Josh McEachran

Term-X

Can't believe he's only 20. Certainly has time on his side.

I was really hoping there was something in the rumours that Real Sociedad wanted him. I think that's what Josh needs right now - to experience an entirely different football culture and get out of his comfort zone. In any case if a decent club comes in for him then I think we should consider offloading him (for his sake). He needs to be let off his leash and he needs a club where he can settle for a few years while playing regularly. These eternal, never-ending loans won't do him any good.

"We brought Josh on to help push [Ben Watson] forward a little more, whilst still being able to start the play from the back. Josh enabled us to do that but it was also a chance for me to see where Josh is up to in terms of his fitness and I have to say he was magnificent when he got on the ball, moving it through the lines and creating the first goal." Rosler (Wigan manager)

I do like how he seems to have a personal interest in the player. Not the first quote he's made praising him individually. Seems to know what his play's all about - hopefully he can have a succesful loan here

I do like how he seems to have a personal interest in the player. Not the first quote he's made praising him individually. Seems to know what his play's all about - hopefully he can have a succesful loan here

Exactly. Hopefully Josh can now get some regular first team football at Wigan and maybe continue there next season too if he gets his development back on track by playing there under this guy. In fact, Wigan aren't that far behind the play-off spots and could even be making their way back to the Premier League if they play well for the rest of the season, maybe then McEachran could even get some proper PL experience for the first time in his career.

Apart from Swansea where he had absolutely no hope of getting into the team, is this the first team that we've sent him to that actually plays proper passing and possession football? I know that those are hard to come by in the championship, but the thing about Josh is that even after his failed loans I'd be thinking that he'll never make it here, then he'd come back here and play in preseason or play with the England U21 and he'd be a joy to watch on the ball and I'd say that we'd be fools to give up on him. The kid's just got so much natural ability.

Apart from Swansea where he had absolutely no hope of getting into the team, is this the first team that we've sent him to that actually plays proper passing and possession football? I know that those are hard to come by in the championship, but the thing about Josh is that even after his failed loans I'd be thinking that he'll never make it here, then he'd come back here and play in preseason or play with the England U21 and he'd be a joy to watch on the ball and I'd say that we'd be fools to give up on him. The kid's just got so much natural ability.

I don't want to speak to soon but i think we might have finally found him the right loan.

Shame he had Mowbray as his manager at Boro instead off Karanka.

I think Oscar has shown where a slight frame-ed technical player can play in a mourinho squad if they are willing to get stuck in and work their socks off. I hope Josh sees this and it motivates him to become more of a beast while also taking responsibility to get into the attack as it's clear he can do when he is feeling it.

Just saw this also:

Vintage Mceachran pass to tie things up.

You need the manager to put some trust in him, though. He was the catalyst in that come back against Charlton, yet he was an unused sub in their next game despite Wigan having loads of possession but lacking a creative spark. They ended up losing 1-0 from 85th minute FK.

You need the manager to put some trust in him, though. He was the catalyst in that come back against Charlton, yet he was an unused sub in their next game despite Wigan having loads of possession but lacking a creative spark. They ended up losing 1-0 from 85th minute FK.

They deserved it! :rant: