whole post was about the marketing values of the players and not about how good they are on the pitch, can't really compare their abilities as Neymar still plays at Santos. Until Neymar has the balls to join one of the big European clubs or performs well at international level (WC 2014 at the earliest, I won't judge him based on the friendlies and the Confederations Cup) people can't honesty say Neymar is already at the level of Messi and Ronaldo, the world's two best players.

The way I see it, Neymar is much like Hazard was at Lille. The Brazilian league is up there with the Ligue1 imo, but both are somewhat behind the EPL, La Liga and the Bundesliga. The potential of the players is definitely there and everyone knows it but they can't be compared with the best until they've taken the final step and started playing with the big boys. Hazard has now taken that step and hasn't disappointed, now is the time for Neymar to do the same, be it with Chelsea or someone else.

To my personal opinion Neymar will likely need a bit more time than Hazard to adapt. His potential might be better than Hazard's, it might not, I find that hard to say. But the way he plays currently wouldn't work in almost any somewhat decent European competition. You just don't get that much space and time, except perhaps in the Netherlands. The ligue 1 is defensively quite a bit better than the brazilian one, not only when it comes to the quality of the players, but even more when it comes to tactical organisation. It also has a higher pace.

However there are few players (and we already have two of those!) who are considered to have the potential to become a Messi or Ronaldo level player. Neymar might have it and even if has not, he certainly has talents in abundance. I'd be overjoyed if he joined. But he will need time. Probably more so than Hazard if you ask me. But it would indeed be mouthwatering to have Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Neymar in one team. Especially as time passes and them growing to their potential. They might make us a new Barçelona in a few years as we have multiple possible world beaters.

And sure he is marketable, and that will only increase in time. And even at the beginning it will pay of quite a bit as well. Brazil is a big market on its own (it has a population comparable to the US or Europe).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is small but he is quick on his feet and can dribble like a teenager in a strip club. His blonde hair is stupid, but I don't think he is. A little prat on the pitch but a good lad on it. He has confidence to do the audacious but looks afraid to fail a lot of the time. Too much expectations on such small shoulders, Brasil ask too much of the fella. I wouldn't say no to him at Chelsea, he strength doesn't worry me, I'm curious about his stamina. I don't want another fleet footed magician that gets exhauster after an hour. Too much sitting not enough cardio.

You don't have to be worried about his stamina. He plays A LOT, he runs a lot and he never gets injuried. Last season he would play for the NT and take a flight to play for Santos the following day. He was the top player in Santos's Soccer Fitness Test in the beginning of brazilian season: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/santos/noticia/2013/01/voando-neymar-bate-propria-marca-e-e-o-mais-resistente-do-santos.html

He is superb physically, despite looking so frail. What worries me most about Neymar is his confidence. He's the type of player who shines by taking on players, creating space with dribbling and pace, if his confidence is a bit low he's not nearly close to the player he is hyped to be.

Yeah, but Neymar is more lightweight. Hazard at least has some muscle/fat I dunno on unlike Neymar - skin and bones basically.

Hazard outweighs him by about +10kgs and Neymar is taller as well....

Yeah cause trying all your complicated tricks on good defenders is the smartest thing to do.

i knew for a long time he had'nt the top level. he was good against shit defences in brazil but in europe he does nothing

Keep seeing Neymar would be useful as he could provide width on the right. Bullshit. Hes an inverted forward who comes in off the left. If we want a young talented player capable of stretching teams, look no further than Columbia's alternative to Cristano Ronaldo: James Rodriguez, what a player he could be. Naturally left footed capable of playing on the left, right and as a number 10 too. Would cost 25-30 million but still a cheaper alternative to Neymar.

Keep seeing Neymar would be useful as he could provide width on the right. Bullshit. Hes an inverted forward who comes in off the left. If we want a young talented player capable of stretching teams, look no further than Columbia's alternative to Cristano Ronaldo: James Rodriguez, what a player he could be. Naturally left footed capable of playing on the left, right and as a number 10 too. Would cost 25-30 million but still a cheaper alternative to Neymar.

Jup but unfortunely James is slow as fuck compared to Neymar or Hazard.

He'd cost more and he's on United's radar, but I'd love him at Chelsea

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You