test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Term-X

Josh McEachran

Started by Term-X,

2,122 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does Josh look a bit of a nervous pigeon? Not in his play, his expression. Rarely seen him smile.

He doesn't look nervous but calm to me. Very calm. He knows where and when he is and knows what he wants. At least he makes such an impression on me.

getting relegated wont help his development 1 bit and mark my words atleast 2 of the promoted teams this season will go down.

The current QPR team aint strong enough for the top flight and back to back promo's will catch up with Norwich. Cant see any-one bar Reading out of the play off teams giving the prem that good a crack either.

I got relegated once and it was horrible and ive never been the same (football wise) since and that was only sunday league, dont want a relegation of Josh's CV as a teenager it will cripple him.

He's more likely to play and gain experience with a newly promoted team than an already established one.

When Connor Clifford went to Plymouth, he made an immediate impact and helped their team who were facing relegation before even January! They raved a lot about him saving their season at that time. Unfortunately they had their transfer embargo put on so he couldn't go back, but it certainly helped him.

Just imagine Neill Warnock managing Josh McEachran..

Have not read through the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned but my thoughts on Josh are:

Very good technical ability, can see a pass others in our midfield can't. The problem with him is that he gives the ball away to often (he did at least 3 times yeasterday, and I remember against Villa when he came on and Reo Coker nearly scored). What he needs is a full season in the premier as a regualr starter on loan. Bolton would be ideal for him....

Have not read through the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned but my thoughts on Josh are:

Very good technical ability, can see a pass others in our midfield can't. The problem with him is that he gives the ball away to often (he did at least 3 times yeasterday, and I remember against Villa when he came on and Reo Coker nearly scored). What he needs is a full season in the premier as a regualr starter on loan. Bolton would be ideal for him....

players who stick to the short square pass rarely give the ball away ,,,BUT even more rarely does the pass create anything ...

We are crying out for a creative player ,,,lets not use stats to stifle him

neel, Madmax and Duppy Conqueror like this

players who stick to the short square pass rarely give the ball away ,,,BUT even more rarely does the pass create anything ...

We are crying out for a creative player ,,,lets not use stats to stifle him

I worry that if he gives away a goal his confidence will suffer. He will be a good player, is better than Yossi already. We need to decide to either integrate him as one of our top 4 midfield players or get him out on loan in the PL for a season. This being a sub all the time with hardly anytime on the pitch is hampering his development....

From the Daily Fail so obviously bollocks but I thought he'd already signed a new contract?

Chelsea face a fight to keep hold of teenage midfielder McEachran

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:11 PM on 26th May 2011

Chelsea's teenage midfielder Josh McEachran is a target for Hamburg now their former director of football Frank Arnesen has moved to the German club.

McEachran has not finalised terms on the contract he expected to sign on his 18th birthday in March.

article-0-0C14B2A700000578-576_468x398.jpg

Highly-rated: Josh McEachran collected Chelsea's young player of the year award this season

Arsenal, Manchester United and Barcelona are also watching the situation.

Chelsea will do everything to keep Josh

This.

I don't think we're going to be getting rid of good young talent when that's where we're trying to strengthen.

Chelsea's teenage midfielder Josh McEachran is a target for Hamburg now their former director of football Frank Arnesen has moved to the German club.

McEachran has not finalised terms on the contract he expected to sign on his 18th birthday in March.

------------------------

Source:- The Daily Mail

------------------------

We seriously better fucking sort this out!! I didn't expect to see an article like this :mouthclosed:

------------------------

Source:- The Daily Mail

------------------------

We seriously better fucking sort this out!! I didn't expect to see an article like this :mouthclosed:

just read that on bbc gossip. No mission of us letting josh go

No chance this is going to happen. Why would it when he is the only youngster that gets the most chances out of the young kids and he is on the bench week in week out.

Chelsea are on course for a huge row with former sporting director Frank Arnesen over the future of teenage prodigy Josh McEachran.

They now face a fight to hang on to midfielder McEachran as Arnesen’s interest has alerted Europe’s top clubs to his potential availability amid the chaos at Stamford Bridge. It was announced that Arnesen was leaving his post at Chelsea in November and he agreed a deal to take up a similar role at German club Hamburg once his contract expired at the end of the season.

But just days after officially starting his new job as Hamburg’s director of sport, it has emerged Arnesen plans to take advantage of his former Chelsea contacts and intimate knowledge he gleaned at Stamford Bridge to target a move for McEachran.

Following the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti, Chelsea are without a manager and have not yet replaced Arnesen, making it difficult for the club to make big decisions on players.

McEachran, 18, has been hailed as one of the country’s brightest young stars and won Chelsea’s Young-Player-of-the-Year award after making 17 appearances for the first team this season.

But he has not been tied down to a long-term deal and Arnesen has effectively made that clear to clubs such as Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona by telling German sources that the player is on his wanted list.

England youth star McEachran signed his first professional contract with Chelsea, worth about £6,000 a week, last summer. But that has only two years to run and, after his Premier League and Champions League debuts, it was decided that McEachran should be rewarded with a new deal including a substantial pay rise, tieing him to the club for the next five years.

-------------------------

Source: The Express

-------------------------

A real nasty parting gift from Arnesen :angry::angry:

Edited by CJ Revo