Chelsea vs Olympique de Marseille

BlueLion.

Chelsea have never lost a home Champions League match against a French side, winning two and drawing two.

Chelsea played Marseille in the 1999-2000 Champions League with both games ending 1-0 to the home side.

Inter's win at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League last 16 back in March ended a run of 21 games without defeat at home for the Blues.

Marseille have played four Champions League matches in England and all of them have been decided by a one-goal margin - the last three ending 1-0. Their only win in England was back in October 2007 when Mathieu Valbuena scored the only goal of the game at Anfield.

Chelsea have lost none of their last 20 Champions League group Stage matches at home since defeat to Besiktas in October 2003.

Chelsea have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 17 Champions League Group Stage matches at Stamford Bridge.

Marseille have lost 13 and won just two of their last 17 Champions League Group Stage matches away from home.

The French side posted the best crossing accuracy in the opening set of matches finding a team-mate with 39% of their crosses.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kakuta can do well in Anelka's position.Since Anelka doesn't really have a fixed position on the pitch nowadays Kakuta will have the freedom to dribble and build up play.

Connor Clifford trained with the 1st team today,maybe he'll be on the bench.

Connor Clifford did train with the first team but has been unwell, didn't play in the reserves yesterday because of that and most certainly will not be involved tonight.

Would like for Kakuta to get a start in this game, either in the midfield replacing Ramires or on the wing.

Don't forget that we have Heinze, Deschamps usually use him against big teams.

Our starting in championship is rather bad, but we're getting better and better with returns from injuries, with two wins in a row, we're fifth, 5 points behind the leader Saint-Etienne (obviously, they're not going to maintain their form...). I believe we're going to win the championship, because we're the best team of France, Lyon are overrated.

Whereas we could have done a better start, Lyon and Bordeaux have done a worse beginning, Lyon is 19th with only 5 points.

Rémy isn't injured, he played against Sochaux, and Taiwo isn't that bad, he's certainly not a "piece of shit".

"They have only 3 players who are a world level : Rémy, Mandanda and Lucho. Their defense is a joke and the other player are quite averages (for french championship i mean)."

Lucho is our best player, he's simply amazing ! But Rémy and Mandanda aren't our only others "world level" players, Gignac is unlucky at the moment, but I'm sure he will score a lot this season ; Valbuena is a French international, and is impressive at the moment ; Cheyrou ; Mbia, Diawara, Taiwo... are good players too.

Mbia-Diawara is a solid defense in Ligue 1, I don't know in Europe, but our defense isn't a joke. At the start of the season, we had to play with our subs because Mbia and Diawara were injured, that's why we had some difficulties in defense in the first matches.

Our weakness is clearly Cissé (our defensive midfielder), he's not bad but we deserve better, and it will be hard for him against Chelsea.

Recently, we have some difficulties to score, we had 25 shoots against Spartak, but we lost... I hope the same thing won't happen against Chelsea.

I hope that your players aren't going to underestimate us, because Liverpool did it 2 years ago, and lost.

It will be difficult, but we can win ! Good luck for tomorrow and sorry for my english ! :)

Sporty reaction there mate :)

Looking foward to another night of European cup football, hope our youngsters will get some time on the pitch, whether or not we will get a result against l'OM tonightblue%20scalf.gif. Kakuta should start, Mellis & McEachran should get 20+ each.