Josh McEachran

Term-X

I don't want Josh to go out on loan. He already can offer so, so much to this team. Let's not forget that as someone who is not even 18-and-a-half yet, he has made 17 appearances for our first team, and - in my honest opinion - has impressed in nearly all of those showings. Games that stand out are the 3-4 loss in the Carling Cup to Newcastle and the 1-0 loss to Marseilles at the Vélodrome. He was outstanding. AVB is no fool and he knows talent when he sees it - you would assume it is one of his main attributes as a coach considering his scouting background.

I don't want Josh to go out on loan. He already can offer so, so much to this team. Let's not forget that as someone who is not even 18-and-a-half yet, he has made 17 appearances for our first team, and - in my honest opinion - has impressed in nearly all of those showings. Games that stand out are the 3-4 loss in the Carling Cup to Newcastle and the 1-0 loss to Marseilles at the Vélodrome. He was outstanding. AVB is no fool and he knows talent when he sees it - you would assume it is one of his main attributes as a coach considering his scouting background.

To be fair though, and usually I wouldn't make this comparison, Jack Wilshere went on loan to Bolton & it did him the world of good. With Coyle's guidance and his own talent he was able to instantly walk into their first team and make an impact. Other youngsters have done the same, for example, Tom Cleverly.

It would be great for Josh to go out on loan and make the same impact at such a club, however I think it's too early. I'd really like to see him bulk up a bit.

To be fair though, and usually I wouldn't make this comparison, Jack Wilshere went on loan to Bolton & it did him the world of good. With Coyle's guidance and his own talent he was able to instantly walk into their first team and make an impact. Other youngsters have done the same, for example, Tom Cleverly.

It would be great for Josh to go out on loan and make the same impact at such a club, however I think it's too early. I'd really like to see him bulk up a bit.

Fair analysis on Cleverly and Wil-shite, but in terms of him bulking up, I disagree. Josh is our little magician, like this man:

david-silva1_1696483c.jpg

Fair analysis on Cleverly and Wil-shite, but in terms of him bulking up, I disagree. Josh is our little magician, like this man:

That's true.

I suppose that will come with experience then, using his smaller stature to his advantage. This can only be achieved in a loan club though, this I'm convinced about. Though I can understand if we're reluctant to do so..

Wonder what's happened to Connor Clifford too.

I think it would be more interesting for Kakuta to be loaned to Bolton, Wigan or Lille because he has to gain experience and play almost every week.

Josh has impressed every time he did have to play, he did not just fill the whole left by the regular starter, he has really bring something extra. For me as for Sturridge (Bolton of course) or Bertrand (one of the best performers at Reading and Forest), it's enough to justify a place in the squad this season.

For several reasons Kakuta didn't really shine at Fulham or just a little bit, so we can't consider he can play some games with Chelsea this season. Too young, not enough experimented, too smooth...

Yeah agree that Kakuta should. Should be with a Premier League side though, no point sending him to France. Wigan would be good since they've sold N'Zogbia and probably Rodellega soon. Kakuta will be a good player for them to bring in, be it on the wing or in an attacking midfield position.

We all want to do well here. We have got a strong squad, and if the manager adds to it and it makes us stronger then we will all be happy. I take every year as it comes. It will be difficult, but its great to see young players coming through, like Josh. If I can be involved for as long as possible I will happy.

Josh does give us something different. There’s a great elegance in the way he plays. He receives the ball well, can play a killer pass, he’s stronger than he looks. He’s going to be a top player. He’s not going to play 50 games this season, but you can see from pre-season that he is going to be involved a lot more.

And even with him you still wouldn't be able to qualify for a major competition.

Who said anything about that? If you wanna talk international football, we all know England aren't the best despite having a good squad.