test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloody

Homosexuality in Football

Started by bloody,

156 posts in this topic

If they come out, they will get abused from all sides. The media, papers and fans will have field days. Keep it in and just get on with your jobs people. Although i am kinda curious who is gay, bet Arsenal have a good few...

jteezy likes this

The scary thing is you get footballers beating up their wives and thugs like Stevie ME knocking out DJ's in a night club yet they get branded heroes but one's that come out as gay would get endless shit.

You think its bad in general try living in Devon, there still living in the 80's, any-one that isnt deemed as "normal" is instantly public enemy number 1 (one of my mates got jumped for wearing a pink shirt on a night out mouthclosed.gif), the sooner i move away from this fucking place the better.

bloody likes this

I am not homophobic, but I do have a problem with gays who are overly flamboyant about it. It's like the overpowering Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Italians, etc. who mention it every single day. The ones who fit every single notion that you may have. It's like they're playing into a stereotype and are happy to do so.

That being said, I think if a top-level footballer came out he would receive abuse. Chants and all.

And just for kicks, I would like to place a guess on the Premier League and World Cup star mentioned in the October article: Fabregas.

The changing rooms problem is a logical one though. :chai:

I'm sexual attracted to females, Yet I'm not allowed to get changed with them. Why should gay people be treated differently.

But at the same time you could say if men and women are allowed to get legally married and share morgates why cant 2 men and 2 women aswell?

Well world will always be unfair 1 way or another.

BlueLion. and nofreakingway like this

The changing rooms problem is a logical one though. :chai:

I'm sexual attracted to females, Yet I'm not allowed to get changed with them. Why should gay people be treated differently.

That's practically advocating homosexual ostracism in my book.

Apparently one in ten men are secretly gay, so on that basis we have 2 gay players in our squad already. How many do we have on TC???. Before you say it i am not and have 2 kids to prove it!!!

Apparently one in ten men are secretly gay, so on that basis we have 2 gay players in our squad already. How many do we have on TC???. Before you say it i am not and have 2 kids to prove it!!!

Good cover :rolleyes:

BlueLion. likes this

Well Gay -stands for Good As You.

I think this thread highlights why it's so hard for football players to come out.

So many comments about rival teams players being queer as though its some kind of stigma .

Well Gay -stands for Good As You.

I think this thread highlights why it's so hard for football players to come out.

So many comments about rival teams players being queer as though its some kind of stigma .

Graeme Le Saux and Ken Monkou??????

I don't know if any of you guys have read this, but this is Graeme Le Saux writing about how gay slurs almost wrecked his playing career. Pretty sad read, albeit a long one.

http://www.timesonli...icle2419068.ece

Le Saux himself says he isn't gay, but it really doesn't matter. A person should never be treated like that.

I don't know if any of you guys have read this, but this is Graeme Le Saux writing about how gay slurs almost wrecked his playing career. Pretty sad read, albeit a long one.

http://www.timesonli...icle2419068.ece

Le Saux himself says he isn't gay, but it really doesn't matter. A person should never be treated like that.

Fact of the matter is - it should be treated no differently to Racism but it is not....