Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

I think we will be able to win this game, we are so very strong this season. Would like to see Bosingwa back in action for this one. The midfield picks itself again and hopefully Ramires has another good game in an attacking sense. And if Terry isn't fit then Bruma certainly will be and i would have no problems seeing him line up in the back 4.

I agree with Badboy, i fancy us for a 2 - 0 win, Drogba having had a good break i expect him to do some damage, so both goals to Drogba :)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT fit. Bosingwa on the bench. Lamps, Drogba, Sturridge OUT. Kakuta starts.

Cech

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - A.Cole

Essien - Mikel - Ramires

Kakuta - Anelka - Malouda

7 for the bench? Turnbull, Bruma, van Aanholt, Zhirkov, Bosingwa, McEachran, Borini?

Why is Drogs out i only seen the end of the interview?

Also at the end of the Interview Carlo was asked about Kakuta staying on but he looked really annoyed. Did someone piss him off or something?

Drogba out? huh.gif

'Frank Lampard is not available, Drogba is not available, Sturridge is not available, Kalou is not available, Alex is not available, Benayoun is not available, Terry is available,' reported manager Carlo Ancelotti, who also named his line-up for the game at Villa Park.

'The line-up will be Cech, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Terry and Cole, Ramires, Essien and Mikel, strikers Kakuta, Malouda and Anelka.'

And our chances have taken a massive hit. I'd be happy with a point.

Our squad is still very strong. We can still pick up all 3 points. At least it is something different and they may not know how to play against this squad. Im confident in the squad. Going to be interesting to see who is on the bench.

Said he'd give Bosingwa would be ready for 30 minutes tomorrow but won't travel to Moscow. So perhaps 60 minutes or so against Wolves next weekend?

Im confident in the squad. Going to be interesting to see who is on the bench.

The 7 I named are about the only 7 there are. Only really others that have a slight shot of making it on there are Jacob Mellis or maybe someone like Gokhan Tore/Jacopo Sala.

Agree with you Steve. Alot of people here were happy with the likes of Carvalho and Ballack moving on in order to give some of these squad players a chance, and here is that chance. We could struggle tomorrow, or the likes of Kakuta could have a blinder. We'll see.

Said he'd give Bosingwa would be ready for 30 minutes tomorrow but won't travel to Moscow. So perhaps 60 minutes or so against Wolves next weekend?

The 7 I named are about the only 7 there are. Only really others that have a slight shot of making it on there are Jacob Mellis or maybe someone like Gokhan Tore/Jacopo Sala.

Agree with you Steve. Alot of people here were happy with the likes of Carvalho and Ballack moving on in order to give some of these squad players a chance, and here is that chance. We could struggle tomorrow, or the likes of Kakuta could have a blinder. We'll see.

This is there chance to impress and i think they can do a good job! Most chelsea fans will be a bit nervy but that is too be expected. Remember its going to be a lot more nerve racking for the actual youngsters on the field. But lets hope the fans get behind them and show faith in them and give them that confidence boost that they will need!

Our squad is still very strong. We can still pick up all 3 points. At least it is something different and they may not know how to play against this squad. Im confident in the squad. Going to be interesting to see who is on the bench.

I feel we'll miss Drogs a lot. They have some really strong defenders and Anelka is no match for them physically. You could argue that we won there back in 08-09 with Anelka scoring the lone goal, but it was Lampard's brilliance that made that goal possible. And we won't have Lamps tomorrow. We also had to defend for our lives in the second half that time. In addition, Villa are great at set-pieces and Drogs is always a factor while we're defending corners or whatever.

Ofcourse I'm happy that the likes of Kakuta and Co will get chances, but I wonder if right now it's a bridge too far for them. Hope I'm wrong and you're right though :)

I feel we'll miss Drogs a lot. They have some really strong defenders and Anelka is no match for them physically. You could argue that we won there back in 08-09 with Anelka scoring the lone goal, but it was Lampard's brilliance that made that goal possible. And we won't have Lamps tomorrow. We also had to defend for our lives in the second half that time. In addition, Villa are great at set-pieces and Drogs is always a factor while we're defending corners or whatever.

Ofcourse I'm happy that the likes of Kakuta and Co will get chances, but I wonder if right now it's a bridge too far for them. Hope I'm wrong and you're right though :)

I think the Villa of then was a lot stronger then what it is now. They lost there two key players but i guess they brought in some good players as well. I guess we will wait and see!

He said Drogba won't be going to Moscow.

'Drogba had a fever this week and was not able to train, he started today but is not fit. He took antibiotics in the last days and needs to train next week and I'll know if he is available for the game in the Champions League.