Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

It certainly seems 'refreshing' before the game, but it we end up losing the game because of being too expansive, won't it be termed 'naive'?

It worked pretty well against Man Utd at Old Trafford in the away game. We blew them away the first 45 min.

Of course not play in a all out attack manner but at least in a attack-minded way.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the thing is, i don't really care about their style of play. I'm just saying it would be nice if we play in a attacking way.

And i'm not saying all out attack, but attack-minded.

If Man City are there for the taking I'm sure the players will attack but it's better to be safe than sorry.

It worked pretty well against Man Utd at Old Trafford in the away game. We blew them away the first 45 min.

Of course not play in a all out attack manner but at least in a attack-minded way.

I get that, but you must remember that in that game, United were coming off a trip from Munich in midweek while we had had an entire week for rest.

In any case, they're the home side and they'll be more attacking, I'm not sure Carlo would really put out a team that's going to take the game to them away from home. If we can retain the ball well in midfield then we'll do well regardless of how they play because their midfield though physical is hardly going to be creative considering all of them are basically defensive minded players (Toure, Barry, de Jong, Vieira).

I get that, but you must remember that in that game, United were coming off a trip from Munich in midweek while we had had an entire week for rest.

In any case, they're the home side and they'll be more attacking, I'm not sure Carlo would really put out a team that's going to take the game to them away from home. If we can retain the ball well in midfield then we'll do well regardless of how they play because their midfield though physical is hardly going to be creative considering all of them are basically defensive minded players (Toure, Barry, de Jong, Vieira).

Forgot about their midweek CL game.

Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait until next week.

hope lamps will be back for this match . he will be crucial against man city . they have some power in defensive midfield and we need lamps to be there to help the team break them down with his passes and great runs .

even though ramires and benayoun did a very decent job replacing lamps but i still miss him every game . no one will ever be able to provide us with what lampard provides . he is a real special one .

Everyone constantly saying "this is the first time they will be tested" its really annoying. Granted the sides we have played so far this season have not been the cream of the crop in the Premier League but they are decent teams, before this weekend's fixtures Blackpool were higher in the table than any side Man Utd have yet played so they cant be that bad.

Hopefully we will be back to our regular line up in this one with Terry, Lampard and Anelka all restored to the starting line up. That being said I saw it mentioned elsewhere that picking Ramires over Lampard would be a better option, Im not trying to talk down Lampard, everybody knows his quality but what City have going for them is energy and drive and that midfield 3 of Essien, Ramires and Mikel can more than match that energy, power and drive, I dont think it would be the worst thing in the world if Ramires started ahead of Lampard. However if that doesnt happen, well Frank Lampard is more than a good consolation:yes:

yes , this is where our season starts ... you can consider those five matches we played were like a preseason or a preparation for what comes next . we have had some very easy fixtures in the start of the league

I think that's very unfair on the teams we've played, to be honest.

Everyone has to play the same fixtures.

I think that's very unfair on the teams we've played, to be honest.

Everyone has to play the same fixtures.

yes , everyone has to play the same fixtures but we just started with the easy ones and i think it's not a good thing , it will be very hard to play man city then arsenal then astonvilla . because simply if we lose against man city it won't be very easy to come back against arsenal specially with a midweek match against marseille ..

that's why i am saying that those three games are crucial , mentally more than anything else you can only imagine our morale if get the 9 points out of those matches or if we only get 4 points !!!!!

Holloway

"Some teams have taken us for granted but the champions didn't. Some of their movement was a bit different, I had not seen that before and it caused my players problems.

"They have a fantastic team here. They are world class. Well done to Chelsea.

"I've seen some football in my life but the way they played was a real credit to Mr Ancelotti and their players. Hairs that I thought I'd lost were standing up at some of their football.

"We almost had a bit of stage fright in the first half. We could not get close to them. But in the second half we did.

"To see their football at first-hand is brilliant. It was phenomenal."

When Holloway compliments a team he really means it, and what he's said will be very flattering for the boys. All we need to do now is BEAT City and I rekn we'll be unbreakable.

UP BLUESblue%20scalf.gif

going for a Citeh win. Don't know why but my gut feeling is that they'll win

Same...but...even if we do loose.We'll be top and we lost twice to them last year.Long as we beat the others be all good

Nah aint time to be tested.Blackpool did second half and had it been 0-0 been a nevery half.Long we can defend like we did and take chances

They are the ones who will be scared of us coming into the match, if we play like we have so far they are going to struggle to live with us. I still dont think City have gelled together just yet, if we can keep Tevez quiet we could take the 3 points, that said i think it will be 1-1 hope im wrong!