Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the first half-time, when we had the ball, i found him a little bit lost. He wasn't in the team's pace, he slowed the pace and the passe speed. In the defensive work, not bad.

In the second half, he seemed to have get into the team spirit. I found him good.

I agree with you, Ramires played a good match..B)

Dunno if Carlo had specifically asked him to do this, but he didn't get forward at all today except on that one occasion when he won the freekick outside the box in the second half. He stayed back in our own half most of the time, covering for Ashley who was forward a lot. Even Mikel was further up the pitch than R7 especially in the first half.

Dunno if Carlo had specifically asked him to do this, but he didn't get forward at all today except on that one occasion when he won the freekick outside the box in the second half. He stayed back in our own half most of the time, covering for Ashley who was forward a lot. Even Mikel was further up the pitch than R7 especially in the first half.

I noticed it too. I don't like Mikel going forward, he does possess that gem of a shot like Essien. I prefer what they did last time where Mikel stayed central and Ramires literally ran from box-to-box. Hopefully they'll revert to that next time, because Mikel is exceptional in central midfield.

I thought he was very good today. Displayed a good range of passing, along with Essien rampaged around midfield when it was needed, covered well for Ashley Cole, looked more in tune with the pace of the game than he did against West Ham.

I complete agree. I don't think he quite has the same natural tendency to maraud forward like Essien - but that's no problem at all; it means he can quite easily play in any of the three central roles (ie. the Lampard role, the Essien role and the Mikel role).

• 2 weeks later...

We've saw the good and the bad from him in his last two outings.

Against Man City he was continually bullied out of possession and looked as if he couldnt handle the physical side of English football. Today he was simply outstanding, which got me thinking.

Very few teams will sit off us and allow us to play football like Arsenal do. The majority of the time, teams will try to match us for strength all over the pitch. Its left me wondering wether we'll get the real benefit of hm until he fills out a bit and learns how to handle himself on the pitch against a strong side, as lets be honest......he's built like the side of a fiver.

I'm more than willing to give any player time to settle into the side, I just hope he analyse his performances and accept that he'll have to work on the physical side of his game.

Personally I think him being "out muscled" by City has been over exaggerated. Aside from that side of the game, another positive aspect of his performance today was his willingness to get forward and support the front three and that he looked to play the ball forward, he looked for the killer pass and thats a positive in our midfield. I dont think its a matter of filling out, I think he has just neededa bit of time, I've always thought he will be a big hit in our side and I stand by that.

Personally I think him being "out muscled" by City has been over exaggerated.

He was though :D

There's no doubting he's a talented player, I just have the opinion that for a player to succeed in our midfield he'll have to work on his upper body strength. Its rare to see Mikel, Essien or Lampard get muscled off the ball when put under pressure.

The game against Villa will give us another chance to see how he handles a more pysical game.

The thing with Ramires is, he needs to feel his way into a match. Every time we see him play he has a poor first 15-20minutes to settle into the game and then he begins to adapt. My problem with him at times is, he takes way too long on the ball, he needs to learn that in the Premiership you will always be under pressure when you have the ball, he needs to learn that once he's got the ball he needs to think quickly and pass it or keep it.

Defensively he's been solid, he puts in good tackles and has good stamina. If he can work on keeping the ball then he will be a great asset to us, because we know he can pick a good pass (the pass to Cole today to set up Drogba's goal)