Chelsea vs Olympique de Marseille

BlueLion.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shout Tech. Anelka really is on form. I think Malouda and Anelka will carry us through this game and really shine.

Should we sub Borini on if we are 2-0 up? I think he deserves a chance. I think he is eager to prove himself. Has Borini ever partnered up front with Sturridge? I wonder how that would work lol! Not a risk I'd take in Champs League though. Or Premier Leaugue for that matter lol!!

These are really exciting times at ChelseaFC. We all heard CA say he'll give the youth more chances and we were all wondering if he'd deliver and he is doing so. McEachran and Kakuta were already exciting prospects for us but now the world is waking up to them.. Finally we get to show off academy recruits!

I'm really proud to be a Chelsea FC fan :') blue%20scalf.gif

No dude, Rémy is injured, and so for three months (if i remind it well). And i can guarantee it to you, Taiwo is only good against mid-table french team... Against big teams he is a piece of shit and he is always out of place. So don't be worry ^^

Futhermore, this season l'OM has a dreadful starting in championship, they are only eighth...

So IMO, if we do not defeat them by at leat 2-0, it would be a failure.

Remy isn't injured... he played for Marseille last night and set up Lucho for the winner. And also Taiwo scored as they beat in-form Socahux 2-1 at the Velodrome; which is in turn a very good result for Deschamps and his side. We can't underestimate this team - they have quality all over the pitch and we're not exactly playing with confidence after two straight losses.

Remy isn't injured... he played for Marseille last night and set up Lucho for the winner. And also Taiwo scored as they beat in-form Socahux 2-1 at the Velodrome; which is in turn a very good result for Deschamps and his side. We can't underestimate this team - they have quality all over the pitch and we're not exactly playing with confidence after two straight losses.

Oh, so it's less worse than expected lol.

Yeah but i can't see them stronger than a team like Fulham or Birmingham... They have only 3 players who are a world level : Rémy, Mandanda and Lucho. Their defense is a joke and the other player are quite averages (for french championship i mean).

As i've said it before, if we don't win by at least 2-0, it would be a failure, and in my opinion it would be a worrying thing after our 2 losses.

Oh, so it's less worse than expected lol.

Yeah but i can't see them stronger than a team like Fulham or Birmingham... They have only 3 players who are a world level : Rémy, Mandanda and Lucho. Their defense is a joke and the other player are quite averages (for french championship i mean).

As i've said it before, if we don't win by at least 2-0, it would be a failure, and in my opinion it would be a worrying thing after our 2 losses.

That's a fair point. But I still maintain they have a decent team and I think they'll win Ligue Un again this year. However you're right, I think we should beat them and it would be a worry if we didn't.

For all the recent McEachran obsession I'd love to see Kakuta getting more than 20 minutes.

i think kakuta even posses more threat than McEachran .... yes josh was superb in the last couple of games but kakuta is the type of player that can change the match with one flick or one pass , he can really make a difference like he did against spain in the final of the U-19 tournament .

i think kakuta should get the nod ahead of sturridge now as sturridge is not at his best now

Zhirkov has been average, his biggest problems are Ashley and Malouda, it's impossible to gain any form with those two, maybe he should try the right, cutting into the box for penalties, I still remember those penalties against... Villa I think.

Even with McEachren's form I still rate Kakuta higher, he can go missing the entire game and then create a piece of magic for a goal. That said McEachren should start, his displays deserve it.

Our younger players really look good and they should be getting in with our squad being so thin, imagine when the fixture list becomes a bit thicker.

Starting a 17year old in a European game without securing the group,who would have thought we would be talking about it 3 months ago?

I know what you mean, but sometimes I wish we could hide age. How often do we not play a young player simply because of his age.

You know the old saying "If you're good enough, you're old enough"

Zhirkov has been poor when he's got his chances so far, as has Sturridge even though he got a goal against Zilina. I'm worried we'll face the same problems we faced against Man city if we start with Mikel-Essien-Ramires. So I'd love starts for McEachran and Kakuta. But considering this is the CL, I think Carlo will stick with the City lineup with Zhirkov in Ramires' place being the only change.

Cech

Ivan, Alex, JT, Ash

Mikel

Essien, Zhirkov

Sturridge, Anelka, Malouda