Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

It is totally unrealistic to expect him to be able to replace Lamps or Essien as soon as he arrived . Even Lamps took time to settle here and he already

had premiership experience .Im pleased with his work rate and the obvious effort he is making .Confident he will improve and be a crowd favourite.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Essien first came, who did he have alongside him in midfield? Lamps and Maka. When Mikel came in, who did he have? Lamps and Essien/Ballack. Who does Ramires have? Mikel and Zhirkov. He's lived in Brazil all his life, moved to Portugal 2 years ago and now all of a sudden he finds himself playing alongside a young midfielder and a winger converted to a central midfielder due to injuries to players of the standing of Lampard and Essien. And all this in the title defence of the champions of England, no less.

It'll take time, just like it did for Drogba, Malouda, Essien, and countless others. KTF.

It took Malouda nearly two full seasons before he fulfilled his potential. Even Drogba didn't hit the heights until his third season, and Samir Nasri is now doing the same at Arsenal after two inconsistent seasons. Changing from the French Ligue Un or the Portuguese Superliga up to the Premier League is a big, big step due to the competitive nature of the game here. Also the speed the football is played in this division is matched by few. It will take him time but he has had the odd very good game and at least been a consistent 7/10 performer every game.

His peformance has been poor...the problem is that hes playing out of position. He is not suposed to play as a right midfielder. He is a defenside midfielder, in Brazil we call this position "second defensive midfielder"...something like that. Was playing in this position that he achieved succes and went to Benfica and to National Team.

His peformance has been poor...the problem is that hes playing out of position. He is not suposed to play as a right midfielder. He is a defenside midfielder, in Brazil we call this position "second defensive midfielder"...something like that. Was playing in this position that he achieved succes and went to Benfica and to National Team.

I think he's still maintaining that position. Especially last night. He's not a pure right midfielder, he's going box-to-box. With McEachran playing DMF last night Ramires was key into making sure Josh could settle in that position and he did it very well. Ramires is showing significant improvement from August.

Significant improvement? I think you're being too kind. Either that or you thought he was horseshit when he came.

Haha, fair game, Significant is perhaps too generous. But he's certainly improved on basic things such as first touches and taking less time on the ball. His passing has also sharpened up. I'd like to see more attack play from him though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting fed up of the Ramires slagging. Furthermore, it annoys me that the people who haven't learned from Drogba and Malouda's mediocre-at-best first seasons continue to slag off players from other leagues. Patience is a virtue.

I'm getting fed up of the Ramires slagging. Furthermore, it annoys me that the people who haven't learned from Drogba and Malouda's mediocre-at-best first seasons continue to slag off players from other leagues. Patience is a virtue.

Allow me to clear up, in case I'm being viewed as someone who hates Ramires. I have nothing against him as player, the role he plays, he plays is superbly. He's only 23 and can only get better in that role.

My issue is simple and clear, we don't need him. The type of player we should have bought for £18million is an attacking midfielder, not another Essien/Mikel type player. For £18million we could have signed Ozil.

So once again, nothing against Ramires. I just think we need a more attacking player.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like his energy through the middle, ye he loses the ball too much but he is the perfect player in stagnating quick wingers !

was impressed that against Spurs he got in their 6 yard box in the 90th minute to earn the penalty ...I believe he will come good ,especially next season.

I do not understand the stick he gets i think he will become a fantastic tactical player that we can use against a certain type of pace based player. He wins the ball all the time he has good vision, there was a brilliant pass against Marseilles with his left foot that put Malouda through, he has good timing in the box he ran in at anfield and headed just over. I think when he learns the language and he settles a little he will become a really good option for us. Zhirkov is another player that i rate and i think he has had his first year bedding in and this year we were seeing the fruits of his ability before he got injured.

I do not understand the stick he gets i think he will become a fantastic tactical player that we can use against a certain type of pace based player. He wins the ball all the time he has good vision, there was a brilliant pass against Marseilles with his left foot that put Malouda through, he has good timing in the box he ran in at anfield and headed just over. I think when he learns the language and he settles a little he will become a really good option for us. Zhirkov is another player that i rate and i think he has had his first year bedding in and this year we were seeing the fruits of his ability before he got injured.

Ramires is a fantastic player. However, with Mikel and Essien already in our team, I (personally) feel we don't need this kind of player. If you get my point?

Ramires is getting better and better as the season comes, I liked a lot his performance against Tottenham, the context wasn't easy at White Hart Lane but he showed quality in his passing skills which was sharp, smart and confident. He also play his Box to Box role several times by helping one of the wingers, in particular when he crossed for Kalou before Half Time, he was at the starting of the action and he put a very dangerous ball into the Spurs defense

I have an hypothesis about his game: I found that he plays relatively well when the other guys around him plays well ; in contrast, when the other players on the field doesn't play well, that influences his game. We could se it several times this season, by example against Zilina at the Bridge, all the team wasn't good during the half time so was Ramires, and when we improved our playing way in the second half, Ramires was suddently much better.

Against Marseille, Ramires missed a lot of pass, controls because the team was in a Friendly Match spirit ; whereas against Tottenham where all the team was at 150%, he was better

For me - and it's logical - Ramires isn't still a player who can fire the team upward, he is very influences by the way that plays his team mates. Malouda was a little same in his debuts, just one year after his signing he showed that he set up importance and he became a major part of the squad.

I read a lot of criticism about the Blue Kenyan for 2 or 3 months, but nobody does let himself adapt to the British way of life, the language and the way of playing. It's evident for me that a lot of people I see criticizing Ramires now are going to change their opinion during the next months, but I do not feel this free and plentiful criticism about our n°7 justified

I don't know what do you think about it ?

He ain't as bad as most of people claim it... When we're watching him play, it does appear to us he's really bad with his passing game. But, take a look at his statistics (acording to the Guardiuan's Chalkboard) :

- against Tottenham : he completed 47 passes outta 60 (78,3%)

- against Newcastle : he completed 45 passes outta 54 (83,3%)

- against Birmingham : he completed 25 passes outta 32 (78,1%)

- against Sunderland : he completed 26 passes outta 35 (74,3%)

- against Liverpool : he completed 39 passes outta 49 (79,6%)

- against Aston Villa : he completed 38 passes outta 44 (86,4%)

- against Arsenal : he completed 35 passes outta 43 (81,4%)

- against City : he completed 31 passes outta 41 (75,6%)

- against Blackpool : he completed 41 passes outta 43 (95,3%)

- against West Ham : he completed 52 passes outta 57 (91,2%)

=> So yes, his passing game isn't yet perfect, he miss a lot of passes and all... But he ain't that bad... Actually his major problem is that he miss some passes that even a kid can't miss. And because of that people think he can't complete a single pass.

After, he's in trouble with his physic... But we have to give him time and be patient. He's coming from a league where the physic doesn't count. And he needs time to get weight.

And as Vinnie Paz (for those who know him lool) has said once : "Patience is a vertue".