Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

Guest justin_3d

Ramires has become indispensable now. It's a shame he's taken Mikel's place though.

Mikel is still young. He will get more chances.

Mikel needed time of as he lost his form from beginning of the season/

He shall pick back his form in a month....i hope so. :)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I humble myself in front of all of you. I called Ramires all sorts and thought he was one of the worst buys ever.

He is looking half decent to be fair. Although I still wouldn't play him in central midfield. He quite clearly is at his best in a wider right-sided role. He isn't a true CM, he is a RMF player with incredible ability to run with the ball. His passing and control isn't the best but it should get better.

Guest justin_3d

I humble myself in front of all of you. I called Ramires all sorts and thought he was one of the worst buys ever.

He is looking half decent to be fair. Although I still wouldn't play him in central midfield. He quite clearly is at his best in a wider right-sided role. He isn't a true CM, he is a RMF player with incredible ability to run with the ball. His passing and control isn't the best but it should get better.

:yes:

I hope people learned for the future, that you should never be quick to judge a player without giving him time. :)

Ramires really truly is the complete midfield player of mythic legend, I didnt buy into the hype at first when my portugese friends kept telling me how good he was and how he would carry benfica on his back but the past 6 weeks he has really finally started to show this characteristic in the EPL-the best league in the world.

How high do you think his ceiling can be? I mean I am seeing a Roy Keane type with more stamina and offensive skill. It really is scary to imagine how good he will be in a few years

and while we're on the subject let's discuss the ceiling of David Luiz and future Chelsea star Neymar. I mean, Ramires in the middle, Luiz in the back, Neymar infront, the future of the best football nation of all time is playing in blue! Truly a beautiful sight, imagine when Luiz and Ramires step on the field in Chelsea blue for the first time together, I imagine that I'll shed a tear

Ramires truly has been the best midfielder in England these past 6 weeks which is truly amazing considering how horrible he looked the first few months of the season. What that shows is fierce determination and work ethic that only the greats have.

The Blue Messiah

ramires1.jpg

WE DA BESS

• 2 weeks later...

After Arsenal, Tottenham and United, now add City to the list of big games Rambo has excelled in. Big game player, anyone?

I notice how the haters who lynched him upon arrival have suddenly run away with their tail between their legs.

Anyway, great to see all the faith me and several others had in him is being repaid, and how! B)

After Arsenal, Tottenham and United, now add City to the list of big games Rambo has excelled in. Big game player, anyone?

I notice how the haters who lynched him upon arrival have suddenly run away with their tail between their legs.

Anyway, great to see all the faith me and several others had in him is being repaid, and how! B)

to be fair the majority were willing to give him time ..it was a vociferous minority that caned him

to be fair the majority were willing to give him time ..it was a vociferous minority that caned him

The only problem with him was the offensive side of his game, defensively he was brilliant.....now he has the confidence from that goal against City he could really be a big player for us....

Excelled in? No.

A solid performance at the very least in all of those big games? Yes.

Ramires seems to have settled at Chelsea and has been doing a great job since we entered 2011. After the rocky start he had, I thought he would need at least a full season to settle but he did it much quicker so well done to him. Not an easy job to come to Chelsea, where the pressure is huge, as a relatively low-profile player with a big price tag in a new country and league, and not knowing the language, and claiming a starter place that fast.

After a consistent three month period, it's safe for me to 'praise' some of his qualities. Physically, except for strength, he's obviously top-notch but I've noticed that he's an intelligent player. When he first came he seemed to be very sloppy in his passing, his decision-making was off, his link-up play seemed poor (except for some positive flashes) and he was pretty static in team-play and when he did move, it didn't look all too good. After seeing all that, I was afraid the club bought a runner for 17/18 mil pounds. But he's improved heavily in all of those areas and even took it a step further showing he's not just okay or solid in terms of intelligence but very good at the very least.

He knows what he wants to do with the ball before he gets it and I was very surprised and at the same time very happy about that. He's a couple of steps ahead 'of the rest' and that's crucial in possession play and it really compensates his lack of any great things he can do with the ball (things like defence-splitting passes, being a ball magician, possessing great vision)

Add his pace, stamina, high work-rate and solid technical abilities to that and you have an player that can become a crucial part of the team but will most likely always be underrated for what he brings to the team by the fans (ours and the opposition) and the media.

Still enough room for improvement though. For instance, he needs to attack more and needs to be more of a constant presence offensively and in build-up play. Too much of our play comes from the left side and that makes us predictable.

He also needs to take it easy with his rushed challenges and needs pick his moments to go for the foul (Nigel de Jong is an example of player that's great at that, you know when he's not acting like an idiot).

And the rest of the areas in which he needs to improve will come from playing at this level weekly and from experience.

I now do fully believe he can become some player for us if he keeps it up like this.

(All we need now is an playmaker to complete our selection of midfielders.)

He's been our most consistent midfielder for about 2-3 months now. I'd really like to see him, Mikel and Lamps in a game or two just so that his attacking side can come out more safe in the knowledge that he has Mikel behind him to mop up loose balls.

Guest justin_3d

Yeah it's usually the glory hunters that talked crap. You know them by how they write.

It is why i pay no mind to them.

And same people keep saying sell Kalou and MIkel....when those idiots don't know they are young as well and improving a lot.

Mikel was top dog at the beginning of the season and Kalou has been our best super sub in such a long time it's not even funny. Cannot get rid of these players. It will weaken our squad.

Yeah it's usually the glory hunters that talked crap. You know them by how they write.

It is why i pay no mind to them.

And same people keep saying sell Kalou and MIkel....when those idiots don't know they are young as well and improving a lot.

Mikel was top dog at the beginning of the season and Kalou has been our best super sub in such a long time it's not even funny. Cannot get rid of these players. It will weaken our squad.

Anelka and Malouda are the ones we will sell hopefully.

Guest justin_3d

Anelka and Malouda are the ones we will sell hopefully.

Anelka most likely, as he might like to go to MLS. Malouda i think he might have one more season or so.

Anelka and Paulo are in my list also if we get van der wiel.It will be sad for me though when Paulo leaves as i like him a lot.

Anelka most likely, as he might like to go to MLS. Malouda i think he might have one more season or so.

Anelka and Paulo are in my list also if we get van der wiel.It will be sad for me though when Paulo leaves as i like him a lot.

I think Anelka will see out his contract with us before he leaves. I think we may get a few people interested in Malouda hopefully as he is a main player in the France team.

The problem with getting rid of Paulo will be his high wages, he will have to agree in a drop to get a move. He always gives 100% but he is not good enough..

Guest justin_3d

I think Anelka will see out his contract with us before he leaves. I think we may get a few people interested in Malouda hopefully as he is a main player in the France team.

The problem with getting rid of Paulo will be his high wages, he will have to agree in a drop to get a move. He always gives 100% but he is not good enough..

If i am not mistaken Malouda has said he would like to go Brazil. So that might be his destination. And i doubt Anelka will see out his contact. If we win the CL it will job done for him this year and can leave happy to the MLS.

Yes Paulo will have to agree lower wages, but he will so he can play more. He is a good guy and has been a good servant of the club. Will miss his great attitude at the club. People like Paulo, and Kalou make our club more human as they are humble and friendly people.