Nicolas Anelka

EskWeston

Well it's being reported that way. Regardless, he does deserve some support from the media seeing as their the ones who made this incident a controversy. He deserves no ban, end of.

What??? He deserves no support at all. He made what everyone in France knows is an incredibly offensive gesture in support of an extreme bigot who he considers his friend. I don't care if other people have done it. It's offensive and there's no place for it anywhere near football. This is not the media making something up, it's something very real that the media in England is being introduced to for the first time as it was a French phenomenon until now. Anelka deserves and will get a long ban. I have no sympathy for fascists and bigots nor people who try to justify and minimize their bigotry with pathetic backwards rationalizations. He's an adult who did something he knew was offensive in support of a disgusting human being. He deserves support? For what?

I'm finding the apologists for this baffling. And mostly idiotic.by people who don't have the faintest clue of what freedom of speech actually is (like the Duck Dynasty stuff) or how offensive gestures and language evolve. It's like calling someone a "retarded fag" and then saying well, "technically it means delayed bunch of sticks so nobody can be offended." Defending this level of obvious bigotry is bigotry.

What??? He deserves no support at all. He made what everyone in France knows is an incredibly offensive gesture in support of an extreme bigot who he considers his friend. I don't care if other people have done it. It's offensive and there's no place for it anywhere near football. This is not the media making something up, it's something very real that the media in England is being introduced to for the first time as it was a French phenomenon until now. Anelka deserves and will get a long ban. I have no sympathy for fascists and bigots nor people who try to justify and minimize their bigotry with pathetic backwards rationalizations. He's an adult who did something he knew was offensive in support of a disgusting human being. He deserves support? For what?

I'm finding the apologists for this baffling. And mostly idiotic.by people who don't have the faintest clue of what freedom of speech actually is (like the Duck Dynasty stuff) or how offensive gestures and language evolve. It's like calling someone a "retarded fag" and then saying well, "technically it means delayed bunch of sticks so nobody can be offended." Defending this level of obvious bigotry is bigotry.

No right to free speech?

Not saying being a racist is right. I, certainly, am not, but I don't understand why he deserves a long ban for this.

No right to free speech?

Not saying being a racist is right. I, certainly, am not, but I don't understand why he deserves a long ban for this.

Let me explain what free speech actually means. Free speech means that you have the right to say whatever you want up until the point society decides. In the US this is very liberal, in France, it's more restrictive. Let's take the US then. You can say "I hate gays", "I hate blacks", "Asians are greedy" whatever you want and you can't be prosecuted. It's not illegal. However, your company can and probably will fire you. Freedom of speech protects you from legal challenges. It does not protect you from ramifications from your workplace. Anelka did something extremely offensive. The Premier League or UEFA could, if they wanted, ban him for life and it would have nothing to do with freedom of speech. You get no protection that way and there re tons of cases every year like this. (Recently, some woman on twitter posed something like "Going to Africa, I hope I don't get AIDS, oh wait, I'm white." She was fired and she deserved to be but she won't be prosecuted.

Fact is Anelka is being castigated as a facist and bigot by some elements of the media (including you unfortunately) which he isn't. Given the duality behind the gesture it was naive of him but as he's stated, his gesture wasn't intended to be anti-semetic and therefore he doesn't deserved to be labelled one. A warning should suffice in a sensible world.

Thank fuck for some common sense on here.

and yeah to people saying this gesture is only "anti-zionist"...i have read A LOT of comments trough the social media, where dumb idiots say things ilke "great anelka, we want to make france jew-free etc"...clearly anti-zionist eh? a lot of people (idiots) interprete this gesture clearly as ANTI-JEWISH. and anelka knew what he was doing. its a shame that such a piece of ... played for our club, especially when we have a jewish owner.

and LOL at freedom of speech. @yeboi if someone would say all north koreans should burn in hell or die, is this under the belt of "freedom of speech" ? even freedom of speech has its limits (as racism, anti-semitism etc etc).

and what a coincedene that Sakho, Nasri and Anelka made this gesture...all who are....muslims.. :)

So you're saying the gesture is an anti-zionist thing or something that says "Fu*k you France gouverment"?

so much as been said about that and no one knows what it is lol...

I dont have a problem with people who have problems with Israel, "zionism" and stuff, but anyway Anelka is such an amazing idiot, its starting to be realy sad... why put yourself into those situations all the time.

The gesture means "in your ass".That's the real definition, when it all started it was simply that, the media and to be precise la LICRA changed it into an naziest gesture because Dieudo was talking too much about how the French gouverment are friends with Israel, anyway, it is became anti-zionist, and after this developpement when you do la Quenelle it is to fuck the gouverment because the gouverment dont like it very much.This is the simpliest way to describe it.

Just saw this prick Dieudonne doing a sketch when he complains about the laws against holocaust denial in France.

I'll be happy to see him and our gesture giver Nicolas bleed to death infront of my TV someday. Thats a bit insane i know... but yeah.

Im ashamed someone like him played in the club i support. Really not surprsing though... you could see it in him.

Just saw this prick Dieudonne doing a sketch when he complains about the laws against holocaust denial in France.

I'll be happy to see him and our gesture giver Nicolas bleed to death infront of my TV someday. Thats a bit insane i know... but yeah.

Im ashamed someone like him played in the club i support. Really not surprsing though... you could see it in him.

Calm down, and try to think before posting, its better to think, use your mind, do researches, and then, open your mouth in a good way.You want Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala to die ? With Nicolas Anelka too ? Thats is sad, you shouldnt wish death, its is not good, kid.Dieudonné is an humourist, he joked about us the muslims for a long time, in France Islam is also very discussed, i'm Muslim, does that mean I should wish death to him ? No, he joked about all the religions and I laughed a lot, that is the good way of taking it.Just try to understand his antio-sionism approach, and try to switch off the TV and stop reading the newspaper, start making statment by yourself, it is good for you. do you know that many Jewish went to watch him ? You should really use my advices boy, it will make you less naive.

Calm down, and try to think before posting, its better to think, use your mind, do researches, and then, open your mouth in a good way.You want Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala to die ? With Nicolas Anelka too ? Thats is sad, you shouldnt wish death, its is not good, kid.Dieudonné is an humourist, he joked about us the muslims for a long time, in France Islam is also very discussed, i'm Muslim, does that mean I should wish death to him ? No, he joked about all the religions and I laughed a lot, that is the good way of taking it.Just try to understand his antio-sionism approach, and try to switch off the TV and stop reading the newspaper, start making statment by yourself, it is good for you. do you know that many Jewish went to watch him ? You should really use my advices boy, it will make you less naive.

Hi kid, try to understand what you're reading before quoting.

Like i said in my first post - i dont have a problem with people who dont like what Israel do this days (i have problems with it myself), its not about that or Anti-Zionism. I think its legit to have your opinion about those sort ot things, same goes to laughing about different religions- it can be funny.

But when it comes to holucost denial i wont calm down simply because i know the evidence from very-very close to me. Done my research, saw what the guy is about, should die tommorow, thats what i think alright? Try to think more yourself before writing about it, especially for someone who's jewish.

Anelka is a friend of him, i have no doubt he knows what he's friend thinks and support.

Should die tomorrow

How do you, having experienced Shoah in your family condone killing. Have you learned nothing?

Ow, i am older and you know: now not everyone dying in Nazi camp was Jewish. So yes, I can speak out of experience. My family was very affected. Retaliation is not your solution, hawk.