test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

EskWeston

Nicolas Anelka

Started by EskWeston,

220 posts in this topic

Wouldn't mind him back here tbh, good finisher, still has pace, good first touch/link-up play if our board want to do something on the cheap.

Shanghai finished 9th in the league and changed managers 3 times the final time was to have Anelka as a player/manager. I am not sure that he would leave here for a massive pay cut. The current talk is that both he and Drogba are headed back this spring.

CHOULO19 likes this

Really miss him. I think he's unfairly unappreciated by a lot of Chelsea fans. One of our best finishers of the last decade for sure.

I love that goal he scored to clinch the golden boot a few seasons ago.

Quite amazing that despite being known as "Le Sulk" he rarely, if ever, (if my memory serves me correctly) actually sulked about being on the wing when he really always has been a centre forward. Oh how Sturridge could have learned from him.

BOSS, Mustafa and pHaRaOn like this

Quite amazing that despite being known as "Le Sulk" he rarely, if ever, (if my memory serves me correctly) actually sulked about being on the wing when he really always has been a centre forward. Oh how Sturridge could have learned from him.

Smh. Unlike Dannyboy, Anelka actually had to make way for a striker who was superior to him.

Rambo likes this

Smh. Unlike Dannyboy, Anelka actually had to make way for a striker who was superior to him.

Anelka made way for Drogba.

Sturridge had to make way for Torres.

It would be a great move for Nico and for Juve at the same time. I would be more than happy to see him again playing in the Uefa Champions League.

smart move, anelka's a deft finisher, just what juve lacks. Weren't they also in for Drogs and Lamps? Imagine the 3 of them together in one side. If utilized wisely they could make Juve CL contender again.

Look i like Anelka, and its just a brilliant move for him, but dont say its a smart move for Juve. If Juve were smart in their all "striker situation" they would have a top striker right now, Anelka isnt one for some years and you cant say he's better than what they already have. I know Juve fans and they are all angry about their management. For them Anelka is another try to "weakening" the failing of landing a top stiker, like they did with Bendtner last summer. Only difference is that Anelka is class, lets see if he could show some of it after so much time (last time he played outside China was more than two years ago, and in China he only scored 3 goals in 24 games).

Bring on the iconic butterfly goal celebrations. How many think he will outscore Torres? :P

Ramox likes this

I didn't really want us to sign him ...but glad we did. Just a pity the way it ended here . I'm sure he will get a great reception if he plays at The Bridge

NiclasCFC likes this