MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • M?K ?ilina victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless Draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti name a full-strength team?

No, more like he brushed against someone ( Thiago Motta) and he went down like he had taken a cannonball in his nether regions. But then he himself got sent off in the semi against Barcelona ( this time due to Busquet's playacting). Karma's a bitch.

Lol yeah.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we'll be playing without Drogba,Lampard and Cole maybe even JT,clearly some rotation kicking in.

Zhirkov is obviously going to play 90 minutes unless he gets himself injured again.Benayoun may also play instead of Ramires.

I wonder who's going to be our striker though,is Anelka even capable of playing upfront on his own anymore?I doubt it,either Kalou or Sturridge will replace Drogba.

I wonder who's going to be our striker though, is Anelka even capable of playing upfront on his own anymore? I doubt it,either Kalou or Sturridge will replace Drogba.

No.

The last five games he played with France, he played as the main stricker (in a 4-3-3 system). And it was a real disaster.

Belive me. He even has said recently that he is no more a "real striker".

Kalou or Sturridge would be as far a better choice

No.

The last five games he played with France, he played as the main stricker (in a 4-3-3 system). And it was a real disaster.

Belive me. He even has said recently that he is no more a "real striker".

Kalou or Sturridge would be as far a better choice

The thing is neither Kalou or Sturridge are proven European quality and Ancelotti might want to play it safe.I know how terrible Anelka has been as a lone striker for France but maybe he'll somehow get himself to play like he did less than a year ago.It's hard to believe that a player can just forget how to play at a position that he had been playing for over a decade.I think Ancelotti may succeed at what Domenech failed.

Anelka was great when he played up top by himself in March against Villa and Man United, and especially well when Drogba was away with the Cote d'Ivoire for the AfCoN in January/February. I have faith in him to be able to score if he does play up top.

And granted, Anelka has been shit for France, but so has their whole squad, so that's a null argument :lol:

Like BlueLion said, Nic was tremendous leading the line when he was needed last season. Never more so than in the 7-0 demolition of Villa and the win at OT against Man Utd, his movement and understanding with Malouda is incredibly sharp and intelligent. That being said I wouldnt mind seeing Sturridge get some game time.

Like BlueLion said, Nic was tremendous leading the line when he was needed last season. Never more so than in the 7-0 demolition of Villa and the win at OT against Man Utd, his movement and understanding with Malouda is incredibly sharp and intelligent. That being said I wouldnt mind seeing Sturridge get some game time.

I think Nic has proved to be a great signing for us .Initially I had reservations concerning his attitude .I think in his earlier "le sulk days" he was under

the influence of his older brother who acted as his agent . Certainly he seems to have settled here and is happy to act as second string to Drog.

With regard to his playing style ,I think he has adapted his game with age . Now he reminds me of Sherringham in the latter part of his career.

If this continues I can see him outlasting Drog . A very valuable member for quite a few more years.

Anelka was great when he played up top by himself in March against Villa and Man United, and especially well when Drogba was away with the Cote d'Ivoire for the AfCoN in January/February. I have faith in him to be able to score if he does play up top.

And granted, Anelka has been shit for France, but so has their whole squad, so that's a null argument :lol:

Yeah, maybe you're right.

But i still think Sturridge would be a better choice than Anelka. And also Anelka would be a better choice than Dani for the right wing IMO.

OFFICIAL FULL TEAM NEWS, as announced in Carlo's press conference this evening:

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Zhirkov

Essien Mikel Benayoun

Kalou Sturridge Malouda

Also, PvA, McEachran, Borini, Kakuta and Sam Walker have travelled with the squad.

Source: Blues News.

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Zhirkov

Essien Mikel Benayoun

Kalou Sturridge Malouda

Also, PvA, McEachran, Borini, Kakuta and Sam Walker have travelled with the squad.

Yeah, i'm happy with this ! Mainly for Dani !!

Five youth as substitute, wouah ! Good to see. I think Mceachran could get few minutes, in intented to give a rest to Mikel or Essien.

I would like to see systematic rotation with 2 young players starting in ALL but the most difficult games

i agree 100 % bud..i think even if those youngsters struggle at times,we have a good enough team to compensate for it against the non-top teams... we would probably have the same number of points in the Prem if we played all of our games from start to finish with 10 men so why not "carry" atleast one in the starting line-up..none of them have done anything major wrong in the games they`ve played in thus far during their young careers.

with that in mind the team i would personally pick is

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Van Aanholt

Ramires

Essien Zhirkov

Benayoun Sturridge Malouda

bench:Anelka,Ferreira,Bruma,Mikel,Kakuta,Kalou,Turnbull

if JT doesn`t pass fit..put Ivanovic at CB and play Ferreira bringing a younster to fill his place on the bench..perhaps McEachran.

if all goes to plan with a comfortable score line and no injuries with 25-30 minutes to go..i would bring on Kakuta for Malouda,Bruma for JT or Alex .

this could very well turn out to be a more frustrating night for us than we think tho..i think we`ll win but due to conditions with travel and the Zilina players being so motivated by probably playing the biggest game of their careers so far and us not being familier with the opposition. (their players may not be familer with ours from playing against them,but i`m sure they`ve seen our players in action many many times on the telly etc...it could be the trickiest game we`ve played so far this season...or it could be the easiest..we`ll find out tomorrow..

*Very* interesting pick by Ancelotti.

A solid defense protected by the experienced and reliable Mikel-Essien duo and some experimenting upfront.As DavidEU pointed out this is a golden chance for Sturridge to show his quality on the biggest stage,I only hope he does not wear his sitter-missing boots.If things go well we might see Bruma getting gametime,Kakuta may feature as well.

However I'm a bit bugged about Anelka's absence and Walker's inclusion over Turnbull and Hilario,it could either mean that one of them is injured or that maybe there has been a change in the pecking order.Although it's possible that Ancelotti sees Zilina as an easy opponent(and rightly so) and I'm just making too much out of it.

I was positively surprised by McEachran's inclusion,having a 17year old on the bench during an away European game is so unlike us.

*Very* interesting pick by Ancelotti.

A solid defense protected by the experienced and reliable Mikel-Essien duo and some experimenting upfront.As DavidEU pointed out this is a golden chance for Sturridge to show his quality on the biggest stage,I only hope he does not wear his sitter-missing boots.If things go well we might see Bruma getting gametime,Kakuta may feature as well.

However I'm a bit bugged about Anelka's absence and Walker's inclusion over Turnbull and Hilario,it could either mean that one of them is injured or that maybe there has been a change in the pecking order.Although it's possible that Ancelotti sees Zilina as an easy opponent(and rightly so) and I'm just making too much out of it.

I was positively surprised by McEachran's inclusion,having a 17year old on the bench during an away European game is so unlike us.

i havent tried the link provided yet but on that post, Anelka is included.

i`m delighted by Sam Walker getting the nod for the bench..great experience for the kid and Turnbull & Hilario are so woeful..i`ll roll the dice and say Sam Walker wouldn`t do worse given the playing time.

great to see Josh there too...well done Carlo for having the balls to do it.

after just reading that article on the official site...it`s great to hear how highly he rates Sturridge..and that Yury is very much a part of his plans for the season..would prefer to see him play in a more attacking role and to see what Ash,Yury and Malouda would do together on the left side of the field...surely on paper atleast, theres not many better left flanks than that in world football,if any atall...but obviously not for this game with Ash being rested.