MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • M?K ?ilina victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless Draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti name a full-strength team?

It's Europe,I can't see Ancelotti taking any risks.Expect our strongest line-up against Zilina.

i hope he will .... we are playing zilina , who are zilina ... i don't mean to underestimate them but if we are not gonna take the risk against zilina who are we gonna take the risk against ????

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What HAS he done to prove he deserves more playing time?

everything a youngster could possibly do

show great control ... did it

show signs of a very promising star ... did it

make you smell danger when ball is at his feet .... did it

show unbelievable creativity like that ball he played to Drogba ... did it

show great pace ... did it

make it clear that he is not nervous or afraid to play against bigger teams ... did it

show that he is absolutely the most creative player in our squad ... did it

win the MVP of the u-19 tournament .... did it

if that is not enough then what is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything a youngster could possibly do

show great control ... did it

show signs of a very promising star ... did it

make you smell danger when ball is at his feet .... did it

show unbelievable creativity like that ball he played to Drogba ... did it

show great pace ... did it

make it clear that he is not nervous or afraid to play against bigger teams ... did it

show that he is absolutely the most creative player in our squad ... did it

win the MVP of the u-19 tournament .... did it

I agree, so he should get his 15-20 minutes every other game and starts in the cup competitions, just not the 30 mins every game like you say.

You can also say that giving him 30 mins once we are 3 or 4 nil up doesn't lead to his development either.

As I said, I think Kakuta, Sturridge, PvA and Bruma should be definite starters in every cup game, no matter how far we go. Couple that with the odd start against weak league opposition and 15 mins every other game and they'll be first teamers in 2 years.

This should be an easy one, but we shouldn't take this game lightly, as Petr Cech has said before.

This would be my starting XI

-- Cech --

-- Ferreira -- Terry © -- Alex -- A.Cole

-- Mikel --

-- Essien -- Ramires --

-- Anelka -- Drogba -- Kakuta --

Subs: Hilario, Bruma, Ivanovic, Malouda, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Kalou

I think Kakuta should get a start. This is against a minnow side, so he should get some kind of chance to show his abilities. Malouda should maybe come on later in the game, and give us fresh legs down the left side come the end of the game.

http://www.goal.com/en/match/49883/sparta-praha-vs-msk-zilina/lineup-stats

According to this, they played 3-3-4 in their qualifier AWAY to Prague. Could be interesting to say the least.

Anyone know anything about this lot?!

Very little tbh. I don't think any of the players who played against us in 2003 are there at all. I don't think they have many international players either. One thing I know is they have a player called Admir Vladavic who is a decent little forward with plenty of pace and trickery. He plays for Bosnia-Hercegovina.

Edit - even Wikipedia knows hardly anything about them. Having looked at their squad list I recognise literally two players :blink:

This would be my starting XI

-- Cech --

-- Ferreira -- Terry © -- Alex -- A.Cole

-- Mikel --

-- Essien -- Ramires --

-- Anelka -- Drogba -- Kakuta --

Drogba is suspended. Read above.

Cech; Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, A.Cole; Essien/Mikel, Ramires, Benayoun; Kalou, Anelka, Malouda.

Subs, Hilario, Ferreira, Essien/Mikel, Zhirkov, Sturridge, PvA, Kakuta.

Drogba issue won't be a problem, we coped last season, at least this is a reduced ban though..

Kalou.........Anelka.........Malouda

Looks about right. Only issues are Terry/Lampard fitness. I can see Lampard and Terry missing this one out, Alex & Ramires can fill in. A.Cole for captain role :whistling:

You can also say that giving him 30 mins once we are 3 or 4 nil up doesn't lead to his development either.

As I said, I think Kakuta, Sturridge, PvA and Bruma should be definite starters in every cup game, no matter how far we go. Couple that with the odd start against weak league opposition and 15 mins every other game and they'll be first teamers in 2 years.

agree for use in Carling Cup ...F A cup is a bit away and we want to be first team to do back to back Doubles of PL and F A cup ....

and shove our History down everyones throat

IMO, we have to tkae this game seriously. It's our first Champions' League game so we gotta to won it.

Futhermore, we know strictly nothing about them. And it will be a hard travel... They haven't got any aeroport (we gotta take the train or the bus).

I'd prefere Sturridge to start the game, he has more experience than Kakuta.

==> I'd like to see this lineup :

Cech

Ferreira - Alex - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Essien - Ramires

Anelka - Sturridge - Malouda

sub : GK - Zhirkov - Kakuta - Kalou - Benayoun - Bruma - Iva

Kakuta replaces Anleka or Malouda. Zhirkov replaces Cole. Bruma replaces Alex or Terry. Of course it's if we lead the game.

There star signing (Momodou Ceesay) is an old Chelsea reserve player. He was then sent to Westerloo, where he managed a fantastic 0 goals in 30 games(He's a striker!!). He scored a good goal against Prague in there qualifier though.

And that is all I know about Zilina! haha

yea i agree with the couple people that said that sturridge is being forgot about now that kakuta played 15-20 minutes. hopefully he will get at least a half. i think malouda will start cause he gave him a rest last game. not sure if sturridge or kalou will start up there will him even though i think carlo will give it to kalou