Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

When i think about it though he is really skinny and he could do with a weight training programme. If he can improve his ball keeping skills and put on a bit of muscle then i think he will be a perfect player for us. His pace tackling ability and his creativity is already Chelsea standard !

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was brilliant, i don't think strength is his problem i think his ball keeping skills needs some work. The pace he showed to catch arsehaven and tackle him was just sublime.

Exactly my sentiments. He is good going forward. He is Super Quick in the midfield and drew fouls early on. He looks quite lean but is very strong and you could se the way he won tackles and ball. Although that, what he needs to work on his ball keeping skills. There was a moment in first half when he gave the ball away outside the box. But after that he has been SUPER!!!

And he will only get better. And that tackle off Chamakh in the box was Fantastic.

The thing with Ramires is, he needs to feel his way into a match. Every time we see him play he has a poor first 15-20minutes to settle into the game and then he begins to adapt. My problem with him at times is, he takes way too long on the ball, he needs to learn that in the Premiership you will always be under pressure when you have the ball, he needs to learn that once he's got the ball he needs to think quickly and pass it or keep it.

He will learn that with few more games. Its only his 4th game,

I gotta say this, when I look at him on the pitch he by any angle doesnt come across as a Football Player. More like those Kenyan Cross Country runners

He will learn that with few more games. Its only his 4th game,

I gotta say this, when I look at him on the pitch he by any angle doesnt come across as a Football Player. More like those Kenyan Cross Country runners

Yes i agree his looks really slim, but did you see his lung busting sprint on goal when anelka had the ball.

Yes i agree his looks really slim, but did you see his lung busting sprint on goal when anelka had the ball.

Oh Yeah.....I also saw Arshavin giving up the chase at Half Line. Ramirez is quicker than Essien. he is just tooo Quick. Needs to learn to hold the ball off more.

he needs to put on a bit of weight, maybe like ashley because the english league is to physical for his frame. several times he was muscled off the ball in the city game.

Oh Yeah.....I also saw Arshavin giving up the chase at Half Line. Ramirez is quicker than Essien. he is just tooo Quick. Needs to learn to hold the ball off more.

Yes i agree but i think that pace can be used to great affect against quick wingers like robben or aaron lennon !

He is potentially a very good player but how soon will he settle down? He did fairly well yesterday and had a lot of very good moments. But sadly there were moments were he was simply outmuscled or his passing was way off. I think once he gets to grips with the league and style of refereeing we could have a very good player on our hands.

Mikel and Ramires are both 23, they are likely to be here for the next 6-8 years. Essien is only 27. Great stuff.

• 1 month later...

He is so thin, no wonder that he is being bullied. He doesn't have many muscles.

This reminds me of Michael Essien when he first came to us. He was no where near as skinny as Ramires but he has packed on the muscle.

He is so thin, no wonder that he is being bullied. He doesn't have many muscles.

He's strong. Trust me, he doesn't look it but he is. And it's kind of why he's so quick and got amazing stamina, he may not be able to go shoulder-to-shoulder like Drogba or Essien can but he knows how to tackle and he can hold is own. He'll prove it, he's growing into English football. His first touches have been much better and he's getting faster on passing it around, whereas before he'd spend too long on it and just get intercepted/crowded out. Give him time ;)

Ramires is doing fine considering he has only just moved to the club and country. Ramires is not the problem in our midfield, we are missing that natuarally forward minded player to link the play up like Lampard or Benayoun, obviously they think Josh is too young to start so are making do with Zhirkov and now Malouda.