Nicolas Anelka

EskWeston

I just fail to see Anelka' reasoning behind the "we forget about players when their over 30 statement, why? because we don't offer them long term deals with pay rises, boo hoo.

One year contract's are more than fair when you get to your twilight years, its all Giggs and Scholes get's offered, the only difference between them and our players is they actually accept that fact.

i dont get why we have gone from one exstreme to the next , from a team full of over 30 players to getting rid of all of them , the best players that are 30 or over and still puting in the perforances should get there rewards regardless of age within reson. Lampards 34 and doesint really fit our new system very well , so a 1 year exstention makes sence , what doesint make sence is offering just a 1 year deal to ashely cole.

• 3 weeks later...

Shanghai finished 9th in the league and changed managers 3 times the final time was to have Anelka as a player/manager. I am not sure that he would leave here for a massive pay cut. The current talk is that both he and Drogba are headed back this spring.

• 1 month later...

Really miss him. I think he's unfairly unappreciated by a lot of Chelsea fans. One of our best finishers of the last decade for sure.

I love that goal he scored to clinch the golden boot a few seasons ago.

Quite amazing that despite being known as "Le Sulk" he rarely, if ever, (if my memory serves me correctly) actually sulked about being on the wing when he really always has been a centre forward. Oh how Sturridge could have learned from him.

Quite amazing that despite being known as "Le Sulk" he rarely, if ever, (if my memory serves me correctly) actually sulked about being on the wing when he really always has been a centre forward. Oh how Sturridge could have learned from him.

Smh. Unlike Dannyboy, Anelka actually had to make way for a striker who was superior to him.