Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

FT    Aston Villa    0 - 0    Chelsea

very disappointed with Chelsea

shld had won it

very disappointed in Anelka and Essien. Terrible performance. Totally never turn up for the game, whatsmore they are not invovled in international friendies. Expected more from them.

to add on

i thought cech & mikel was solid

zhirkov added some action for us when he was introduced in 2nd half but he faded away soon

mceachran other than losing the ball to reo-coker i thought he played well.

was nice to see bosingwa back. i think he had a decent game even though he lost the ball a little.

ivanovic was awesome... although at times he was lucky enough to escape away from cards

malouda was quiet during 1H...but 2H he showed more strength to win ball...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue dramatic responses from some members on how crap we are and how the team was a disgrace for not winning.

good result ,,very good 2nd half performance ...pleased with yuri when he came on ...malouda my M.O.M. ...collymore gave it to Petrov ,,,tosser

Thought it was a good game myself.

And again, some of the younger players had a run out.

That's three hard games out the way now.

I for one, am the most confident I've been in a long time, utd look very poor, and have not played anyone yet.

Good times! :champions:

Essien's passing was absolutely atrocious! He didn't do anything productive at all.

Also, had Lamps and Drogba played we could have won the game. We missed Drogba's strength up front, and we also missed Lampard's presence in midfield.

Chance to go seven points clear.. too bad.

Disliking the midfield-three Essien, Mikel, Ramires more and more, passing game is way too slow and predictable.

Zhirkov and McEachran were a breath of fresh air when they came on. Maybe take a little risk and start Josh. Would be great to see how he plays from the start.

Cech saved us in the first half. So thank you, Petr.

Kakuta and Essien were very poor today. Anelka annoyed me today. He kept drifting to the sides and we really needed someone in the centre.

Chance to go seven points clear.. too bad.

Disliking the midfield-three Essien, Mikel, Ramires more and more, passing game is way too slow and predictable.

Zhirkov and McEachran were a breath of fresh air when they came on. Maybe take a little risk and start Josh. Would be great to see how he plays from the start.

Kakuta and Essien were very poor today.

josh gave gael a lesson ...keep it simple ...apart from that one mistake he was exemplary

Kakuta provided nothing other than losing the ball... sad to say... :wacko:

You have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was starting against a side we haven't beaten away from home for ages. Also, it's only one game, there will be plenty of chances to shine this season.

Like I said before the game, I'd be happy with a point. Very good second half performance, and a pretty good result considering the number of injuries we have and the fact that it is a very difficult away game. A little disappointed in Anelka, he looked really uninterested, especially in the first half. Essien too could have been better. But overall, a very difficult fixture out of the way, and still top of the table comfortably. Can't be too bad.

SACK ANCELLOTTI, GET AVRAM BACK IN!!!!!

;)

In all seriousness, When the whistle blew I was disapointed but then it's not so bad considering the Man Utd result, it might just come back to haunt us at the end of the year when we really could have used the extra 2 points. But all things taken into account, i'm ok with this. I predicted Draw before the game just because WE WILL NEVAR WIN AT VILLA PARK :huh: I dunno, I'd be abit more gutted if Man Utd didn't draw with WBA.

josh gave gael a lesson ...keep it simple ...apart from that one mistake he was exemplary

Yup. Gaël and Danny are trying way too hard to impress. Hopefully Carlo will find a way to make them relax.